Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,933 members, 7,817,724 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:59 PM

Memorable Moments At BankyW’s Concert - Events - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Memorable Moments At BankyW’s Concert (12239 Views)

Best Moments At The Oscars / Photos From Bankyw’s R&BW - The Grand Love Project Concert / Pictures From The Lagos Countdown Concert 2012 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Memorable Moments At BankyW’s Concert by segunsd: 11:47am On Feb 16, 2013
It’s a normal thing to attend an event in Nigeria that doesn’t start on time and then like the one million shows you’ve attended, it follows the same cycle, artistes come on stage and gesticulate along with their tracks being played behind the screaming sound systems. Maybe you may get a sip or two from drinks being tossed around and then you sit waiting for what’s next. Of course, what preceded this was that the shows must have started later than usual. You know we still have a relapse from the African-time syndrome no matter how hard we try. Anyways the show came and went and i’ll tell you my 10 most memorable moments about the show that ended not-too-long ago.

A minute of silence for Goldie: A moment of silence was observed in respect of the late singer and entertainer. Banky W expressed how much her admired her because she just lived without caring about negative comments.

Don Jazzy dressed like a Bishop: When Don Baba Jay sauntered in, dressed in a white gown like that observed on the clerics, I had thought it was someone else who had come to bless the show. Don Jazzy also wielded a cross on his neck showing that he had come to purify the bustling Civic Centre where the event was held. Although he didn’t come on stage at any point in time, his presence was felt.

Banky W kisses a fan on stage: That night Bankole was demonstrating some skills that are rated eighteen on stage. He picks a fan off the audience and she was a sizable person for the stage. Very noticeable. He makes a daring performance with her before ending it with a kiss on stage. She carts away with a bottle of Moet courtesy of Hennessy, a Samsung Grand Duos Phone worth N65,000, perfume and some other stuff.

Blacky blew the roof: I felt so young again (not like i’m so old) as Blacky rocked the stage with his “Can I have a dance Rosie ahhn… You dunno what to do Rosie ahan ahn…” and then everyone was singing along. It was fun as he ran from one song to another. Looking forward to an old school concert.

Banky W weds Niyola: Don’t be offended, I saw this with my own eyes. Banky W dressed like the groom and Niyola was all dressed up like a bride. The bishop that pronounced them man and wife was err… Freeze. Well, before you hug transformer, it was just a make-belief, a performance for Banky’s W’s song featuring Niyola (Be my lover)

Iyanya rocks the stage with Sexual Healing: When the Kukere Master came on stage, everyone expected him to start begging for people’s waists or maybe start rocking the Etighi dance. Well, Iyanya went R&B-ish and gave classical renditions of songs like sexual healing. Then he capped it with a brief performance of Kukere.

Two people win Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos: You won’t understand what it means to win that phone. The phone is beautiful. Dual sim. Large screen. Has a multi-tasking screen that helps you to do many things at once on your phablet (phone tablet). Also has the retina sensor that keeps the phone lighted up when you are looking at it. What else, it was made to suit Nigerians style. Anyways, two lucky peeps answered some cheap questions and they left with one each. The phone is worth 65 grand.

Waje and Banky W’s rendition: Trust Waje to raise goosebumps on your skin as she combines her powerful voice with Banky’s in a stellar performance of “Thief my Kele”. Waje is very good. That’s all I can say.

Seyi Law famzing with the MD of Samsung: Well for what itt may be worth, Seyi Law was famzing with the MD of Samsung. He took different postures with the man like he was being advised. In case you see those pictures in circulation, all na set up. Seyi said he was hoping he could be considered for Samsung ambassadorship. Well, you could read the desire even in his humour.

Wizkid leaves before the show ends: I was wondering why Wizkid didn’t turn up for his ex-boss’s event till I saw him exiting towards the concluding part of the show. He left silently with a fair chic. I wondered why he wasn’t called on stage or wasn’t acknowledged or asked to perform. The show had a lot of performers such as Chidinma, Praiz, Lynxxx (with Banky W), Iyanya, Niyola (with Banky W), Bez, Waje, Sound Sultan and Black Magic. Wizkid didn’t perform but attended and I think that was laudable on his part (no matter the controversies surrounding both of them).

In conclusion, it was a great show. Banky W performed with a live band all through except once, which was the performance with Niyola. It was not the regular event. It had a churchy theme about it so everyone was talking about ministers and bibles and sermons and sisters. Did I fail to mention anything else. What did you like about the show if you attended it?

http://www.360nobs.com/2013/02/koyes-musings-10-memorable-moments-at-banky-ws-rbw-grand-love-concert/
Re: Memorable Moments At BankyW’s Concert by Akpaife(m): 5:46pm On Feb 16, 2013
--
Re: Memorable Moments At BankyW’s Concert by loco2no(m): 5:48pm On Feb 16, 2013
Bleep THIS SHIT!!!! 2nd
Re: Memorable Moments At BankyW’s Concert by Akpaife(m): 5:49pm On Feb 16, 2013
[quote author=Akpa ife]1st 2 comment enjoying am dancing yori yori
Re: Memorable Moments At BankyW’s Concert by 50calibre(m): 5:50pm On Feb 16, 2013
Kissing a fan on stage? That's a height of indiscipline and lack of professionalism.
Re: Memorable Moments At BankyW’s Concert by Rick9(m): 5:53pm On Feb 16, 2013
Ah Nice Shows ... but read my signature

7 Likes

Re: Memorable Moments At BankyW’s Concert by ad84ada(m): 5:54pm On Feb 16, 2013
Good one.
Re: Memorable Moments At BankyW’s Concert by sucreblazing(m): 5:55pm On Feb 16, 2013
We don hear .....
Re: Memorable Moments At BankyW’s Concert by NaLaugh: 5:57pm On Feb 16, 2013
You forgot the part when Akpors jumped on stage carrying a midget, and then.. augghh FORGET IT!

2 Likes

Re: Memorable Moments At BankyW’s Concert by Nobody: 5:58pm On Feb 16, 2013
AND YOU WITNESSED ALL THAT WITH NO PICTURES AS PROOF? cool

9 Likes

Re: Memorable Moments At BankyW’s Concert by yungdamaz(m): 6:00pm On Feb 16, 2013
10th
Re: Memorable Moments At BankyW’s Concert by Lathunjimi(m): 6:00pm On Feb 16, 2013
A spring that forgets its source eventually dries up.... WIZKID
Re: Memorable Moments At BankyW’s Concert by uzeba(m): 6:00pm On Feb 16, 2013
#booked#

space for sale!

1 Like

Re: Memorable Moments At BankyW’s Concert by Ejine(m): 6:01pm On Feb 16, 2013
50calibre: Kissing a fan on stage? That's a height of indiscipline and lack of professionalism.

grin You've probably never heard of Madonna, who, during one of her concerts, straddled a fan's head and was grinding her crotch right on his face and mouth, wearing no panties!
Re: Memorable Moments At BankyW’s Concert by 190: 6:03pm On Feb 16, 2013
grin grin
Re: Memorable Moments At BankyW’s Concert by valicious1(m): 6:04pm On Feb 16, 2013
Op u sure say go d show abi na pesin wey sabi pesin wey sabi pesin wey go de show rizen u dis tins
Re: Memorable Moments At BankyW’s Concert by vizboy(m): 6:06pm On Feb 16, 2013
embarassedcrying bitterly please pay me my mb and time for viewing these thread
Re: Memorable Moments At BankyW’s Concert by abifoluwa: 6:07pm On Feb 16, 2013
Dem don forget witch kid be that? Lmao angry grin
Re: Memorable Moments At BankyW’s Concert by rozayx5(m): 6:08pm On Feb 16, 2013

SO
Re: Memorable Moments At BankyW’s Concert by tjskii(f): 6:08pm On Feb 16, 2013
Ejiné:

grin You've probably never heard of Madonna, who, during one of her concerts, straddled a fan's head and was grinding her crotch right on his face and mouth, wearing no panties!

Eeeewww madonna did that?that is so disgusting bleurgghhh undecided
Re: Memorable Moments At BankyW’s Concert by ebamma(m): 6:13pm On Feb 16, 2013
Brand_new: AND YOU WITNESSED ALL THAT WITH NO PICTURES AS PROOF? cool
i know say your name na thomas even if na picture u go say na photoshop
Re: Memorable Moments At BankyW’s Concert by Codedrock(m): 6:14pm On Feb 16, 2013
So?
Re: Memorable Moments At BankyW’s Concert by AnitaMandy: 6:17pm On Feb 16, 2013
Brand_new: AND YOU WITNESSED ALL THAT WITH NO PICTURES AS PROOF? cool
My dear d tire me oh. When I saw Memorable moments what came to my mind was pictures.
Re: Memorable Moments At BankyW’s Concert by Nobody: 6:17pm On Feb 16, 2013
Is this a copy paste,or first hand experience? Where's the proof,or na nokia torch lite you carry go there.

Just asking.
Re: Memorable Moments At BankyW’s Concert by Johnnoah1st: 6:17pm On Feb 16, 2013
so i b 23rd to comment? shai!! e no easy ooo, but y always me? or am i baloteli? but betwen i still have to dance kukere 4 atleast being 23rd to comment.
Re: Memorable Moments At BankyW’s Concert by Forzap: 6:25pm On Feb 16, 2013
Lathunjimi: A spring that forgets its source eventually dries up.... WIZKID

na bad belle dey worry u
Re: Memorable Moments At BankyW’s Concert by Dreyl(m): 6:26pm On Feb 16, 2013
GOOD
Re: Memorable Moments At BankyW’s Concert by Nobody: 6:31pm On Feb 16, 2013
Wey the pics? Thats what i was expecting to see
Re: Memorable Moments At BankyW’s Concert by webcityng: 6:44pm On Feb 16, 2013
This post has been hidden
Re: Memorable Moments At BankyW’s Concert by JideTheBlogger(m): 6:55pm On Feb 16, 2013
No pics, no video.... Nna ehnn..

(1) (2) (Reply)

Happy Birthday Spikedcylinder! / Flowers For My Wife in Lagos? / Happy Birth-day Iice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.