Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,452 members, 7,826,733 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 07:22 PM

Re: Sahara-reporters & Pm News Story On Goldie - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Re: Sahara-reporters & Pm News Story On Goldie (591 Views)

Denrele Visits Late Goldie's Grave, Pays Emotional Tribute (Photos) / D'banj's Landlord Threatens To Evict Him - PM News / Kim Kardashian On Goldie & Her Visit To Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Re: Sahara-reporters & Pm News Story On Goldie by chronique(m): 6:08pm On Feb 15, 2013
Sahara reporters and PM news,you guys can do better.

I saw a copy of PM news @ the stands this afternoon with the ludicros headline "GOLDIE DIED OF DRUGS - SOURCES". I might not be her manager nor work with her management team;however,I think this is pure "gutter journalism". Here's a lady who died shortly after her return to the country,on a day that was supposed to be a happy one for everyone of us,and whose untimely death came as a shock to fans,friends,family & colleagues. As we speak,a lot of people still haven't come to terms with the news of her demise. Publishing this story of her dying out of use of drugs,without concrete evidence,is not only malicious but callous. You don't run a headline like that without an authentic source & this authentic source has to be the result of an autopsy carried out by a competent medical practictioner. Anything other than that is totally unacceptable. I don't care if the so called "sources" sleep,eat & dine with her;if they aren't bold enough to reveal their identities,then let them keep shut! We live in a world where anything said against the dead becomes the "truth" cos the dead can't speak nor defend themselves. Not everybody who has read this Sahara-reporters/PM news story would go back to read the correct version if it happens to be false. Opinions would be formed based on lies & misleading reports & would be spread to ignorant folks who in turn,would spread it to others & at the end of the day,it would become "truth" to some people.
That aside,in a situation like this,I think dissemination of information has to be handled with tact... Until her death,she was hardworking & stayed on top of her game and it is clear for everyone to see.

Until we get a confirmed autopsy report on her death,pls let's take it and believe that she died of natural causes.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Bobby Brown Begins Jail Sentence / Goodnight Our Village Headmaster! / P Square’s Second Baby’s Mother Stuck In London Hospital Over Unpaid Hospital Bi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.