Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,640 members, 7,955,332 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 11:03 PM

My Extra-Terrestrial Affair [Updated] - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / My Extra-Terrestrial Affair [Updated] (1792 Views)

Get This Free Ebook: Entangled Affair, Directly In Your Mail / Eagles, Hawks And Vultures: A Violent Affair / The Beginning Of A Teenage Love Affair. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Extra-Terrestrial Affair [Updated] by Gamine(f): 5:25pm On Mar 15, 2008
My Extra-Terrestrial Affair.

I was among the chosen; it was a class trip to the neighbouring planet. I was beyond excited. I had only begun teaching at the school two years ago and still had been picked. I was so pleased. My elation defied boundaries; I called my parents, my boyfriend and friends and anyone i could get to. They didn’t seem happy, but they knew this was something I constantly chirped about.

I had dreams to go afar, to travel with the galactic guards across the planet spread. Lofty dreams my boyfriend usually muttered whenever i shared with him, I had to keep them pocketed; everyone around me just seemed like chess pieces, they knew their places on the playing board and were never going to change. I was different. This opportunity had come and i was diving into it with all I had, my family and friends couldn’t get enough of it, I promised them all kinds of souvenirs. I had seen their eyes; I could smell the envy dripping from their foreheads. ha! I exclaimed smugly now they have awakened!
I didn’t get much sleep three days before the scheduled departure date. I dreamt a lot, my imagination not only ran wild, it skipped mountains and swam across the Milky Way. I was almost delirious.

Going to any planet was a huge cost and most people didn’t bother. I had harassed my family countless times on this matter. My parents had always said it was too expensive and dangerous. It was the major reason i tried my possible best to get a job in Reilly private school. It was an exclusive institution where the pay was high although the hours were long. I taught nature studies, I was also on the gym team and I gave extra lessons. If I was to save for this trip on my own it would take about three years with a lot of personal and necessary utilities cut out, and I was being handed this on a platter of gold or platinum perhaps. My class was made up of 10 children all between the ages of 8 and 11, they weren’t even as excited as I was.

When the Day finally arrived, I put on one of my cheeriest dresses, a yellow laced knee length gown, I had bought it for occasions like this, I couldn’t help laughing at myself. My boy friend had commented that I looked too good for the Aleouns an offensive slang name for people from other planets; I gave him a rueful look, kissed him on the check and left our home. While waiting in class with my pupils, I received a message on my PDA, is your class ready it said. Yes I replied with delight casting my eyes over the children who were in high spirits, chattering, laughing. We were ushered into a conference room, where we were briefed. I’m sure you all must have read some material on Planet Earata the principal said, I looked around the room; those making the trip were not more than 100, I was indeed lucky for my class to have been chosen.

Planet Earata at last! It was nothing I had dreamed about, there was no trip to talk about. One minute we were all seated in the ship, and the next we were landing on this Beautiful planet, surely they had to have another word which described it better! Everyone was in awe, the pictures and descriptions we had looked up were nothing compared to what we saw, It was beyond. . .Okey lets all assemble here, the old sombrely dressed woman who was our planet guide said in a shrilly voice breaking the fragile pieces of my thoughts. I called my pupils to order and we filed out of the ship, everyone looked around in amazement, except for the few that had been here before , you could see it in their eyes and their raised eyebrow, been here done that.

After having being briefed, we were introduced to the natives who would show us around and to our designated assignment. Being a nature class, we were to study the flora and fauna of the planet. Miss Reows She said to me here is Fanmsz he is your guide, I looked up and saw the most handsome/beautiful human being I had ever seen, I was doubly convinced our language was extremely deficient, the words we used on my planet were completely out of place here. Hello I managed and offered my hand for a shake, he took it, shook it warmly and smiled, I wasn’t the same again I tell you. He was tall, had a skin that glowed, it was the colour of healthy brown soil. He was clad in garments that were like ours but he had nothing on top. I had to make sure I wasn’t flushed; my boyfriend paled in comparison, paled was the perfect word. I am Fansmz he said with a voice so rich, I hoped I didn’t make a fool out of myself. I quickly introduced my pupils who were apparently taken with the oohs and aahs of this place. He told us were we going, but that that point i was already lost in the bliss of his presence, i just wanted to hold on to him, I also began contemplating staying on the planet. Crazy? Yes, i know. I couldn’t help noticing how different but yet how familiar he was to me. Taller than the average male on my planet, skin darker than Cocow, hair darker than your worst nightmare, he still appealed to all my senses. i must have been as red as a beetroot because i just couldn’t stop staring, must of what he was saying went past me, what am i thinking!, i tried to fill my mind with images of Lukke, my boyfriend but the images faded faster than snow in the Saxarra Desert. What am i going to do!
Fansmz, I rolled his name around in my mind, ooh I ought to be working I thought trying to call myself to order. He was apparently great with the children as I watched him pointing to some plant as they huddled around excitedly hanging to his every word, A picture of him and me flashed acoss my mind, I in a white dress floating through flowers with fanmsz in chase in a white tunic the contrast with his skin so beautiful Miss Reows, Miss, with a blush I answered the man. He smiled and said This place is called Yutkion, it’s the place hwere the flowers never die, come I have something to show you, what about the chidren I asked? They are safe here he said and took my hand, the picture I had conjured earlier came acrodd my mind again and quite suddenly Lukke’s frowning face. Acck I felt a slight groan in the pit of my tummy, what am I doing!

Here! Fanmsz said, I looked around we were standing at the edge of a huge outcrop, below I saw some creatures moving around in the valley, and mountains creating a breatrhtaking backdrop. Wow I could only gasp, what are those I finally asked. Fojkuns like your Wild cats, the children should be able to watch from here, we wont be going down, is that ok? Yes yes I replied, I didn’t want any form of accident, I had to come here again!
After we got the children and spent about an hour and half educating ourselves on the specie, we had to have a picnic, so Fanmsz took us to the local shops, I was really surprised at how familiar most of the things they had was to me. We trusted him to get us the best of what they had t offer and when we had it all we went back to yutkion, I could get used to this I thought as I bit into another piece of Ronmee, it tasted much like our own croissant but with a much more heavenly tatse I couldn’t get enough of, I saw the children devour the food like there was tomorrow, well technically in our case there wasn’t so I understood their pain.
Well the children took a nap, I decided to have a chat with Fansmz,
Re: My Extra-Terrestrial Affair [Updated] by justbones(m): 8:53pm On Mar 15, 2008
if u wrote this (not that i doubt or anything?) undecided
then "i am very very proud of you"
Re: My Extra-Terrestrial Affair [Updated] by Gamine(f): 9:07pm On Mar 15, 2008
Eyah, thanks a bunch. smiley

im now into writing short stories.
i realised i dont hv the patience for a full length novel just now
and i hv so many ideas coming in all at once.
Re: My Extra-Terrestrial Affair [Updated] by ifyalways(f): 11:11pm On Mar 16, 2008
lol
nice piece.
Re: My Extra-Terrestrial Affair [Updated] by Gamine(f): 11:28pm On Mar 16, 2008
Thanks!

I hv a better edited version
i will post that up later.

smiley
Re: My Extra-Terrestrial Affair [Updated] by iice(f): 2:46pm On Mar 17, 2008
Me likey. . .especially the theme. . .cool!
Re: My Extra-Terrestrial Affair [Updated] by Gamine(f): 2:58pm On Mar 17, 2008
smiley wink

I have continued, ,

You can guess what happens cool

Anyways i will put it up later
Re: My Extra-Terrestrial Affair [Updated] by doyin13(m): 11:35pm On Mar 17, 2008
The environment has been degraded a few bytes of data for this piece offffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff angry angry angry angry angry

Underastated Genius grin grin tongue
Re: My Extra-Terrestrial Affair [Updated] by Gamine(f): 12:33am On Mar 18, 2008
Doyin

Doyin embarassed lipsrsealed tongue
Re: My Extra-Terrestrial Affair [Updated] by justbones(m): 9:00am On Mar 18, 2008
nice grin
but the story seems a bit off
Re: My Extra-Terrestrial Affair [Updated] by Gamine(f): 9:46am On Mar 18, 2008
a bit off?

ok, gimme your honest opinion smiley
Re: My Extra-Terrestrial Affair [Updated] by zukkie4eva(f): 9:58am On Mar 18, 2008
Nice. . . quite out of the ordinary. U too much gurl!
Re: My Extra-Terrestrial Affair [Updated] by DualCore1: 10:27am On Mar 18, 2008
was heading for the phone section, but took the wrong exit and landed here!
damn gammine, its tight nd wow!
cheerz.

whaoo whaooo whaoooo, tht's ma exit yo, move!
Re: My Extra-Terrestrial Affair [Updated] by icezik1(m): 10:38am On Mar 18, 2008
I can swear I've read this before somewhere. Very Suspicious. Well, I used to write short stories when I was in secondary school abroad, but since returning to Nigeria I've not really felt any motivation to continue, well maybe thanks to you Gamine I may go and start writing again. Mine will be better of course grin wink .
Re: My Extra-Terrestrial Affair [Updated] by Gamine(f): 9:03pm On Mar 18, 2008
Ice Zik, no wahala tongue
Re: My Extra-Terrestrial Affair [Updated] by justbones(m): 11:02pm On Mar 18, 2008
i dare u to write
it will probably end up as one of those lame sports articles in heb*** times
Re: My Extra-Terrestrial Affair [Updated] by ifyalways(f): 7:54pm On Mar 19, 2008
lmao.
Go gamine ! grin
Re: My Extra-Terrestrial Affair [Updated] by Gamine(f): 8:16pm On Mar 19, 2008
@Justbones
dats too harsh na tongue
Re: My Extra-Terrestrial Affair [Updated] by icezik1(m): 9:31am On Mar 20, 2008
@justbones

why the beef?
Re: My Extra-Terrestrial Affair [Updated] by Viante(f): 12:33am On May 03, 2008
Now i cnt update this thing cry
Re: My Extra-Terrestrial Affair [Updated] by Gamine(f): 9:18am On Jul 23, 2008
Ice-Zik

i had been waiting for your piece.

Kai, i actually forgot this story embarassed
Re: My Extra-Terrestrial Affair [Updated] by spikedcylinder: 1:22pm On Jul 23, 2008
Self indulgent piece of crap tongue
Re: My Extra-Terrestrial Affair [Updated] by Sisikill: 2:19pm On Jul 23, 2008
Whoa!!!!

Where have you been hiding this?

This is very good.
Re: My Extra-Terrestrial Affair [Updated] by Gamine(f): 2:23pm On Jul 23, 2008
Thank you madam spiked.

Sisi, i just dey try to be like you cheesy
Re: My Extra-Terrestrial Affair [Updated] by omeire(m): 10:22am On Aug 01, 2008
hey!, nice story, am wonderin' wotz next, keep it up!
Re: My Extra-Terrestrial Affair [Updated] by Gamine(f): 3:31pm On Aug 01, 2008
im wondering too

i havent had time to write

i will update as soon as possible wink

(1) (Reply)

The Scheduled Date For WAEC 2017 / In Need Of Good Writers In The Health And Cryptocurrency Niches / Old But Legendary Stories On Nairaland

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.