Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,707 members, 7,955,672 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 12:24 PM

black Nigerian Couple Gives Birthto White Baby - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / black Nigerian Couple Gives Birthto White Baby (2122 Views)

Nigerian Parents Give Birth To White Baby (Photos) / Doctor Explain How Black Nigerian Couple Give Birth To White Baby / Black (nigerian) Parents Give Birth To White Baby (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

black Nigerian Couple Gives Birthto White Baby by Nobody: 9:49pm On Feb 15, 2013
When Angela Ihegboro first saw her
newborn daughter, she was
“speechless.”
“She’s a miracle baby,” the 35-year-old
mother said yesterday. “But still, what
on earth happened here?”
What happened is that baby Nmachi is
a blue-eyed, blond-haired white baby
born to two black Nigerian immigrant
parents at a London hospital.
“The first thing I said was, ‘What the
flip?’ ” said the father, Ben Ihegboro.
“We both just sat there after the birth
staring at her for ages — not saying
anything.”
He quickly sought to dispel any
speculation.
“Of course she is mine. My wife is true
to me,” the 44-year-old customer-
service adviser said. “Even if she hadn’t
been, the baby still wouldn’t look like
that.”
Genetics experts don’t believe in
miracles, but they didn’t have any
simple answers to the mystery of baby
Nmachi. Instead, they offered three
theories:
* She’s the result of a gene mutation
unique to her. If that is the case,
Nmachi would pass the gene to her
children — and they, too, would likely
be white.
* She’s the product of long-dormant
white genes, passed on to her by her
parents, that might have been carried
by their predecessors for generations
without surfacing until now.
* While doctors have said Nmachi is not
an outright albino, or lacking in all
pigment, they added that the child may
have some kind of mutated version of
the genetic condition — and that her
skin could darken over time.

www.uber-facts.com/2013/02/black-nigerian-couple-gives-birth-to-white-baby/

Re: black Nigerian Couple Gives Birthto White Baby by babaowo: 4:58am On Feb 16, 2013
where is the dna result first? before i can make any comment.....

1 Like

Re: black Nigerian Couple Gives Birthto White Baby by chiteny(m): 5:38am On Feb 16, 2013
A DNA result would reveal many things.

1 Like

Re: black Nigerian Couple Gives Birthto White Baby by s25million: 6:43am On Feb 16, 2013
shocked shocked shocked shocked grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin Away match. Bros take heart. So much for 21st century feminine liberation apologist. A DNA testing less than $30 would serve as a silver bullet. But again even if she played away match the baby cannot completely look white.
Re: black Nigerian Couple Gives Birthto White Baby by chiteny(m): 6:47am On Feb 16, 2013
$25 million:
shocked shocked shocked shocked grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin Away match. Bros take heart o. So much for 21st century feminine liberation apologist. But again a DNA testing less than $30 would serve as a silver bullet.

Maybe he does not want to go thru all the trouble knowing the child is not his, that's why he accepted the baby just like that.

Come to think of it, I wonder why the genetic experts did not analyse away match to be one of the causes?
Re: black Nigerian Couple Gives Birthto White Baby by s25million: 6:55am On Feb 16, 2013
chiteny:

Maybe he does not want to go thru all the trouble knowing the child is not his, that's why he accepted the baby just like that.

Come to think of it, I wonder why the genetic experts did not analyse away match to be one of the causes?
the baby is completely blue eyed white which slims the chances of away match. But it's still possibly if the whiteee has got strong dominating genes
Re: black Nigerian Couple Gives Birthto White Baby by Nobody: 7:19am On Feb 16, 2013
Or did the doctors give her someone else's baby by mistake?
Re: black Nigerian Couple Gives Birthto White Baby by Nobody: 10:07am On Feb 16, 2013
Don't you guys think that before geneticists will give those 3 probable causes they must have been absolutely sure she didn't play away match?
Re: black Nigerian Couple Gives Birthto White Baby by Lolaabokoku(f): 8:06pm On Feb 16, 2013
are u sure the baby isn't an albino?
Re: black Nigerian Couple Gives Birthto White Baby by Nobody: 8:45pm On Feb 16, 2013
Lolaabokoku: are u sure the baby isn't an albino?
"While doctors have said Nmachi
is not
an outright albino, or lacking in
all
pigment, they added that the
child may
have some kind of mutated
version of
the genetic condition — and that
her
skin could darken over time."
Re: black Nigerian Couple Gives Birthto White Baby by chiteny(m): 6:51am On Feb 18, 2013
brokoto: Don't you guys think that before geneticists will give those 3 probable causes they must have been absolutely sure she didn't play away match?

The doctors dey follow her go every where she go? Na only God can answer that question o!
Re: black Nigerian Couple Gives Birthto White Baby by Genius100: 10:45pm On Feb 18, 2013
This happened about 3 years ago. I wonder what the baby looks like now...

1 Like

Re: black Nigerian Couple Gives Birthto White Baby by inosend: 3:44pm On Mar 04, 2015
Well, you see, according to Gregor Mendel genes can mutate ...but come o, did you say black parents and white baby? Abudukareemu o! This one na marriage counsellor fit explain am o.

(1) (Reply)

This Diety Called "Husband" By Toyin Fabs / Buffalo Gives Birth To Human Like Baby / Should A Woman Also Cheat On Her Husband For Cheating On Her?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.