Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,481 members, 7,812,480 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:02 PM

Buying Used Phones From USA - Phone/Internet Market - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Phone/Internet Market / Buying Used Phones From USA (7010 Views)

Dropship Wholesale Android Phones From China / Buy Cheap Blackberrys,iphones,android Phones From Us.faily Used And Brand New! / Fairly Used Phones From Us For Sale Htc Hd2 And 7, Iphone 4 (32gb) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buying Used Phones From USA by Jamal25: 10:29am On Feb 21, 2013
Hello everyone one, I'm new to nairaland. I was checking Konga.com and i realized that their prices is way too high compared to USA. I thought about buying used ones from Ebay and find buyers in Nigeria so i could make some profits from it. Electronics in kenya is also expensive since i was there a year ago. What do you guys think?
Re: Buying Used Phones From USA by eleven(m): 2:22pm On Feb 22, 2013
Its a good idea. My friend and I are currently doing it and its quite profitable.

But I must warn you there are challenges:
1. Getting buyers here in Nigeria
2. Logistics (Consignment sent since 1st week in February yet to be delivered till now) You need to pray everytime you send consignments
3. Avoid pre-order...clearing agents can really mess you up
4. Understand the Nigeran IT market...the market fluctuates anyhow because its a free for all market. Prices go up and crashes very low without warnings. Demand and supply controls the market prices.
5.Avoid selling on credit or part payments (If you must, never release the good until payment is completed)

In all if it pays you its great, if not its one of those things
Re: Buying Used Phones From USA by Jamal25: 5:32am On Feb 23, 2013
hey bro, are you a Nigerian American and if so what state are you from? Where do you buy cheap to resell and how profitable is this business, how many items do you ship per month? I appreciate your response. I'm a Somali American.
Re: Buying Used Phones From USA by chucky234(m): 10:45am On Feb 23, 2013
Jamal25: hey bro, are you a Nigerian American and if so what state are you from? Where do you buy cheap to resell and how profitable is this business, how many items do you ship per month? I appreciate your response. I'm a Somali American.
I have been in the phone and accessories import business for six years now,its highly profitable if you have a good source and a reliable person in Nigeria that can help with the sales.
I can introduce you to my partners in the US who are white Americans,they will be able to help get blackberry and other phones at flat rates.
Re: Buying Used Phones From USA by eleven(m): 5:50pm On Feb 23, 2013
Jamal25: hey bro, are you a Nigerian American and if so what state are you from? Where do you buy cheap to resell and how profitable is this business, how many items do you ship per month? I appreciate your response. I'm a Somali American.

Am a Nigerian living in Nigeria. I am my friend's contact in Nigeria handling his transactions.

My friend has several sources where he source his goods from. Ebay is one of the sources.

What we do is he buys from his sources, send directly to me with his prices, I sell and transfer his money back to him. The shipment we are currently waiting for which the clearing agents are messing up is our 7th shipment so far.

Previous shipments have always been smooth. We attempted a different shipper this time and trust me we will never use this shipper again.

Like I mentioned earlier its important you do your market survey very well, get a trusted contact on ground to do this for you before attempting to buy any products for resale.

I wish you good luck in this highly competitive field.
Re: Buying Used Phones From USA by Nobody: 6:20pm On Feb 23, 2013
chucky234: I have been in the phone and accessories import business for six years now,its highly profitable if you have a good source and a reliable person in Nigeria that can help with the sales.
I can introduce you to my partners in the US who are white Americans,they will be able to help get blackberry and other phones at flat rates.

I just began this business some months ago and I'm pretty hopeful that the business will be profitable. Right now, I'm currently using some US mail forwarding services like myus.com to ship my goods to Nigeria.

Right now I just need where I can be getting cheaper phones from the US and ship to Nigeria for re-sell. I would be glad if you can introduce me to some of your partners there.

I'm particularly interested in Blackberries because they can be sold pretty fast. And they are profitable too. Note I am not going to scam your partners if you introduce me to them. You can check my profile to verify.

If you will like to help me, this is my email address--Alhasan4You At Gmail.com. I would really appreciate a kind gesture from you. Thanks.
Re: Buying Used Phones From USA by Jamal25: 2:22pm On Feb 24, 2013
chucky234: I have been in the phone and accessories import business for six years now,its highly profitable if you have a good source and a reliable person in Nigeria that can help with the sales.

I appreciate your help but i feel the phone market is very saturated at the moment. Luckily enough i found a source where i could buy loads of new women's bags and jeans for cheap. I will try that within the next few weeks and post my products on Nairaland to see if there are interested buyers. I hope it goes well.
Re: Buying Used Phones From USA by Jamal25: 2:26pm On Feb 24, 2013
eleven:

Am a Nigerian living in Nigeria. I am my friend's contact in Nigeria handling his transactions.

My friend has several sources where he source his goods from. Ebay is one of the sources.

What we do is he buys from his sources, send directly to me with his prices, I sell and transfer his money back to him. The shipment we are currently waiting for which the clearing agents are messing up is our 7th shipment so far.

Previous shipments have always been smooth. We attempted a different shipper this time and trust me we will never use this shipper again.

Like I mentioned earlier its important you do your market survey very well, get a trusted contact on ground to do this for you before attempting to buy any products for resale.

I wish you good luck in this highly competitive field.

I would like to know how much does shipping and import taxes affect your business and which shipping company you use? Thanks
Re: Buying Used Phones From USA by eleven(m): 4:11pm On Feb 24, 2013
Jamal25:

I would like to know how much does shipping and import taxes affect your business and which shipping company you use? Thanks

Not much though to maximize profit we use local freight handlers because using the big shippers are more expensive though very efficient but not cost effective for now.

Cost is about $3.95 per lbs for Air freight with a minimum weight of 25lbs.

Our regular handler is Liberty Express based in NY with office in Ikeja.

The new handler messing our shipment now is based in Ajao estate.
Re: Buying Used Phones From USA by Jamal25: 4:26pm On Feb 24, 2013
eleven:

Not much though to maximize profit we use local freight handlers because using the big shippers are more expensive though very efficient but not cost effective for now.

Cost is about $3.95 per lbs for Air freight with a minimum weight of 25lbs.

Our regular handler is Liberty Express based in NY with office in Ikeja.

The new handler messing our shipment now is based in Ajao estate.

$3.95 is not bad at all. Do you think you might be interested in buying bulk women's handbags? Jeans, perfumes/colognes?

1 Like

Re: Buying Used Phones From USA by eleven(m): 5:17pm On Feb 24, 2013
Jamal25:

$3.95 is not bad at all. Do you think you might be interested in buying bulk women's handbags? Jeans, perfumes/colognes?

Thanks for the offer. Am sorry no. I have run that line before (Go through my profile to see my past adverts).
Re: Buying Used Phones From USA by Jamal25: 5:03am On Feb 25, 2013
eleven:

Thanks for the offer. Am sorry no. I have run that line before (Go through my profile to see my past adverts).

I seen your past post on handbags. Are they hard to sell? Why did you stop selling them?
Re: Buying Used Phones From USA by eleven(m): 9:18am On Feb 25, 2013
Jamal25:

I seen your past post on handbags. Are they hard to sell? Why did you stop selling them?

Not that they were hard to sell, it was challenging for me because I didn't have a boutique to display them; had to do direct sales & delivery to clients which had high operating cost, highly pruned to credit purchases and meeting individual customer's taste, styles, colors and sizes.

At the end of the day had to sell all off at ridiculous prices to boutique owners.

The profit is well gained at retail level, at wholesale level its crazy except you have high volume turnover.

The business is well managed at retail level, having a boutique is very key.
Re: Buying Used Phones From USA by Jamal25: 11:55am On Feb 28, 2013
eleven:

Not that they were hard to sell, it was challenging for me because I didn't have a boutique to display them; had to do direct sales & delivery to clients which had high operating cost, highly pruned to credit purchases and meeting individual customer's taste, styles, colors and sizes.

At the end of the day had to sell all off at ridiculous prices to boutique owners.

The profit is well gained at retail level, at wholesale level its crazy except you have high volume turnover.

The business is well managed at retail level, having a boutique is very key.

Thanks man. I don't have any product at the moment but if i find anything valuable i will let everyone know.
Re: Buying Used Phones From USA by graciousamy: 2:34am On Sep 03, 2013
Hi Chucky, pls can u help me with where i can buy used blackberry phones in the Usa at cheaper prices so i can resell here. Thanks

(1) (Reply)

**Quality And Original ADVANCE MicroSD Memory Cards Frm 16gb @ Great Price** / Top Three Trending Smartphone Innovations / Huawei L21 (SOLD)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.