Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,172 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:38 AM

Cassava Production: I Need 9 Investors Who Can Invest N60,000 Each. - Business To Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Business To Business / Cassava Production: I Need 9 Investors Who Can Invest N60,000 Each. (4348 Views)

Can You Afford To Invest N60,000 To Make 100% Returns In 5month? / I NEED SOMEBODY WHO CAN INVEST IN A TIMBER BUSINESS. / Do You Investors Who Intend To Build A Refinery Any Where In The World? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cassava Production: I Need 9 Investors Who Can Invest N60,000 Each. by olushowunm(m): 9:43pm On Feb 15, 2013
My name is Olu Showunmi-Bancrofts, an Engineer by training and farmer by occupation. I'm involved in cassava, pepper, tomato & cotton productions. Currently, i'm working on a large acreage of pepper with some of my friends/partners.
I have access to large acreage of land for farming in Ogun state, being an indigine; i can enter any village and seek land for agricultural use.
I'm here to seek 9 other investors/partners interested in forming a partnership to cultivate 20 acres of land for cassava, which will yield about N3Million by January, 2014.
Details on that can requested for from me.
Reasons why i'm throwing this opportunity opened are;
1. Our pepper farm have drained a lot resources (Human and Capital)
2. There is a window of opportunity now to get Labourers for a year work, while it will be more expensive to do that in like one month from now.
3. Cassava marketing/sales works best during dry season and the variety we are planting in 8-10months and also yield about 45tons/ Ha..
Re: Cassava Production: I Need 9 Investors Who Can Invest N60,000 Each. by pemiboy: 9:49pm On Feb 15, 2013
Pls send me more details emmancoakins@gmail.com
Re: Cassava Production: I Need 9 Investors Who Can Invest N60,000 Each. by olushowunm(m): 9:53pm On Feb 15, 2013
4. I like spreading my risks as in making sure we have a lot of people on board, so nobody feels the burden of financing. Because finance can really be a problem in Agribusiness.

Risks/Rewards
Agribusiness holds a lot of risks and thats why most Nigerian Banks shies away from it. The most risky agribusiness is livestock production though arable crops farming is also risky, but compared to other places in the world, Nigeria fared better. We don't have draught or major flooding except some flash flooding we use to experience due to inability to channel waterways properly. This don't even happeen in farms.
Cassava unlike pepper, tomato and cotton that i do get involve in, is a conservative approach to make money, because cassava is the last hope of farmers if other crops failed due to its drought-resistance, cassava can survive many adverse condition which pepper can never stand and its reward is fairly proportionate to the risk taken. Comparing Cassava production on 20-acres land with Peppe production...
Re: Cassava Production: I Need 9 Investors Who Can Invest N60,000 Each. by olushowunm(m): 10:14pm On Feb 15, 2013
RISKS/REWARDS CONTINUES...
Pepper production is a money spinner and producing pepper on 20 acres will have net about N30-N50million depending on the management and timing of the planting, but the risks and capital outlay are higher than in cassava production. WHich makes me affirm, the higher the risks, the higher the rewards... But cassava is insurance crop that always delivers no matter what!
Marketing/Sales
In any Agribusiness, value-chain is the key, what do i mean by value-chain? That means is the crop a raw material for some kind products that is in high demand! if that should be the case, Cassava sits on a pinnacle in this regard, Cassava can be used to make Garri, Elubo,( which we are not interested in), Glucose syrups, Ethanol, High quality Cassava Flour, Cassava chips for export, Tapioca and others.
Currently, we have about 3 HQCF major Processor who will be happy to buy our cassava, we also have an ethanol plant in Agbara, Also, we have Glucose-syrup plant in Ibafo. All needing Cassava..
Re: Cassava Production: I Need 9 Investors Who Can Invest N60,000 Each. by olushowunm(m): 10:34pm On Feb 15, 2013
So we deal only with corporate customers, who buy in wholesales and not Iya Onigarri who buys mostly on unsecured credit terms.

FINANCIAL SUMMARY
In this section, i decided to give a detailed cost implications of the project and the projected income/revenue from the venture.

Expenses:
Items N
Land Lease (20 acres) : N100,000
Labour foods/Accomodation for 9mths : N108,000
Cutlasses/files/Hoes : N30,000
Cassava improved stems: N100,000
Labour wages (End of year): (N360, 000)
Farm Chemicals/Fertlizer: N100,000
Miscelenious : N100,000

Total : N540,000

PROJECTED INCOME ANALYSIS

20 Acres = 8 Hectares
Cassava variety 05-05/ TME-419 Yields : 40-60tons/hectare
Price/ tons : N8,000 to N14,000 depending on starch content (Starch content is always high in dry season due to low water absorption rate)

Assumptions
If we are able to get 40tons per hectare, then we will have : 40tons x 8 = 320tons
Re: Cassava Production: I Need 9 Investors Who Can Invest N60,000 Each. by Nobody: 10:49pm On Feb 15, 2013
It is so sweet on paper but when it becomes time for investors to get bank alert, they get pathetic stories.
Re: Cassava Production: I Need 9 Investors Who Can Invest N60,000 Each. by donjsb(m): 10:49pm On Feb 15, 2013
So what would be the % return for your investors putting in #60000 or more. What is the authenticity of this biz. Have you ever been involved in it. If yes,are there documents of proof. You can reach me on don6004@yahoo.co.uk
Re: Cassava Production: I Need 9 Investors Who Can Invest N60,000 Each. by jethro2: 11:04pm On Feb 15, 2013
@ olushowum. I think your estimated harvest of 40 tons/hectare is a bit on the high side. My thought thou.
Re: Cassava Production: I Need 9 Investors Who Can Invest N60,000 Each. by olushowunm(m): 11:16pm On Feb 15, 2013
@JETHRO: It's even more conservative, if proper farm management is done, i.e application of fungicides,pesticides, insecticides and fertlilizer coupled with herbicides... you are good to go...
Re: Cassava Production: I Need 9 Investors Who Can Invest N60,000 Each. by olushowunm(m): 11:35pm On Feb 15, 2013
@BLINK... THANK YOU FOR THAT, BUT I THINK I WILL TAKE YOU THROUGH INVESTMENT 101... IN INVESTING, YOU MUST EVALUATE YOUR RISKS/REWARDS AND THATS WHY I TOOK TIME TO EXPLAIN THAT CLEARLY. THIS IS A RISKY VENTURE AND IT'S ALSO NOT AS RISKY AS SOME OTHER INVESTMENTS YOU MIGHT CONSIDERS, SO, YOU HAVE TO DIVERSIFIES YOUR INVESTMENTS TO SMOOTHENING THE EFFECT OF VOLATILITY IN YOUR PORTFOLIO... I'M NOT ONLY A FARMER MIND YOU, I'M AN INVESTOR, ENTREPRENEUR AND A FARMER (3-IN-1). YOU CAN CHECK ME OUT ON FB WITH MY NAME IN FULL AS STATED EARLIER IN THE POSTS.
Re: Cassava Production: I Need 9 Investors Who Can Invest N60,000 Each. by barikay: 2:01pm On Feb 16, 2013
Where can one get cassava improve stem?
Re: Cassava Production: I Need 9 Investors Who Can Invest N60,000 Each. by olushowunm(m): 3:43pm On Feb 16, 2013
CALL ME UP ON MY NUMBER... THANKS
Re: Cassava Production: I Need 9 Investors Who Can Invest N60,000 Each. by sammyhands: 8:26pm On Feb 16, 2013
olushowunm: My name is Olu Showunmi-Bancrofts, an Engineer by training and farmer by occupation. I'm involved in cassava, pepper, tomato & cotton productions. Currently, i'm working on a large acreage of pepper with some of my friends/partners.
I have access to large acreage of land for farming in Ogun state, being an indigine; i can enter any village and seek land for agricultural use.
I'm here to seek 9 other investors/partners interested in forming a partnership to cultivate 20 acres of land for cassava, which will yield about N4Million by January, 2014. A 800% ROI!
2. There is a window of opportunity now to get Labourers for a year work, while it will be more expensive to do that in like one month from now.
3. Cassava marketing/sales works best during dry season and the variety we are planting in 8-10months and also yield about 45tons/h

Sound like you know what you are saying, how long have you being into farming business? I am intesrested in what you do. I will like to take more than a slot if we can agree on terms. Let's chat 216284D1
Re: Cassava Production: I Need 9 Investors Who Can Invest N60,000 Each. by honeric01(m): 8:40pm On Feb 16, 2013
Nice explanation, but you didn't say anything about how long it takes to sell off the wrong harvest

Also about the profit-sharing-ratio.
Re: Cassava Production: I Need 9 Investors Who Can Invest N60,000 Each. by Boss13: 1:21pm On Feb 17, 2013
This guy is a scam. First scam indicator - he is involved in pepper farming with his friends/partners. What other partners do you need again. Second scam indicator - As an indigene, you can walk into anybody's land and request to use it for agricultural purpose - in this country where land is gold. You walk up to my land without cash in your pocket and you are speaking grammar, instead of business grammar. (Cash). Third scam indicator - 800% return on investment on N540,000 (N60,000 x 9).

People invest at your own risk. He wants to spread his risk and scam you.
Re: Cassava Production: I Need 9 Investors Who Can Invest N60,000 Each. by wonderiyke(m): 5:14pm On Feb 17, 2013
Great!The scam police is here @Boss13...
Re: Cassava Production: I Need 9 Investors Who Can Invest N60,000 Each. by wonderiyke(m): 5:20pm On Feb 17, 2013
Boss13: This guy is a scam. First scam indicator - he is involved in pepper farming with his friends/partners. What other partners do you need again. Second scam indicator - As an indigene, you can walk into anybody's land and request to use it for agricultural purpose - in this country where land is gold. You walk up to my land without cash in your pocket and you are speaking grammar, instead of business grammar. (Cash). Third scam indicator - 800% return on investment on N540,000 (N60,000 x 9).

People invest at your own risk. He wants to spread his risk and scam you.

Great!The scam police is here! You forgot to mention how he doesn't do the BB thing....I guess that's another dead give-away...
Re: Cassava Production: I Need 9 Investors Who Can Invest N60,000 Each. by Boss13: 5:33pm On Feb 17, 2013
wonderiyke: Great!The scam police is here @Boss13...

Are you scared? There is this guy Ademola in the auto section. His thread was just too good to be true. Everybody was busy calling him a scam. He did not fight, did not insult, rather he proved his point. Gave out his CAC no, office address and telephone number and even the telephone number of his wife who is also his manager. Informed us how he conducts his business in the US, the auction market he purchases his inventories. This was checked out and confirmed.

My profession gives me the opportunity to analyze businesses taking into consideration the business environment in order to ascertain sustainability. From experience, I can tell if a business will survive or not survive at all. In this country, a ROI of 800% is unattainable for agricultural products. People need to read in between the lines and smell the intentions of the scammer.

1 Like

Re: Cassava Production: I Need 9 Investors Who Can Invest N60,000 Each. by olushowunm(m): 6:22pm On Feb 17, 2013
@BOSS13... I UNDERSTAND YOUR FEELING... WELL, CONCERNING THE PARTNERS/FRIENDS, I SAID WE ARE ALREADY INVESTED IN PEPPER AND IS THERE ANY LAW THAT YOU MUST KEEP WORKING WITH ONLY SET OF PARTNERS... PEOPLE THAT KNOWS ME THAT I MAKE MONEY FOR MY PARTNERS... GO AND CHECK WARREN BUFFET'S STORY, HE CREATED OVER 20 PARTNERSHIPS, BEFORE DISSOLVING ALL INTO BERKSHIRE HATHAWAY... FOR THE N510,000 INSTEAD OF N540,000 WAS A TYPOS.... AND FOR SCAM, I MADE EVERYTHING OPEN, I INVITED INVESTORS TO MEET ME AT MY FARMS AND CONCERNING LAND ALLOCATION, WHAT I MEAN IS I CAN GET ANY LAND THAT I WANT AROUND OGUN STATE... AND IN THE FINANCIAL SUMMARY, IT IS CLEAR THAT THERE IS BUDGET FOR LAND LEASE AND IT'S NOT FREE... I HOPE YOU CAN FIND ANOTHER CRITIQUE THAT I CAN ADDRESS... THANKS.
Re: Cassava Production: I Need 9 Investors Who Can Invest N60,000 Each. by jniran22(m): 6:30pm On Feb 17, 2013
olushowunm: My name is Olu Showunmi-Bancrofts, an Engineer by training and farmer by occupation. I'm involved in cassava, pepper, tomato & cotton productions. Currently, i'm working on a large acreage of pepper with some of my friends/partners.
I'm here to seek 9 other investors/partners interested in forming a partnership to cultivate 20 acres of land for cassava, which will yield about N4Million by January, 2014. A 800% ROI!
3. Cassava marketing/sales works best during dry season and the variety we are planting in 8-10months and also yield about 45tons/h

Please send me details, I have a partner that will be interested in the business

jniran22@gmail.com
Re: Cassava Production: I Need 9 Investors Who Can Invest N60,000 Each. by olushowunm(m): 6:40pm On Feb 17, 2013
@WONDERMYKE... THANKS FOR THE IMPORTANT OBSERVATION, THE ROI IS ALREADY REVIEWED IN THE FINANCIAL SUMMARY... FOR THE PEPPER PRODUCTION THAT FIGURE IS POSSIBLE AND ITS WHAT I DO!
MY FORAY INTO THIS IS JUST TO HELP PEOPLE MAKES MONEY THROUGH AGRICULTURE... AND I HAVE TO TELL YOU I PAID MY DUES FOR 2YEARS TO LEARN A LOT IN THIS SECTOR... IF YOU ARE NOT FOCUS IN AGRICULTURE, YOU MAY LOOSE... I KNOW THIS, THATS WHY I WANT TO INVEST MY PARTNERS IN CASSAVA AND NOT PEPPER BECAUSE OF TIMING... AND FINALLY, WHAT IS RISKY TO YOU MIGHT BE MUCH CONSERVATIVE TO OTHERS!
Re: Cassava Production: I Need 9 Investors Who Can Invest N60,000 Each. by Boss13: 6:41pm On Feb 17, 2013
olushowunm: @BOSS13... I UNDERSTAND YOUR FEELING... WELL, CONCERNING THE PARTNERS/FRIENDS, I SAID WE ARE ALREADY INVESTED IN PEPPER AND IS THERE ANY LAW THAT YOU MUST KEEP WORKING WITH ONLY SET OF PARTNERS... PEOPLE THAT KNOWS ME THAT I MAKE MONEY FOR MY PARTNERS... GO AND CHECK WARREN BUFFET'S STORY, HE CREATED OVER 20 PARTNERSHIPS, BEFORE DISSOLVING ALL INTO BERKSHIRE HATHAWAY... FOR THE N510,000 INSTEAD OF N540,000 WAS A TYPOS.... AND FOR SCAM, I MADE EVERYTHING OPEN, I INVITED INVESTORS TO MEET ME AT MY FARMS AND CONCERNING LAND ALLOCATION, WHAT I MEAN IS I CAN GET ANY LAND THAT I WANT AROUND OGUN STATE... AND IN THE FINANCIAL SUMMARY, IT IS CLEAR THAT THERE IS BUDGET FOR LAND LEASE AND IT'S NOT FREE... I HOPE YOU CAN FIND ANOTHER CRITIQUE THAT I CAN ADDRESS... THANKS.

Olu I can give you N540,000 but I am not convinced in the viability of your business. You already have partners who should be able to raise N60,000 for you. Why add more people into the equation? Your story also shows that you do not have a land of your own because you claimed that as an indigene you can walk up to any land owner as request for his land (if them slap you). Also, you are yet to register a company and I don't do business with unregistered company. Your financials is not constructed properly, another indication that this business will fail. You have failed to include the environmental risk faced with agricultural products. You have also failed to include all expenses you would incur with the proceeds of N540,000. However you were quick to state the revenue you would generate in order to lure people. Maybe you are not a scammer, but there are so many scam indicators on your thread and I can confidently tell you that this business of yours will fail because you are to address certain issues (registration of coy, lease of land, purchase of seeds, cost of laborers, fertilizer cost, transportation cost etc and also factoring risk). And when you begin to tell your investors stories what do you think they will label you as? Having meeting with people does not cover the risk of a scam.
Re: Cassava Production: I Need 9 Investors Who Can Invest N60,000 Each. by olushowunm(m): 7:20pm On Feb 17, 2013
@BOSS13... THE VENTURE NEEDS N540,000 AND NOT N60,000... AND FOR EVERY INVESTOR, THERE ARE DIVERSE INTERESTS; THEY MIGHT BE INTERESTED IN AND I MIGHT NOT LIKE CASSAVA AND I MAY WANT PEPPER... MY OTHER PARTNERS ARE BANKERS AND THEY DO CASSAVA ON THEIR OWN TOO... WE ONLY PARTNER ON PEPPER PRODUCTIONS BECAUSE OF MY EXPERIENCE...
CONCERNING THE ISSUE OF LAND, YOU CAN ONLY BUY LAND FOR CASH CROPS PRODUCTION LIKE COCOA,PALMS AND PLANTAIN PLANTATIONS... AND BECAUSE OF THE PRINCIPLE OF CROP ROTATION AND COSTS, WE MUST ONLY CONSIDER LEASING... AT PRESENT, I HAVE IN MY POOL, ABOUT 100ACRES OF LAND IN DIFFERENT VILLAGES, WHICH IS GUARANTEED...

3. CONCERNING COY REG., WE WILL REGISTER A PARTNERSHIP VENTURE FOR THE VENTURE AND I DON'T NEED TO BRING MY COMPANY UP FOR THAT PURPOSE, AND I'M MAY BE INTERESTED IN INVESTING IN MY TECHNOLOGY COY... IF YOU ARE OKAY WITH THAT...

PLEASE ON THE ISSUE OF EXPENSES, CHECK THE THREADS VERY WELL, ITS STATED, IT'S EVEN BEFORE THE REVENUE! I HOPE THAT DOES IT
Re: Cassava Production: I Need 9 Investors Who Can Invest N60,000 Each. by jniran22(m): 9:41pm On Feb 18, 2013
Boss13:

Olu I can give you N540,000 but I am not convinced in the viability of your business. You already have partners who should be able to raise N60,000 for you. Why add more people into the equation? Your story also shows that you do not have a land of your own because you claimed that as an indigene you can walk up to any land owner as request for his land (if them slap you). Also, you are yet to register a company and I don't do business with unregistered company. Your financials is not constructed properly, another indication that this business will fail. You have failed to include the environmental risk faced with agricultural products. You have also failed to include all expenses you would incur with the proceeds of N540,000. However you were quick to state the revenue you would generate in order to lure people. Maybe you are not a scammer, but there are so many scam indicators on your thread and I can confidently tell you that this business of yours will fail because you are to address certain issues (registration of coy, lease of land, purchase of seeds, cost of laborers, fertilizer cost, transportation cost etc and also factoring risk). And when you begin to tell your investors stories what do you think they will label you as? Having meeting with people does not cover the risk of a scam.

@Boss13 Am sorry to barge in on your post but I will like to introduce an agro business to you with the ability to make a return of 50-100% ROI. I have a detailed and comprehensive business plan that you can view at your own request maybe we can work together, I am currently serving in kwara state as a corper NYSC and am passing out in June 2013 and I intend to start this business immediately I pass out.

my phone and email
08050272657, jniran22@gmail.com
Re: Cassava Production: I Need 9 Investors Who Can Invest N60,000 Each. by olushowunm(m): 12:28am On Feb 25, 2013
OPPORTUNITIES STILL EXISTS, IF YOU ARE STILL INTERESTED, KINDLY CONTACT ME. THANKS.
Re: Cassava Production: I Need 9 Investors Who Can Invest N60,000 Each. by olushowunm(m): 12:30am On Feb 25, 2013
AWAITING 5 MORE INVESTORS!
Re: Cassava Production: I Need 9 Investors Who Can Invest N60,000 Each. by george31(m): 3:41pm On Mar 01, 2013
can u send me a a detailed proposal: george31300@yahoo.co.uk

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Print Your Own Money Legally. / Distribution Transformer 500kva /33 Kv / iiiiii

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.