Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,151 members, 7,818,474 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:45 PM

enroute Canada From Nigeria - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / enroute Canada From Nigeria (1460 Views)

As Seen On Kakande Road Enroute Ajah This Morning / Ghana Bans Flights From Nigeria, 2 Other Countries Over Ebola / Is A Transit Visa Needed Enroute Usa To Canada: ? Pls Help Dear Nairalanders (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

enroute Canada From Nigeria by Nobody: 7:20am On Feb 16, 2013
I know travelling 2 Canada with my US pee will b pretty easy frm USA , but I don't know how possible it will b traveling frm Nigeria 2 canada with my pee? If yes how?
Re: enroute Canada From Nigeria by ifegy: 7:54pm On Feb 17, 2013
ighoosagie: I need help pals, i am a permanent resident of d united state, I know travelling 2 Canada with my green card will b pretty easy frm USA , but I don't know how possible it will b traveling frm Nigeria 2 canada with my green card? If yes how?

From the Canadian government official immigration website:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/visas.asp#exemptions

•United States citizens and permanent residents: You do not need a visa to visit or transit in Canada if you are a United States citizen or a person lawfully admitted to the United States for permanent residence who is in possession of their alien registration card (Green card) or can provide other evidence of permanent residence.

Also note the following advice from the Canadian Border Services Agency for US citizens and permanent residents:
http://www.cbsa.gc.ca/travel-voyage/ifvc-rpvc-eng.html#a1

Identification for U. S. citizens and permanent residents
If you are a U.S. citizen, ensure you carry proof of citizenship such as a passport, birth certificate, a certificate of citizenship or naturalization, a U.S. Permanent Resident Card, or a Certificate of Indian Status along with photo identification.

For all modes of entry, we recommend you carry a valid passport for all travel abroad, including visits to Canada from the United States. A passport may be required by your airline or alternative transportation authority, as it is the only universally-accepted identification document.

Citizens and permanent residents of the United States who are members of the NEXUS or FAST programs may present their membership cards to the CBSA as proof of identity and as documents that denote citizenship, when arriving by land or marine modes only.

All visitors arriving from or transiting through the United States are encouraged to visit www.cbp.gov for information concerning the U.S. Western Hemisphere Travel Initiative, and the requirements to enter or return to the United States.
Re: enroute Canada From Nigeria by Nobody: 10:38pm On Feb 17, 2013
I mean from mutala muhammed airport. Ve been there through buffalo before.
Re: enroute Canada From Nigeria by Hotstepper(f): 1:58pm On Feb 18, 2013
It should. If you can enter Canada with it from da US then you can from Nigeria, afterall, people use their Green Card to travel from Naija to US. If in doubt, you can always consult both countries embassy

1 Like

Re: enroute Canada From Nigeria by Nobody: 7:53pm On Feb 18, 2013
Thanks

(1) (Reply)

Anyone With Information About Studying In Bulgaria? / (Pictured) Nigerians Less Than 40 Banned From Entering The UAE? / Domino Pizza Festac

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.