Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,266 members, 7,839,343 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 05:17 PM

Meteorite Crashes In Russia. Intercepted By Missiles - Science/Technology (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Meteorite Crashes In Russia. Intercepted By Missiles (15823 Views)

Plane Crashes Caused By Pilot Error & Some Facts About Flying (Graphic Photos) / Virgin Galactic Spaceship Crashes In Desert, Killing 1 / Revolutionary Railroad: Atomic Train Being Developed In Russia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Meteorite Crashes In Russia. Intercepted By Missiles by Mekus68: 3:39pm On Feb 15, 2013
[color=#990000][/color]
SimonAndal: Watch video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7c-0iwBEswE

Close-up of crater:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0cT8vZ-7vxQ

_
http://gawker.com/5984470/apparent-meteorite-crash-in-russia-causes-giant-explosions-forces-evacuation-of-nearby-offices-and-schools
Oxygenbutter77: I am thinking this a military bragadoccio. Last weekend or even earlier this week it was about N.Korea testing subsurface Nuclear warhead that triggered a magnitude 4.9 tremor and now russia goes ICBM. I am not saying Russia tested nuke but both presidents want the support of their masses. And a show of strength is surely the way forward to rally the usual shepples behind their political X-box. Plus other political ax^2+bx+c=0 could be involved here. Asteriod or Meteriorites so that we start wondering and worrying of Extraterrestial inconviniences and press hard for Zionic protection against space catastrophe. USA might soon shield the whole of washington state with electric sonic magnetic shields from a falling moon. All these after Iran announced a war plane that would not be detected by radars 3weeks ago. I think the usual suspects have be ruffled from their Mouth Action now smaller nations have located their anus.
SimonAndal: Watch video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7c-0iwBEswE

Close-up of crater:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0cT8vZ-7vxQ

_
http://gawker.com/5984470/apparent-meteorite-crash-in-russia-causes-giant-explosions-forces-evacuation-of-nearby-offices-and-schools
Re: Meteorite Crashes In Russia. Intercepted By Missiles by kramer: 3:54pm On Feb 15, 2013
earthrealm: clowns!!!.intercepted by what?!!..a mi wetin?

choi..a meteor travels at speeds in excess of 60km/sec.the space shuttle which is abt the fastest rocket engine invented by humans travels at abt 11km/sec.....earths escape velocity hovers around 11-12km/sec...so even if the soviets hv a rocket capable of 25km/secs...intercepting and shooting down the meteor wud hv been near impossible............even if it was been tracked from space. the chances of succesfully tracking and taking it out are quite dim

Thank you oo!! please help me lecture these people... Not everything you see on TV would work in real life.

Very soon some people will say the Russians landed people on the asteroid and planted a bomb on it before escaping just in time. Mtcheewww
Re: Meteorite Crashes In Russia. Intercepted By Missiles by kramer: 3:56pm On Feb 15, 2013
seunny4lif: Guy,u no get dstv for house?Dem upload for u to watch abi u no dey see?Dis one na film?Some people sha.....It been uploaded by many cctv camera....So?

Check out my other posts
Re: Meteorite Crashes In Russia. Intercepted By Missiles by DECOtech(m): 3:57pm On Feb 15, 2013
grin
exxell: CHOI.... INTERCEPTED BY MISSILES!!! THEY WERE ALL ALERT! WAITING FOR ANY IMMINENT DANGER!
ONLY GOD KNOWS WHAT WOULD HAVE BEEN OUR FAITH IF THIS WERE TO BE IN NIGERIA! grin grin grin TODAY'S NEWS HEADLINES ALL OVER THE WORLD WILL BE LIKE

CNN- A GIANT METEORITE WASHES OUT THE GIANT OF AFRICA

ALJAZEERA- METEORITE STRIKES NIGERIA TWO WEEKS AFTER THE NATIONS CUP; BURKINA FASO SUSPECTED grin grin grin

BBC- METEORITE SHOWERS ECLIPSE OUR FORMER COLONY; MI7 ON THE LOOKOUT FOR BANCE! tongue tongue tongue
grin
exxell: CHOI.... INTERCEPTED BY MISSILES!!! THEY WERE ALL ALERT! WAITING FOR ANY IMMINENT DANGER!
ONLY GOD KNOWS WHAT WOULD HAVE BEEN OUR FAITH IF THIS WERE TO BE IN NIGERIA! grin grin grin TODAY'S NEWS HEADLINES ALL OVER THE WORLD WILL BE LIKE

ALJAZEERA- METEORITE STRIKES NIGERIA TWO WEEKS AFTER THE NATIONS CUP; BURKINA FASO SUSPECTED grin grin grin

BBC- METEORITE SHOWERS ECLIPSE OUR FORMER COLONY; MI7 ON THE LOOKOUT FOR BANCE! tongue tongue tongue
Re: Meteorite Crashes In Russia. Intercepted By Missiles by stankezzy: 4:07pm On Feb 15, 2013
kramer:

Ogbeni yii! Park your legedez benz and read my comment again.

Of course its real, if you weren't so myopic you would see that my comment was targeted at the report of 400injured (which may or may not be true) and the missile inerception (which is harder to believe)

Try again
why are u that backward,if isrealis can intercept thousands of missiles within small notice,why cant russia intercept this one they have been monitoring for long with known direction nd speed.
Re: Meteorite Crashes In Russia. Intercepted By Missiles by kramer: 4:39pm On Feb 15, 2013
stankezzy: why are u that backward,if isrealis can intercept thousands of missiles within small notice,why cant russia intercept this one they have been monitoring for long with known direction nd speed.

Please read earthrealms comment. And please don't ever compare missiles with asteroids... It makes you sound silly
Re: Meteorite Crashes In Russia. Intercepted By Missiles by phermonyx(m): 5:02pm On Feb 15, 2013
kramer:

Tell me what you don't understand and I'll try my best to break it down so that it will make sense to you.

BTW did you notice that the article said "unconfirmed" reports of missile interception right?
There are now more than 500 pple injured, although most of them have minor injuries.
Re: Meteorite Crashes In Russia. Intercepted By Missiles by CGKing(m): 5:15pm On Feb 15, 2013

Exactly my thought. We r not ready for anything. Only stealing. At least I know Saudi, Iran, india, Pakistan, Ethiopia and probably SA will be ready. While they all have their eyes in the sky, we have ours fixed eternally on oil.
Re: Meteorite Crashes In Russia. Intercepted By Missiles by brianromel(m): 5:38pm On Feb 15, 2013
intercepted by missiles my foot. ever seen a missile with no telltale.

Wonder what other secret weapons the russians have hidden.
Re: Meteorite Crashes In Russia. Intercepted By Missiles by lmm4real: 6:33pm On Feb 15, 2013
Hope they discover element 110-120.
Re: Meteorite Crashes In Russia. Intercepted By Missiles by elampiro(m): 7:11pm On Feb 15, 2013
Latest report says more that 1000 injured.

I can't see any report of interception.
Re: Meteorite Crashes In Russia. Intercepted By Missiles by Reference(m): 7:12pm On Feb 15, 2013
stankezzy: why are u that backward,if isrealis can intercept thousands of missiles within small notice,why cant russia intercept this one they have been monitoring for long with known direction nd speed.

My brother. I don't know if this is a problem of semantics or physics. Intercept simply means to cross with the aim of stopping. It doesn't necessarily mean chase. Infact if it is coming towards you it becomes very simple. Thus a tortoise can intercept a speedy okada if it knows exactly where it is heading and how fast it is moving. All the tortoise needs to do is to start moving years before.

And for a 50m asteroid, a two-ton TNT warhead will scatter that thoughtless of a hydrogen or nuclear warhead.
Re: Meteorite Crashes In Russia. Intercepted By Missiles by Reference(m): 7:14pm On Feb 15, 2013
elampiro: Latest report says more that 1000 injured.

I can't see any report of interception.

Those injuries will have been caused by the fragments of the shattered comet which still carry high inertia. Even if the comet was shattered to sand granules, a grain of sand moving at 17,00
kmph can still cut through you.

Force = mass x acceleration. Since you cannot slow it down your best chance of survival will be to alter the mass or should I say spread the mass.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Meteorite Crashes In Russia. Intercepted By Missiles by Kassidy90(m): 7:18pm On Feb 15, 2013

Guy u badt gan........ Cracking mai ribs wit laffta
Re: Meteorite Crashes In Russia. Intercepted By Missiles by ceejay80s(m): 8:07pm On Feb 15, 2013
V-lyrics:
Is meteriolite or wateva part of end time signs.. Did the bible say ' at d end big stones shall fall from outer space'? Mtcheeew
mumu talk! Bible tell u how u go die? I know say u dey talk out of fear, oya listen! Na stone dem take kill steven in the bible, meaning na stone go end the world
Re: Meteorite Crashes In Russia. Intercepted By Missiles by LewsTherin: 8:43pm On Feb 15, 2013
The ignorance of some folks is amazing. The willingness to swallow everything said n the Internet is even greater! Intercepted indeed. Close-ups of what crater? The same crater in rock, a lake and in ice in the same day? Please.

And tho' the bible prophesies much about the end times, linking everything that happens as signs of the end times is one of the things that makes doubters see Christians as silly. For those who don't know, a meteor hit Russia's Tunguska region in 1911. Was that end time stuff too?

Before you get me wrong, I believe the bible and I long for Christ's return. But I'll not try to scare people to the path I follow.

1 Like

Re: Meteorite Crashes In Russia. Intercepted By Missiles by Hydronium(m): 9:08pm On Feb 15, 2013
E sure me say Ibo guyz go don do the film by next week cheesy
Re: Meteorite Crashes In Russia. Intercepted By Missiles by Raddie(m): 11:18pm On Feb 15, 2013
Legit1:

Death is the least thing to worry about here, the possible effects it could have on our ecosystem and the course to re-adaptation? undecided

DEAD is DEAD
Re: Meteorite Crashes In Russia. Intercepted By Missiles by Raddie(m): 11:30pm On Feb 15, 2013
kramer:

Please read earthrealms comment. And please don't ever compare missiles with asteroids... It makes you sound silly

Don't think both of you have heard of the word "TRAJECTORY"
Re: Meteorite Crashes In Russia. Intercepted By Missiles by Raddie(m): 11:32pm On Feb 15, 2013
kramer:

Use your head for once, opinions are allowed, I'm sure that's why SEUN allowed you in
Re: Meteorite Crashes In Russia. Intercepted By Missiles by Nobody: 12:00am On Feb 16, 2013
rafhell: end time is coming
Kassidy90: End time things
Abeg what does crashing of asteroids have to do with second coming
Re: Meteorite Crashes In Russia. Intercepted By Missiles by ideetosin(m): 12:10am On Feb 16, 2013

grin

hahahahahaha omo u wan kill person wit laugh ni wetin concern burkinafaso na Lwkmd!
Re: Meteorite Crashes In Russia. Intercepted By Missiles by kramer: 12:56am On Feb 16, 2013
Raddie:

Use your head for once, opinions are allowed, I'm sure that's why SEUN allowed you in

Don't think you've heard of the word "COMMON SENSE" so trajectory is the only thing that needs to be considered abi? Not speed or mass shey? OK carry on professor

Regarding opinions, was my opinion not challenged by the same person you are defending as well? And are you not challenging my opinion as well? Nonsense hypocrite
Re: Meteorite Crashes In Russia. Intercepted By Missiles by ISBLIAC(m): 9:24am On Feb 16, 2013

See madness gringringringrin
INSANITY AT ITS PEAK grin
Re: Meteorite Crashes In Russia. Intercepted By Missiles by Ugo50: 11:56am On Feb 16, 2013
U S A is the cos
Re: Meteorite Crashes In Russia. Intercepted By Missiles by power2(m): 2:09pm On Feb 16, 2013
Are you looking for a strong,efficient,effective long lasting power inverter?if yes,then you are at the right place.our company(NEW AGE) is the mother of all inverter company in Nigeria cos aside the fact that we have the largest production company in INDIAN,our company manufactures inverter,ups for almost 80percent of inverter company in Nigeria,aside that,all the elevator company in Nigeria makes use of our power inverter to power the elevators,even banks purchase our inverters for their ATM and lots more.we also have inverters build in Nigeria basically for those who cant afford the imported ones.So which ever one you decide to go for,you can be rest assured that you are buying the best product.below is a picture of the inverter.pls feel free to call us today on 08057081537 or 08130924655.[

Re: Meteorite Crashes In Russia. Intercepted By Missiles by geosegun(m): 4:51pm On Feb 16, 2013
earthrealm: clowns!!!.intercepted by what?!!..a mi wetin?

choi..a meteor travels at speeds in excess of 60km/sec.the space shuttle which is abt the fastest rocket engine invented by humans travels at abt 11km/sec.....earths escape velocity hovers around 11-12km/sec...so even if the soviets hv a rocket capable of 25km/secs...intercepting and shooting down the meteor wud hv been near impossible............even if it was been tracked from space. the chances of succesfully tracking and taking it out are quite dim

While I am not disputing the fact that meteorites travel with shear velocity, I believe it's possible to intercept it with nuclear warhead moving (and closing in) in opposite direction. For crying out loud, no one is trying to chase asteroid or compete with it,
Russia should be able to destroy it, if it does not caught them unaware.

NB: NO REPORT OF INTERCEPTION ON SKY NEWS ANYWAY.
Re: Meteorite Crashes In Russia. Intercepted By Missiles by SkySpirit(m): 12:28am On Feb 17, 2013
Thank God for the lives that were saved.
Re: Meteorite Crashes In Russia. Intercepted By Missiles by demsid(m): 12:35am On Feb 17, 2013
;Dwhr did d meteorite cm frm. N why-
Re: Meteorite Crashes In Russia. Intercepted By Missiles by Nobody: 3:14am On Feb 17, 2013
I'm very sure Tuberculosis Joshua must've said something about this grin
Re: Meteorite Crashes In Russia. Intercepted By Missiles by yinka2011: 3:31am On Feb 17, 2013
lol that last video is not from this incident.

thats turkey, something happened in 80's its burning because of gas leak. its not meteor.
Re: Meteorite Crashes In Russia. Intercepted By Missiles by ninja4life(m): 9:50am On Feb 18, 2013

ROFLMAO

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How To Join GeoPoll and Earn Airtime Credit / Conservationists Warn Against Extinction Of Lions In Nigeria / What Do You Call This Domesticated Fowl In Your Dialect?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.