Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,740 members, 7,817,044 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:39 AM

10 Amazing Facts About Human Body - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 10 Amazing Facts About Human Body (20576 Views)

25 Amazing Facts About Teeth / 40 Amazing Facts About The Human Body / Coca Cola. How Much Harm Can You Do The Human Body? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Amazing Facts About Human Body by SPIFF(m): 5:58am On Feb 19, 2013
10: Every atom of our body is said to be billions of years old and our body is 70 percent water.

9: By the age of 18, the human brains stop growing. It even begins to lose more than 1,000 brain cells after such age. Your brain comprises only 2 percent of your body weight but uses up to 20 percent of your body’s energy. Your brain never takes a break even when you are sleeping; the brain is busy working to replenish the brain processes needed to function normally while awake.

8: An average human produces 10,000 gallons of saliva in a lifetime.

7: It is impossible to sneeze without blinking your eyes. The highest recorded speed of a human sneeze is 165 kilometer per hour.

6: The human body sheds about 40 pounds of skin in a lifetime. Our skin produces antibacterial chemicals to keep germs at a bay. It also produces antimicrobial peptides that protect the body from infection.

5: You can’t swallow and breathe at the same time; however babies can do this but until they are about nine months.

4: Yawning helps you cool your brain. It is an involuntary behavior. When you yawn, the influx of cool air may ventilate your sinuses and facilitate brain cooling.

3: Your heart is said to beat nearly 3 billion times if you live an average life span of seventy years.

2: Your lungs need a lot of breathing room. The total surface area of the lungs is approximately equal to the size of a tennis court.

1: Each person has a unique tongue print just like the fingerprints.

http://factsnmyths.com/facts-about-human-body

20 Likes

Re: 10 Amazing Facts About Human Body by JayKayMaybachz(m): 6:58am On Feb 19, 2013
NICE ARTICLE AND I SO LOVE IT ... TANX OP
Re: 10 Amazing Facts About Human Body by momodub: 9:47am On Feb 19, 2013
good 1
Re: 10 Amazing Facts About Human Body by Nobody: 9:49am On Feb 19, 2013
@no 4, no wonder my friend yawns alot...or is it that he doesn't get enough sleep?undecided
Re: 10 Amazing Facts About Human Body by Nobody: 9:51am On Feb 19, 2013
10: Every atom of our body is said to be billions of years old and our body is 70 percent water.

Isnt it ironic, that our atoms have been in existence before our birth, what does this teach those who disbelieve reincarnation and solar existence.
Re: 10 Amazing Facts About Human Body by Activcupid: 9:52am On Feb 19, 2013
SPIFF: 10: Every atom of our body is said to be billions of years old and our body is 70 percent water.

9: By the age of 18, the human brains stop growing. It even begins to lose more than 1,000 brain cells after such age. Your brain comprises only 2 percent of your body weight but uses up to 20 percent of your body’s energy. Your brain never takes a break even when you are sleeping; the brain is busy working to replenish the brain processes needed to function normally while awake.

7: It is impossible to sneeze without blinking your eyes. The highest recorded speed of a human sneeze is 165 kilometer per hour.

6: The human body sheds about 40 pounds of skin in a lifetime. Our skin produces antibacterial chemicals to keep germs at a bay. It also produces antimicrobial peptides that protect the body from infection.

5: You can’t swallow and breathe at the same time; however babies can do this but until they are about nine months.

4: Yawning helps you cool your brain. It is an involuntary behavior. When you yawn, the influx of cool air may ventilate your sinuses and facilitate brain cooling.

3: Your heart is said to beat nearly 3 billion times if you live an average life span of seventy years.

2: Your lungs need a lot of breathing room. The total surface area of the lungs is approximately equal to the size of a tennis court.

fascinating
Re: 10 Amazing Facts About Human Body by Morgan1092(m): 9:52am On Feb 19, 2013
Ok. <Conducting Freeline Test>
Re: 10 Amazing Facts About Human Body by pyyxxaro: 9:53am On Feb 19, 2013
WAIT ? AFTER WASHING ALL THESE DIRTY PLATES I WOULD COMMENT grin tongue undecided
Re: 10 Amazing Facts About Human Body by Kaxmytex(m): 9:54am On Feb 19, 2013
Nice 1

1 Like

Re: 10 Amazing Facts About Human Body by Morgan1092(m): 9:54am On Feb 19, 2013
Activcupid: fascinating
Quoting d whole thread jst 2 say 'fascinatin'. Smh

7 Likes

Re: 10 Amazing Facts About Human Body by iamswizz(m): 9:54am On Feb 19, 2013
SPIFF: 10: Every atom of our body is said to be billions of years old and our body is 70 percent water.

ok
Re: 10 Amazing Facts About Human Body by toluleke(m): 9:55am On Feb 19, 2013
God is GREAT

1 Like

Re: 10 Amazing Facts About Human Body by Nobody: 9:55am On Feb 19, 2013
Billyonaire:

Isnt it ironic, that our atoms have been in existence before our birth, what does this teach those who disbelieve reincarnation and solar existence.
I was about pointing that out...it baffles me

1 Like

Re: 10 Amazing Facts About Human Body by bigt2(m): 9:56am On Feb 19, 2013
I love that YAWNING PART. Sounds like cooling fan shocked
Re: 10 Amazing Facts About Human Body by ABsI1: 9:56am On Feb 19, 2013
D longer u live d longer ur rod grows and wider d hole becomes as well- fact
Re: 10 Amazing Facts About Human Body by Nobody: 9:56am On Feb 19, 2013
good points
Re: 10 Amazing Facts About Human Body by Gabrielsylar(m): 9:57am On Feb 19, 2013
Sneezing and blinking is just common sense....NOT amazing fact
Re: 10 Amazing Facts About Human Body by Nobody: 9:58am On Feb 19, 2013
binger: I was about pointing that out...it baffles me
My brother, little by little, the entire puzzle is opening up and we need to start questioning while our very atoms pre-date our lifetime. It only means that our atoms have been in existence before mama born us, there is more to these atoms, we need to research more.

1 Like

Re: 10 Amazing Facts About Human Body by 80million1: 10:00am On Feb 19, 2013
WAOH, They are really amazing. All i can say is
*speechless*
Re: 10 Amazing Facts About Human Body by toluleke(m): 10:00am On Feb 19, 2013
iamswizz: ok
u quoted d whole tin just to write OK,neva knew fools stil exist then the world is hopeless

4 Likes

Re: 10 Amazing Facts About Human Body by Nobody: 10:03am On Feb 19, 2013
toluleke: u quoted d whole tin just to write OK,neva knew fools stil exist then the world is hopeless
Its an indication that the modes dont do their jobs well. Someone need to start banning foolishness on this now popular forum.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Amazing Facts About Human Body by Afam4eva(m): 10:05am On Feb 19, 2013
Whenever i'm swallowing eba, i feel like i'm going to suffocate myself. is there an explanation for that? I think my lungs or wherever the eba passes is too narrow. I think Jonathan should ban eba and yam. They're dangerous to humans. Especially yam. What kind of food requires life support(water) before it can be eaten.

3 Likes

Re: 10 Amazing Facts About Human Body by Adufaye(m): 10:05am On Feb 19, 2013
na 2 dy yawn evry minute oh,2 cool dat brain.
Re: 10 Amazing Facts About Human Body by greatgod2012(f): 10:05am On Feb 19, 2013
Its that tongue that really touch me, no wonder we use our tongues differently.
Some use their tongue to encourage.
Some use theirs to discourage.
Some use theirs to edify.
Some use theirs to pull pple down.
Some use theirs to bless.
Some use theirs to curse.
Some use theirs to criticise constructively.
Some use theirs to criticise destructively.
Some use theirs to gossip.
Some use theirs to correct.
Some use theirs to praise.
Some use theirs to condemn.
Some use theirs to magnify God.
Some use theirs to blaspheme against God.
Some use theirs to ressurect d hopefully dead people.
Some use theirs to kill the hopefully living pple.
As from now, on, i wont be surprised at how pple use their tongues again, since its now confirmed that no two tongues are d same.
May God help us all.

6 Likes

Re: 10 Amazing Facts About Human Body by folawuyo: 10:06am On Feb 19, 2013
nice one,no wonder wey i dy always yawn
Re: 10 Amazing Facts About Human Body by Nobody: 10:06am On Feb 19, 2013
Afam4eva: Whenever i'm swallowing eba, i feel like i'm going to suffocate myself. is there an explanation for that? I think my lungs or wherever the eba passes is too narrow. I think Jonathan should ban eba and yam. They're dangerous to humans. Especially yam. What kind of food requires life support(water) before it can be eaten.
Is this funny ?

2 Likes

Re: 10 Amazing Facts About Human Body by Afam4eva(m): 10:07am On Feb 19, 2013
Billyonaire: Is this funny ?
is this the jokes section?
Re: 10 Amazing Facts About Human Body by Nobody: 10:07am On Feb 19, 2013
greatgod2012: Its that tongue that really touch me, no wonder we use our tongues differently.
Some use their tongue to encourage.
Some use theirs to discourage.
Some use theirs to edify.
Some use theirs to pull pple down.
Some use theirs to bless.
Some use theirs to curse.
Some use theirs to criticise constructively.
Some use theirs to criticise destructively.
Some use theirs to gossip.
Some use theirs to correct.
Some use theirs to praise.
Some use theirs to condemn.
Some use theirs to magnify God.
Some use theirs to blaspheme against God.
Some use theirs to ressurect d hopefully dead people.
Some use theirs to kill the hopefully living pple.
As from now, on, i wont be surprised at how pple use their tongues again, since its now confirmed that no two tongues are d same.
May God help us all.

Sometimes I wonder if religion is now a cover for madness.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Amazing Facts About Human Body by Nobody: 10:08am On Feb 19, 2013
Afam4eva:
is this the jokes section?
No its not, so stop being an Ajax Bukana on this section.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Amazing Facts About Human Body by Fogman(m): 10:08am On Feb 19, 2013
Nice one
Re: 10 Amazing Facts About Human Body by Afam4eva(m): 10:09am On Feb 19, 2013
Billyonaire: No its not, so stop being an Ajax Bukana on this section.
What's that?
Re: 10 Amazing Facts About Human Body by condralbede(m): 10:10am On Feb 19, 2013
Morgan1092: Quoting d whole thread jst 2 say 'fascinatin'. Smh
And wat's wrong abt dat ITK?Anyway nice article,@ op tnx 4 d info.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

COVID-19 Update For October 6 2020 In Nigeria - (4,419 Tested) / Neolife's Tre-en-en Grain Concentrates In 60 And 120 Capsules / Coronavirus Testing: Lagos Creates 20 Centres, FCT Combs Residents’ Houses

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.