Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,798 members, 7,834,695 topics. Date: Monday, 20 May 2024 at 06:20 PM

Kobe Or Lebron -who's Going To Have The Better Legacy When It's All Said & Done? - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Kobe Or Lebron -who's Going To Have The Better Legacy When It's All Said & Done? (12195 Views)

Is Michael Jordan Words To Kobe Bryant Manifesting Already / If You Are Starting An NBA Team Who Would You Pick 1st Lebron, Kobe Or Durant / Pictures: Were Kobe Bryant And Lebron James Laughing At Nigerian Basketballers? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kobe Or Lebron -who's Going To Have The Better Legacy When It's All Said & Done? by chucky234(m): 5:01pm On Mar 02, 2013
A-40:

You people should stop telling fables!! Robert Horry was never a star!! My goodness you even added Rick Fox,Devean George and Derek Fisher in your list! Brian Shaw too! Una fit resurrect dead body I swear! Glen Rice only took part in one title winning season and he was the 3rd option! Played no defense and didn't fit in in Phil Jackson's system

Lebron benefited from playing in a weaker Eastern conference! Where teams with less than a .500 win percentage made the playoffs! If he was out West he wouldn't make the playoffs for his first 4 seasons at least
I am sure you have problem to comprehends written text, what can you say about Shaq and Karl Malone?
Lebron had just one average over hyped player called Wade.
Re: Kobe Or Lebron -who's Going To Have The Better Legacy When It's All Said & Done? by ELgordo(m): 5:32pm On Mar 02, 2013
King Lebron James . . . No Question
Re: Kobe Or Lebron -who's Going To Have The Better Legacy When It's All Said & Done? by Donmichaelz(m): 6:53pm On Mar 02, 2013
allthepompey: Of course lebron lebron is the most complete player in the history of the nba and he plays virtually all positions with ease because he has only one ring is like saying because henry never won world footballer of the year he's not one of the greatest players in history. His size makes all what he does incredible and leave jordan he's just jealous
is Only C.Ronaldo dat is the most complete player. smiley
Re: Kobe Or Lebron -who's Going To Have The Better Legacy When It's All Said & Done? by Roland17(m): 7:02pm On Mar 02, 2013
الملكي فوق الله: If you are Nigerian, and you Misspell Hakeem Olajuwon's Name.....You should receive a 10 day ban off that alone...

And the fact that you can actually have the audacity to say...

LeBron could not have been great in the 1990s...because of the Legendary Immortal "Defenders" Like Charles Barkley and Clyde Drexler......

This guy needs his Nairaland Account Banned. Just for uttering such insolence

Shame on you Rolan17

Grow up dude and stop all these megedefegede yarns, whose fault is it that you have construed my opinion, u are not under any obligation to agree either ways.

Agreed both played different positions, but both were dominant shooting the ball and also defending the ball.

There is no way LBJ would have been this dominant during the era's of big men, the same LBJ that had a ball rejected by Kobe in the all star games? the same LBJ who carefully chooses opponents to defend and still claim to guard all positions on court?

Agreed he is the most athletic player to have ever emerged in the NBA.

How many PF/C are left in the today's game? can we say LBJ is clutch? compared to Kobe, "THE TRUTH", J.Johnson, Durant, Melo, CP3?

The same LBJ whose Free throw dependability is at par or at best slightly more superior to that of D.A Jordan, D. Howard,R. Evans or even A. Iguodala

its not about hating and ranting, 5 beats 1 any angle you look at it.
Re: Kobe Or Lebron -who's Going To Have The Better Legacy When It's All Said & Done? by A40(m): 7:58pm On Mar 02, 2013
chucky234: I am sure you have problem to comprehends written text, what can you say about Shaq and Karl Malone?
Lebron had just one average over hyped player called Wade.
You mean Karl Malone that joined in his last season in the league?? Dwyane Wade (scoring champ,all-star MVP,Finals MVP) is overhyped?? Chris Bosh one of the best power forwards in the league doesn't count??

You know too little about basketball to debate with me! Calling guys like Rick Fox,Devean George and Brian Shaw stars was what gave you away
Re: Kobe Or Lebron -who's Going To Have The Better Legacy When It's All Said & Done? by Nobody: 10:34pm On Mar 02, 2013
Is this a question or an insult to Kobe? I will come back with comments but until then, call me on 787 668 6733 whenever Lebron gets 5 championship rings, 30K+ career point and so many other achievements in NBA
Re: Kobe Or Lebron -who's Going To Have The Better Legacy When It's All Said & Done? by Nobody: 11:35pm On Mar 02, 2013
Roland17:

Grow up dude and stop all these megedefegede yarns, whose fault is it that you have construed my opinion, u are not under any obligation to agree either ways.

Agreed both played different positions, but both were dominant shooting the ball and also defending the ball.

There is no way LBJ would have been this dominant during the era's of big men, the same LBJ that had a ball rejected by Kobe in the all star games? the same LBJ who carefully chooses opponents to defend and still claim to guard all positions on court?

Agreed he is the most athletic player to have ever emerged in the NBA.

How many PF/C are left in the today's game? can we say LBJ is clutch? compared to Kobe, "THE TRUTH", J.Johnson, Durant, Melo, CP3?

The same LBJ whose Free throw dependability is at par or at best slightly more superior to that of D.A Jordan, D. Howard,R. Evans or even A. Iguodala

its not about hating and ranting, 5 beats 1 any angle you look at it.

Your post was not about Kobe versus Lebron...Your post was some wild archaic revisited rubbish driven by absolute fallacy

especially to those who watched the Nba every day during the 90s

Your post said.... and i Quote..
Roland17: Today's modern game has greatly evolved where shooters are the all in all there are no more low post players or defenders, that makes breezing past players easier today, like u mentioned, there is no way LBJ would have being the best in the era of Charles Barkley, Dikembe, Olajunwon, Drexler etal.

^---Which is nonsense and has NOTHING TO DO WITH KOBE vs Lebron...

Charles Barkley and Clyde Drexler in the same sentence with Lebron is an Insult,

not to mention Awful Perimeter Defenders....Absolutely Terrible, Especially Barkley

As far as the "Devolution" of the Low Post Big Man, Yes ...The Low post big man..."Offensively" skill wise has declined, substantially, That has more to do with the Evolution of the Extremely Supremely Athletic Modern Wing Player As Well

It is simple....The Players of today ....Are Less Ball "skilled" Offensively{No Low Post Game, No Mid Rang Shot Ect}...

But the players of today are also Far More Athletic..

Unfortunately For you, Defense is not about Offensive Ball Skills.

It's about Hustle, Athleticism and Positioning...

Which is why your comment is extremely foolish.

The Athlete of Modern day is [size=20pt]Harder[/size] to Score on ....Not Easier.

To Put it in Perspective, Scottie Pippen was considered a Genetic Freak in his Era.....Because of his Long Wingspan and His Supreme Athleticism

Today, Scottie Pippen's "Athleticism" would just seem Ordinary...

The Physical Marvels of Today, Athletically are Light Years More Superior.

Lmfao....Charles Barkley and Clyde Drexler. grin
Re: Kobe Or Lebron -who's Going To Have The Better Legacy When It's All Said & Done? by Nobody: 11:42pm On Mar 02, 2013

..He got his Shot Blocked in an Allstar Game....LmL...10 dayz before that, when the Heat Played the Lakerz...My Lakerz Got Owned...

I wish he would have blocked his shots Then..LoL

and Also...your Point about scoring in the 90s being harder is Even More silly especially considering everyone played "isolation" On one side of the floor

Look at Iverson Numbers during the 90s. All he did was run Iso. All the Teams Ran Iso back then....except the Utah Jazz

The Lanes were Less Congested because the Players "Physically" were thinner, smaller and far Less Faster or Quicker.

You might wanna Look at Kobe's 1990s numbers before you use the "90s" as a reference point...

http://www.nba.com/playerfile/kobe_bryant/career_stats.html

You mean the same kobe that never averaged 20ppg during the 90's?....

The same kobe shooting 43% against the Likes of Supremely Athletic Beast Like Charlie Ward and Allan Houston? LoL

The Athletic Ball Stoppers like Tim Hardaway and Voshon Leonard ?

1990S Were irrelevant to the Discussion....Scoring in the 90s was easier not Harder, stop listening to the Likes of that Senile fool Skip Bayless.

Good Day Mr Roland.
Re: Kobe Or Lebron -who's Going To Have The Better Legacy When It's All Said & Done? by Nobody: 11:52pm On Mar 02, 2013
Give Lebron a Prime Shaq...

and he Wins 8 Championships....averages 30ppg 10 Assist ...And there is NO BEEF either...because Lebron Passes the Balll

Again, this is coming from a Laker Fan...

I don't think Either of them are Anywhere Near Jordan.

As a Complete Player Lebron Is Better than Kobe.

Signed~~An Unbiased Laker Die Hard cool

1 Like

Re: Kobe Or Lebron -who's Going To Have The Better Legacy When It's All Said & Done? by A40(m): 11:56pm On Mar 02, 2013
الملكي فوق الله:

The Athlete of Modern day is [size=20pt]Harder[/size] to Score on ....Not Easier.

To Put it in Perspective, Scottie Pippen was considered a Genetic Freak in his Era.....Because of his Long Wingspan and His Supreme Athleticism

Today, Scottie Pippen's "Athleticism" would just seem Ordinary...

Can you name just 3 perimeter defenders in the league right now that are as good as Scottie Pippen? You think athleticism is the only thing that made Pippen great?
Old school players where grittier,more grimy! Just look at plays that get whistled these days! Floppers everywhere!
What is the use of athleticism when you are not fundamentally sound? There's a reason guys like Dwight,Bynum,Lebron e.t.c still go to oldies like Olajuwon,Ewing,Abdul Jabbar for lessons
Re: Kobe Or Lebron -who's Going To Have The Better Legacy When It's All Said & Done? by Nobody: 11:58pm On Mar 02, 2013
Thabo sefolosha...
Avery Bradley..
Luol Deng.....

And i could Keep Going.....Lol

Re: Kobe Or Lebron -who's Going To Have The Better Legacy When It's All Said & Done? by Nobody: 11:59pm On Mar 02, 2013
Every Bit as Good as Scottie......Every Drop

Re: Kobe Or Lebron -who's Going To Have The Better Legacy When It's All Said & Done? by Roland17(m): 12:00am On Mar 03, 2013
Bringing in Charles and Drexler and other players in the era of big men and bigger small forwards had everything to with his era..

The league has been destroyed by the fans, Spurs happen to be the only team i still consider as perfect mainly cos of Duncan but obviously because of this current generation, they are described as boring.

In a league with 30 teams, u were able to mention only three perimeter defenders, save for Tony Allen (who happens to be the best perimeter defender in the league) of the Grizz and sefolsha, the rest on your list can't be compared to the bulk in the 90's..

Bradley recently emerged, although the best defender in my team, he is still learning the trade.

How come u did not respond to LBJ being clutch compared to his colleagues? isn't that meant to be a measure of comparison between great's?

How about free throws? why are not defending the Queen's stat?
Re: Kobe Or Lebron -who's Going To Have The Better Legacy When It's All Said & Done? by A40(m): 12:01am On Mar 03, 2013
الملكي فوق الله: Give Lebron a Prime Shaq...

and he Wins 8 Championships....averages 30ppg 10 Assist ...And there is NO BEEF either...because Lebron Passes the Balll

Again, this is coming from a Laker Fan...

I don't think Either of them are Anywhere Near Jordan.

As a Complete Player Lebron Is Better than Kobe.

Signed~~An Unbiased Laker Die Hard cool
Kobe and Shaq played 8 years together so you telling me they win a ring every single season? Bwahahahaha
They would win under MJ and Tim Duncan's watch right? Ok I'm getting you
Re: Kobe Or Lebron -who's Going To Have The Better Legacy When It's All Said & Done? by A40(m): 12:03am On Mar 03, 2013
الملكي فوق الله: Thabo sefolosha...
Avery Bradley..
Luol Deng.....

And i could Keep Going.....Lol

Ahahahahahahaha Luol Deng? Avery Bradley? Sefolosha as good as Scottie? Fam pass the dutchie pon the left hand side!! Whaaaaat! No perimeter player in the league right now is touching Scottie Pippen! Stop playing
Neither of these guys are as good as Bruce Bowen and Bruce is not as good as Scottie
Re: Kobe Or Lebron -who's Going To Have The Better Legacy When It's All Said & Done? by Nobody: 12:04am On Mar 03, 2013
Did you see Avery Bradley Guard Dwayne Wade that Sunday game before he hurt his knee a few seasons ago?

D-wade couldn't get by him...and and he blocked his dunk.....

D-Wade is more athletic at driving to the Lane than Every in the 90s with the exception of Mj....

People seem to forget Mj was scoring on Little Azz John Starts....Craig ehlo.....Jeff Hornacek

Do you know who guarded Mj in his Last 4 Finals Victories?

Dan Majerle~~1993 SUNS
Detlef schrempf~~1996 SONICS
Jess Hornacek and Bryon Russell took turns "Trying" for the Jazz in 97-98......

...3 Slow footed no athleticism havin White Boys...

The Elephant in the room..Race...and noone wants to mention it

Royal Keeps it Real
cool
Re: Kobe Or Lebron -who's Going To Have The Better Legacy When It's All Said & Done? by Nobody: 12:08am On Mar 03, 2013
The Nba in the 90s had yet to evolve from a "wing" perspective....

Many teams had "Shorter White" 2 Guards and 3's.....because they were their "sharpshooters"

...But noone has the balls to bring it up...

Royal Will cool

It was Light Years Easier to score in the 90s...

However do they call more whistles now?..Absolutely....

The Players are TOO BIG and Athletic to allow them to play that brutish rugged Ball Fam....

You can't have that now...Scare away our white american audience....

Nobody is trynna See the Charles Oakley type anymore(One of My Favorites of the 90s!}

The Nba tried to disallow "thug ball" because it scared away white viewing audiences and the upper class snobbish black folks.
Re: Kobe Or Lebron -who's Going To Have The Better Legacy When It's All Said & Done? by A40(m): 12:12am On Mar 03, 2013
الملكي فوق الله: Did you see Avery Bradley Guard Dwayne Wade that Sunday game before he hurt his knee a few seasons ago?

D-wade couldn't get by him...and and he blocked his dunk.....

D-Wade is more athletic at driving to the Lane than Every in the 90s with the exception of Mj....

Holla at me when he does this on any given night! 9 time all defensive first team na beans?

الملكي فوق الله:
People seem to forget Mj was scoring on Little Azz John Starts....Craig ehlo.....Jeff Hornacek

Do who guarded Mj in his Last 4 Finals Victories?

Dan Majerle~~1993 SUNS
Detlef schrempf~~1996 SONICS
Jess Hornacek and Bryon Russell took turns "Trying" for the Jazz in 97-98......

...3 Slow footed no athleticism havin White Boys...

The Elephant in the room..Race...and noone wants to mention it

Royal Keeps it Real
cool
They wouldn't be in the Finals if they where that bad that's one point you keep leaving out
Re: Kobe Or Lebron -who's Going To Have The Better Legacy When It's All Said & Done? by Nobody: 12:13am On Mar 03, 2013
The Long Athletic 6'8" wing player who could play elite defense and spread the floor and shoot as well as the shorter white guys HAD YET TO EVOLVE!

therefor...the nba was still stuck with 6'3" slow foot defenders who could shoot the lights out...but could not guard anybody

I.e Jeff Hornacek

Two of Jordan's rings were Against Jeff Hornacek.....

The Jazz...

He had a 6'1" and 6'3" Starting WHITE back Court....

....The American Media will not tell you the Truth...But Royal Will. wink
Re: Kobe Or Lebron -who's Going To Have The Better Legacy When It's All Said & Done? by Roland17(m): 12:14am On Mar 03, 2013
In a league with 30 teams, u were able to mention only three perimeter defenders, save for Tony Allen (who happens to be the best perimeter defender in the league) of the Grizz and sefolsha, the rest on your list can't be compared to the bulk in the 90's..

Bradley recently emerged, although the best defender in my team, he is still learning the trade.

How come u did not respond to LBJ being clutch compared to his colleagues? isn't that meant to be a measure of comparison between great's?

How about free throws? why is that stat not worthy of defending

Any way u look a it 5 beats 1 when it has to do with Kobe
Re: Kobe Or Lebron -who's Going To Have The Better Legacy When It's All Said & Done? by Nobody: 12:14am On Mar 03, 2013
Scottie Was All Nba First Team Defense a Million Times for the Very Reason i just wrote above

HE Was the Only Of His Breed at that Time!
Re: Kobe Or Lebron -who's Going To Have The Better Legacy When It's All Said & Done? by Nobody: 12:16am On Mar 03, 2013
You are Flat out insane if you think Tony Allen has better Defense Than Thabo

ASK KOBE!

Kobe won a ring against Allen guarding him for Boston....

Thabo Locked him down for the Thunder

......Foh....lol

Thabo>Tony

Re: Kobe Or Lebron -who's Going To Have The Better Legacy When It's All Said & Done? by Nobody: 12:17am On Mar 03, 2013
James Posey had better D than Tony Allen....

James Posey guarding Kobe the Finals they Lost to Boston...

Tony Allen couldn't do shitt with HiM.

Thabo Defense is Sick...
Re: Kobe Or Lebron -who's Going To Have The Better Legacy When It's All Said & Done? by Nobody: 12:18am On Mar 03, 2013
This guy is still on Lebron and the Clutch.....

Dude I am Dissecting your "1990S" point......

We are on the Subject of your Post....not Lebron in the Clutch LoL

#SkipBaylessBrothers
Re: Kobe Or Lebron -who's Going To Have The Better Legacy When It's All Said & Done? by Nobody: 12:20am On Mar 03, 2013
Thabo is the sole reason the Lakers can never fhuck with the Thunder....

Thabo On Ball D versus Kobe is Sickkkk...OMG

Nobody has ever Guarded Kobe in his Career as Good as Thabo.

Anyway....

As far as the 1990s......

Counter my Points. cool
Re: Kobe Or Lebron -who's Going To Have The Better Legacy When It's All Said & Done? by Roland17(m): 12:21am On Mar 03, 2013
الملكي فوق الله: You are Flat out insane if you think Tony Allen has better Defense Than Thabo

ASK KOBE!

Kobe won a ring against Allen guarding him for Boston....

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, ooooooooooooooooo my God!!!! this is blasphemy...u would have been stoned to death for such comparisons..

First u claim Bradley a young player whose defense i cherish but is not yet there is better than Wade? at what stage of their careers?

Who does not know T. Allen is the best perimeter defender in the league..u need ALABUKUN and to mention Deng in the same conversation is just soooo dis respectful of u.

Of what use is a perimeter defender that fouls out of games?
Re: Kobe Or Lebron -who's Going To Have The Better Legacy When It's All Said & Done? by A40(m): 12:23am On Mar 03, 2013
الملكي فوق الله: The Nba in the 90s had yet to evolve from a "wing" perspective....

Many teams had "Shorter White" 2 Guards and 3's.....because they were their "sharpshooters"

...But noone has the balls to bring it up...

Royal Will cool

It was Light Years Easier to score in the 90s...

However do they call more whistles now?..Absolutely....

The Players are TOO BIG and Athletic to allow them to play that brutish rugged Ball Fam....

You can't have that now...Scare away our white american audience....

Nobody is trynna See the Charles Oakley type anymore(One of My Favorites of the 90s!}

The Nba tried to disallow "thug ball" because it scared away white viewing audiences and the upper class snobbish black folks.
Phuck that athleticism shyte bruh! You saw the slam dunk contest! Can you name one decent player in that lineup apart from say Kenneth Faried? Is there anyone else there averaging even 10 points per game? Fundamentals >>>>> Athleticism

Do you think the Bad Boys would survive now with floppers like Ginobili,Lebron e.t.c in the game now?
Re: Kobe Or Lebron -who's Going To Have The Better Legacy When It's All Said & Done? by Nobody: 12:23am On Mar 03, 2013
Roland17:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, ooooooooooooooooo my God!!!! this is blasphemy...u would have been stoned to death for such comparisons..

First u claim Bradley a young player whose defense i cherish but is not yet there is better than Wade? at what stage of their careers?

..?....What the Hell are you Talking about LmL
Re: Kobe Or Lebron -who's Going To Have The Better Legacy When It's All Said & Done? by Nobody: 12:26am On Mar 03, 2013
@ 40

The bad boys weren't even allowed to play their brand of ball in the 90s....less lone now

They were the best at the physical thuggish ball...they OWNED JORDAN...the nba needed a new star at the time to promote their league...

So the next year the pistons played the bulls....THE BULLS GOT EVERY CALL...i mean you couldn't drip sweat on Jordan.....

The Nba orchestrated a calculated plot to dismantle the Pistons....

Jordan NEVER BEAT THE "REAL" BAD BOYS....The NBA Did.

Re: Kobe Or Lebron -who's Going To Have The Better Legacy When It's All Said & Done? by Nobody: 12:30am On Mar 03, 2013
Ill be back..Got some Business to Handle

#NbaTawk

Roland Leave the Liquor Bottle Alone Brah
Re: Kobe Or Lebron -who's Going To Have The Better Legacy When It's All Said & Done? by Roland17(m): 12:46am On Mar 03, 2013
الملكي فوق الله: Thabo is the sole reason the Lakers can never fhuck with the Thunder....

Anyway....

Counter my Points. cool

Scottie, Joe Dumars, Dennis Johnson, MJ, John Starks, D Harper, Cooper, Moncrief, D. Rodman (during his spell with the bad boys) and do not forget, hand checking was allowed at that time.

Kobe played against some of these greats, who is defending LBJ in today's NBA?

You are probably going to mention Sefolosha, Bradley, Allen..LMAOOOOOOOOOOOO

Dude, i expect better arguments from your wealth of B/Ball knowledge.

Take 2 sachets of ALABUKUN mixed with ALOMO bitters and u would be fine
Re: Kobe Or Lebron -who's Going To Have The Better Legacy When It's All Said & Done? by A40(m): 12:52am On Mar 03, 2013
الملكي فوق الله: Thabo is the sole reason the Lakers can never fhuck with the Thunder....

Anyway....

Counter my Points. cool
Only that Kobe averaged over 31pts a game against Thabo even with a Laker team on the decline or have you forgotten they where swept the previous year

الملكي فوق الله: @ 40

The bad boys weren't even allowed to play their brand of ball in the 90s....less lone now

They were the best at the physical thuggish ball...they OWNED JORDAN...the nba needed a new star at the time to promote their league...

So the next year the pistons played the bulls....THE BULLS GOT EVERY CALL...i mean you couldn't drip sweat on Jordan.....

The Nba orchestrated a calculated plot to dismantle the Pistons....

Jordan NEVER BEAT THE "REAL" BAD BOYS....The NBA Did.

Looool you must be one of em survivalists that have a conspiracy theory about everything! The NBA helped the Bulls sweep the series in blowout fashion? I'm getting you

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Tokyo 2020 Paralympics: Latifa Tijani Wins Nigeria's First Gold Medal / Jurgen Klopp Says Pep Guardiola ‘the Best Manager In The World’ / AFCON: NFF Owing Gernot Rohr Since January

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.