Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,581 members, 7,816,430 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:10 AM

Nigeria Railway Moves Over 30,000 Passengers In Eight Weeks - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Nigeria Railway Moves Over 30,000 Passengers In Eight Weeks (540 Views)

Attention: Nigeria Railway Coporation / NIMC Moves To Integrate BVN Data / Updates On Nigeria Railway Station. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Railway Moves Over 30,000 Passengers In Eight Weeks by Nobody: 8:54pm On Feb 20, 2013
The Nigeria Railway Corporation, NRC has said that over thirty thousand Nigerians travelling to Kano from Lagos have used the recently rehabilitated intercity train service.

The Assistant Director, Public Relations, Mr. David Ndanusa stated this while speaking with Vanguard.

According to him, the railway has maintained a successful intercity passenger train service since the kick off in December last year, transporting over thirty thousand Nigerians who are travelling to and from Lagos and Kano by rail.

"I can tell you that over thirty thousand Nigerians who are travelling to Kano from Lagos and returning back have used our train service. We run two trains every week and they are always filled up." Ndanusa explained.

The NRC official who said he cannot estimate the number of those that have been transported through other intercity train routes, like Lagos to Offa and Minna, noted that the corporation will soon acquire more coaches to address the problem of congestion and to increase frequency.

"We are refurbishing more coaches in order to address the problem of congestion but the problem is that it requires time to refurbish these coaches depending on the level of deterioration. But we are doing all we can, in the next two months we shall have more coaches and then increase the frequency of operation in the routes we are running."

However, when asked about how much money the passenger traffic has generated so far, he declined comment, saying that the figures will be made official at the right time. He however hinted that half of the money is ploughed back into operations and maintenance.

"I cannot tell you how much we have generated because that may be misunderstood. The figure will be made known at the right time. But I can assure you, half of the money we make is put back into maintenance, and don't forget maintaining these locomotives are quite expensive." Mr. Ndanusa said.

Meanwhile in the intercity train service, passengers have continued to pour in.

Source: http://odili.net/news/source/2013/feb/20/301.html
Re: Nigeria Railway Moves Over 30,000 Passengers In Eight Weeks by manny4life(m): 8:58pm On Feb 20, 2013
"We are refurbishing more coaches in order to address the problem of congestion but the problem is that it requires time to refurbish these coaches depending on the level of deterioration. But we are doing all we can, in the next two months we shall have more coaches and then increase the frequency of operation in the routes we are running."

However, when asked about how much money the passenger traffic has generated so far, he declined comment, saying that the figures will be made official at the right time. He however hinted that half of the money is ploughed back into operations and maintenance.

"I cannot tell you how much we have generated because that may be misunderstood. The figure will be made known at the right time. But I can assure you, half of the money we make is put back into maintenance, and don't forget maintaining these locomotives are quite expensive." Mr. Ndanusa said.

This right here was is the greatest part of this news. At least, we're budgeting for maintenance and continuous refurbishing. It may look bad now, but there's always room for improvement.

As for the money being generated, I support they did not state it because pseudo-analyst wey full NL will start misinterpreting the figures.
Re: Nigeria Railway Moves Over 30,000 Passengers In Eight Weeks by Omexonomy: 12:04pm On Feb 21, 2013
CFCfan: The Nigeria Railway Corporation, NRC has said that over thirty thousand Nigerians travelling to Kano from Lagos have used the recently rehabilitated intercity train service.

The Assistant Director, Public Relations, Mr. David Ndanusa stated this while speaking with Vanguard.

According to him, the railway has maintained a successful intercity passenger train service since the kick off in December last year, transporting over thirty thousand Nigerians who are travelling to and from Lagos and Kano by rail.

"I can tell you that over thirty thousand Nigerians who are travelling to Kano from Lagos and returning back have used our train service. We run two trains every week and they are always filled up." Ndanusa explained.

The NRC official who said he cannot estimate the number of those that have been transported through other intercity train routes, like Lagos to Offa and Minna, noted that the corporation will soon acquire more coaches to address the problem of congestion and to increase frequency.

Meanwhile in the intercity train service, passengers have continued to pour in.

Source: http://odili.net/news/source/2013/feb/20/301.html
manny4life:

This right here was is the greatest part of this news. At least, we're budgeting for maintenance and continuous refurbishing. It may look bad now, but there's always room for improvement.

As for the money being generated, I support they did not state it because pseudo-analyst wey full NL will start misinterpreting the figures.

Instead of you people to be saying bunch negative things and trailer load of lies about gej as it is being done in this forum.
Make ACN AND CPC henchmen catch una them go give una E-slap and blow through this forum.
manny4life:

Instead of you people to be saying bunch negative things and trailer load of lies about gej as it is being done in this forum.
Make ACN AND CPC henchmen catch una them go give una E-slap and blow through this forum.
manny4life:

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Government Has No Website. SHAME ! / Breaking News / We'll Resume Bombing On Friday - Henry Okah

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.