Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,588 members, 7,955,167 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 06:37 PM

All Typing In CAPS... Help!!! - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / All Typing In CAPS... Help!!! (652 Views)

Ghost Typing Keyboard - Funny Notepad Tricks / Ghost Typing Keyboard Notepad Tricks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

All Typing In CAPS... Help!!! by olempe(m): 4:15pm On Feb 17, 2013
I noticed since yesterday that all my typing, be it on the web or MS-word, everything is in CAPS. Seems my caps lock key is no longer functioning because it no longer display the indication of when caps lock is on. I have to hold down my SHIFT key in order to type this and it's tasking.

Nairaland gurus what could be wrong, pls help.
Re: All Typing In CAPS... Help!!! by tirtimy: 11:43pm On Feb 17, 2013
Is it on a Laptop or Desktop Computer.
Is the CAPSLOCK button not functioning.
Re: All Typing In CAPS... Help!!! by tirtimy: 11:54pm On Feb 17, 2013
I understand that you found some suggestions about registry edition - they are not so bad. If you don't want to download any files which allow you to disable CAPS LOCK, you can create it by your own:
Press WinKey+R > type notepad and press Enter
Paste to the notepad this:
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Keyboard Layout]
"Scancode Map"=hex:00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,02,00,00,00,00,00,3a,00,00,00,00,00
File > Save As...
Select for Save as type: All Files
Enter in the File name field: disable_caps_lock.reg
Click Save
Right click on the created file > Merge
Restart your system

In the case that you want to enable CAPS LOCK again, you need to delete that registry entry, so you need follow these steps:
Press WinKey+R > type regedit and press Enter
Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Keyboard Layout
Right click on the Scancode Map > Delete
Restart your system

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-desktop/disable-caps-lock-key/8083d4ee-721d-463f-aeda-630cd7f047c3
Re: All Typing In CAPS... Help!!! by tirtimy: 12:02am On Feb 18, 2013
Check the website below it contains more information and if you encounter any other problem, reach out. Its a Microsoft website. If you are using another operating system, please specify.

The registry Editor is a very important, please do not play around, just follow the instructions.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-desktop/disable-caps-lock-key/8083d4ee-721d-463f-aeda-630cd7f047c3

1 Like

Re: All Typing In CAPS... Help!!! by olempe(m): 6:39am On Feb 18, 2013
tirtimy: Is it on a Laptop or Desktop Computer.
Is the CAPSLOCK button not functioning.

It's a Laptop bro.
Re: All Typing In CAPS... Help!!! by olempe(m): 6:41am On Feb 18, 2013
tirtimy: Check the website below it contains more information and if you encounter any other problem, reach out. Its a Microsoft website. If you are using another operating system, please specify.

The registry Editor is a very important, please do not play around, just follow the instructions.

I will surely check the site out in the afternoon. Thank you for being there.

Will let y'all know ♓☺w it goes, God bless you.
Re: All Typing In CAPS... Help!!! by tirtimy: 8:08pm On Feb 18, 2013
olempe:

I will surely check the site out in the afternoon. Thank you for being there.

Will let y'all know ♓☺w it goes, God bless you.
Amen. Hope to hear from you.
Re: All Typing In CAPS... Help!!! by olempe(m): 12:26pm On Feb 23, 2013
It worked like Magic. Guys, I deeply appreciate you all, Ŧђɑ̤̥̈̊п̥̥̲̣̣̣kƨ̣̣̣̇̇̇̇ a million.
Re: All Typing In CAPS... Help!!! by tirtimy: 7:49pm On Feb 23, 2013
olempe: It worked like Magic. Guys, I deeply appreciate you all, Ŧђɑ̤̥̈̊п̥̥̲̣̣̣kƨ̣̣̣̇̇̇̇ a million.
I am happy it worked out, congrats.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Is Glo Connecting On Your Pc? / Help On Windows 8 OS On Laptop / How To Detect Spyware Online

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.