Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,158 members, 7,818,515 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:46 PM

Should A Muslim Help An Atheist In This Situation? - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Should A Muslim Help An Atheist In This Situation? (951 Views)

An Atheist's Letter To Nigerian Muslims (El Rufai's Tweet Didnt Result In Riots) / An Atheist's Attempt to Classify Muslim Women! / How To Prove To A Christian That Jesus Was A Muslim? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should A Muslim Help An Atheist In This Situation? by MacDaddy01: 4:28pm On Feb 18, 2013
So, many muslims here know that I'm an atheist here. I am going to tell you guys what happened to a friend recently. My friends name is James.

So, my friend was starting a personal blog but he wanted it to look professional because he is kind of popular. He needed a website designer to design his blog. James found a designer who has a great reputation and has designed many popular websites. The designer is a muslim. James paid the designer and the designer started to work on the blog. Now, James is an atheist and he somethings writes thing about criticising religion and god. Unfortuantely, the designer has to ask James for some of his written material because he needs to show james how to upload stuff on the blog and how his blog with look like.

James noticed that the designer stopped giving him regular updates on the website and started delaying progress reports. What happened was that the muslim designer was confused and angry that he was helping an atheist to set up a blog criticizing/mocking God to a point of blasphemy (sometimes christianity and sometimes islam). James learnt this from the junior partner of the muslims designer who had to confess because he didnt like the way the client was complaining about the delays.

Long story short, the blog was designed well and James is blogging away. But was the muslim right? Should he have designed the blog or refunded the money to the atheist blogger?

This is a situation that many muslims in website design can face............
Re: Should A Muslim Help An Atheist In This Situation? by LagosShia: 6:11pm On Feb 18, 2013
the muslim designer should have refund the money and stopped working for the atheist. im giving this based on a ruling of Ayatollah Sistani on christmas.he said if celebrating (like christmas tree and santa claus,not just wishing christians) would promote the beliefs or religion of others,it is forbidden.so drawing conclusion from that reasoning,it is forbidden for a muslim to promote what contradicts Islam or is against God.

if its an answer from a muslim perspective you're looking for,youve got one.by that i mean,i hope youre not as usual seeking attention,to go on and argue the answer to your question.
Re: Should A Muslim Help An Atheist In This Situation? by MacDaddy01: 6:45pm On Feb 18, 2013
LagosShia: the muslim designer should have refund the money and stopped working for the atheist. im giving this based on a ruling of Ayatollah Sistani on christmas.he said if celebrating (like christmas tree and santa claus,not just wishing christians) would promote the beliefs or religion of others,it is forbidden.so drawing conclusion from that reasoning,it is forbidden for a muslim to promote what contradicts Islam or is against God.

if its an answer from a muslim perspective you're looking for,youve got one.by that i mean,i hope youre not as usual seeking attention,to go on and argue the answer to your question.

I am just curious.

The problem for the muslim designer was that he started working on the website before he knew about the atheism of James. I think he was "forced" to finish the project.

Hope the guy didnt sin by completing the website sha!
Re: Should A Muslim Help An Atheist In This Situation? by deols(f): 7:45pm On Feb 18, 2013
macdaddy. I had to laugh!

you can lie mehn.

later, he was 'forced' to finish d job.

not so smart of you. I like you nevertheless.

well, LagosShia gave the right answer alraeady.
Re: Should A Muslim Help An Atheist In This Situation? by MacDaddy01: 7:58pm On Feb 18, 2013
deols: macdaddy. I had to laugh!

you can lie mehn.

later, he was 'forced' to finish d job.

not so smart of you. I like you nevertheless.

well, LagosShia gave the right answer alraeady.

If you have nothing to add or say,, why not keep quiet?

"forced" was put in quotation marks for a reason. The designer had already started and it would have been a waste of time/effort to stop at such a stage. That was what "forced" meant.

1 Like

Re: Should A Muslim Help An Atheist In This Situation? by deols(f): 8:32pm On Feb 18, 2013
MacDaddy01:

If you have nothing to add or say,, why not keep quiet?

"forced" was put in quotation marks for a reason. The designer had already started and it would have been a waste of time/effort to stop at such a stage. That was what "forced" meant.

You mean that happened for real and not that it is a fable?
Re: Should A Muslim Help An Atheist In This Situation? by Nobody: 8:50pm On Feb 18, 2013
LagosShia: the muslim designer should have refund the money and stopped working for the atheist. [s]im giving this based on a ruling of Ayatollah Sistani on christmas.he said if celebrating (like christmas tree and santa claus,not just wishing christians) would promote the beliefs or religion of others,it is forbidden.so drawing conclusion from that reasoning,it is forbidden for a muslim to promote what contradicts Islam or is against God.[/s]

Basically this.
A Muslim isn't supposed to do anything to promote disbelief. Designing such a site is one of such things.
Re: Should A Muslim Help An Atheist In This Situation? by MacDaddy01: 9:01pm On Feb 18, 2013
fellis:

Basically this.
A Muslim isn't supposed to do anything to promote disbelief. Designing such a site is one of such things.

Okay.

Since you're in IT or a related field, maybe you can spread this message to your colleagues. I found it quite interesting.

However, now I have to selectively avoid muslims if I am looking for someone to design an atheist website or merchandise.
Re: Should A Muslim Help An Atheist In This Situation? by Nobody: 9:07pm On Feb 18, 2013
MacDaddy01:

However, now I have to selectively avoid muslims if I am looking for someone to design an atheist website or merchandise.

Yes, do that.
Re: Should A Muslim Help An Atheist In This Situation? by MacDaddy01: 9:16pm On Feb 18, 2013
fellis:

Yes, do that.

Wow. Yes madam smiley

Goodluck to you guyz sha. Given the numbers of atheists growing in the west, might be a significant loss of market to muslim designers. smiley
Re: Should A Muslim Help An Atheist In This Situation? by Nobody: 9:21pm On Feb 18, 2013
MacDaddy01:

Wow. Yes madam smiley
Goodluck to you guyz sha. Given the numbers of atheists growing in the west, might be a significant loss of market to muslim designers. smiley

Allah always provides better alternatives to those that choose to avoid sin so don't worry, the Muslims are not loosing anything.
Re: Should A Muslim Help An Atheist In This Situation? by MacDaddy01: 9:26pm On Feb 18, 2013
fellis:

Allah always provides better alternatives to those that choose to avoid sin so don't worry, the Muslims are not loosing anything.

That's nice to hear that you guyz are recession proof smiley
Re: Should A Muslim Help An Atheist In This Situation? by Nobody: 9:28pm On Feb 18, 2013
MacDaddy01:
That's nice to hear that you guyz are recession proof smiley

Insha Allah, we are grin
Re: Should A Muslim Help An Atheist In This Situation? by MacDaddy01: 12:04pm On Feb 19, 2013
fellis:

Insha Allah, we are grin

smiley
Re: Should A Muslim Help An Atheist In This Situation? by MacDaddy01: 3:07pm On Feb 20, 2013
Unfortunately for LagosShia and Fellis,

If Seun (the owner of this site) were an atheist transferred to the north of Nigeria who went to a muslim designer to help him create a site called Naraland where atheists can open threads and bash religion in the religion section, the designer would have said no..........no Nairaland

Food for thought
Re: Should A Muslim Help An Atheist In This Situation? by deols(f): 3:40pm On Feb 20, 2013
pfeew.

I can say wallahi that I knew this is where d whole story was going. But I dislike swearing undecided
Re: Should A Muslim Help An Atheist In This Situation? by Nobody: 4:00pm On Feb 20, 2013
deols: pfeew.
I can say wallahi that I knew this is where d whole story was going. But I dislike swearing undecided
Is that true Macdaddy01? Was that your plan all along?
Re: Should A Muslim Help An Atheist In This Situation? by tbaba1234: 4:09pm On Feb 20, 2013
You guys should know that this guy is an attention seeker by now.....
Re: Should A Muslim Help An Atheist In This Situation? by Nobody: 4:13pm On Feb 20, 2013
tbaba1234: You guys should know that this guy is an attention seeker by now.....
grin
Re: Should A Muslim Help An Atheist In This Situation? by MacDaddy01: 6:30pm On Feb 20, 2013
See them.

Did I argue with Fellis or Lagoshia? I told a true story that happened to my friend and asked for the islamic ruling on the situation.

2 days later, after replying Seun's comment, I asked myself what if the same situation with Jame's designer in the op happened to Seun? I posted what I thought 2 days later after making the thread originally.

=================================

Now Tbaba and Deols come to accuse me of having some agenda.

=====================================

I wont argue. I have stopped that on the islam section. Tbaba and Deols, keep up the paranoia and fear of questions.
Re: Should A Muslim Help An Atheist In This Situation? by tbaba1234: 6:41pm On Feb 20, 2013
"A reputation once broken may possibly be repaired, but the world will always keep their eyes on the spot where the crack was. "- Joseph Hall

Our conclusions are based on your reputation/history....
Re: Should A Muslim Help An Atheist In This Situation? by MacDaddy01: 7:10pm On Feb 20, 2013
tbaba1234: "A reputation once broken may possibly be repaired, but the world will always keep their eyes on the spot where the crack was. "- Joseph Hall

Our conclusions are based on your reputation/history....

The person that you quoted, was he a muslim?

Does islam teach you to look at the facts or judge by your subjective beliefs about someones reputation?
Re: Should A Muslim Help An Atheist In This Situation? by deols(f): 7:06am On Feb 21, 2013
There are many reasons to doubt an atheist.

They have no guiding principles, no strict values. Life is all about what they subjectively think is right or wrong.
Re: Should A Muslim Help An Atheist In This Situation? by beejaay: 10:21am On Feb 21, 2013
LagosShia: the muslim designer should have refund the money and stopped working for the atheist. im giving this based on a ruling of Ayatollah Sistani on christmas.he said if celebrating (like christmas tree and santa claus,not just wishing christians) would promote the beliefs or religion of others,it is forbidden.so drawing conclusion from that reasoning,it is forbidden for a muslim to promote what contradicts Islam or is against God.

and who is Ayatollah Sistani to restrict what we all do. this answer is your own perspective not the collective muslims.

@op the best thing to do from my own point is to help the atheist in whatever ways he wanted and then go on to expose its ignorance if there is actually any.
Re: Should A Muslim Help An Atheist In This Situation? by beejaay: 10:26am On Feb 21, 2013
MacDaddy01:

I am just curious.

The problem for the muslim designer was that he started working on the website before he knew about the atheism of James. I think he was "forced" to finish the project.

Hope the guy didnt sin by completing the website sha!
there is nothing like sin in this instance. the only sin is for the muslim not to know his religion wella ( God says know me well before you worship me, if you dont know me, how then can you wosrhip me). its actually an opportunity for him to expose james ignorance by contributing to the blog islamically
Re: Should A Muslim Help An Atheist In This Situation? by beejaay: 10:27am On Feb 21, 2013
deols: There are many reasons to doubt an atheist.

They have no guiding principles, no strict values. Life is all about what they subjectively think is right or wrong.
and there are also so many reason to doubt the muslim (one is his ignorance about what he professes)
Re: Should A Muslim Help An Atheist In This Situation? by MacDaddy01: 10:53am On Feb 21, 2013
deols: There are many reasons to doubt an atheist.

You might want to be more tolerant of atheists. You even have an atheist boss here on Nairaland.

I am not going to argue with you since you have a lot to learn about atheists. Feel free to ask questions
Re: Should A Muslim Help An Atheist In This Situation? by MacDaddy01: 10:56am On Feb 21, 2013
beejaay:
there is nothing like sin in this instance. the only sin is for the muslim not to know his religion wella ( God says know me well before you worship me, if you dont know me, how then can you wosrhip me). its actually an opportunity for him to expose james ignorance by contributing to the blog islamically

Sensible answer!

Cheers
Re: Should A Muslim Help An Atheist In This Situation? by deols(f): 12:10pm On Feb 21, 2013
beejaay:
and there are also so many reason to doubt the muslim (one is his ignorance about what he professes)

are you for real? do you have an understanding of what it is you wrote?

Are you a Muslim?
Re: Should A Muslim Help An Atheist In This Situation? by Nobody: 3:02pm On Feb 21, 2013
deols:

are you for real? do you have an understanding of what it is you wrote?

Are you a Muslim?
beejaay is an atheist.
Re: Should A Muslim Help An Atheist In This Situation? by deols(f): 3:42pm On Feb 21, 2013
fellis:
beejaay is an atheist.

no wonder.
Re: Should A Muslim Help An Atheist In This Situation? by MacDaddy01: 4:50pm On Feb 21, 2013

(1) (Reply)

What Do U Think,of An Imam That Denounce Is Faith In Islam because Of Dis Fact? / Du'a - Supplication Or Prayer / Is Reading The Qu'ran Following The Recitation From An Audio Permissible?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.