Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,382 members, 7,822,791 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 04:57 PM

I Can't Believe Mary J Blige Is Really Really Broke - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / I Can't Believe Mary J Blige Is Really Really Broke (2324 Views)

Dbanj To Perform With Usher, Mary J. Blige At Global Citizen 2015 Earth Day / Donjazzy Replies Fan Who Asked Him If Dbanj Is Really Broke [photos] / Mary J Blige Performing In Nigeria (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Can't Believe Mary J Blige Is Really Really Broke by brandedben(m): 12:20pm On Feb 21, 2013
I was shocked to see a news from NY Daily News about america's superstar Mary J Blige who is internationally recognised for her amazing records. I can't still believe that Mary J Blige cannot pay for her monthly rent which is between $9,000 to $12,000. What really is the problem? How did she get to this point? And what are the other celebs doing to help her out of this mess? Dear Mary J Blige fans and supporters please do something quick oh.

Here is the report from NY Daily News:

Mary J. Blige’s financial troubles — they’re worse than we thought. The “No More Drama” singer’s reported money problems have gotten so bad, she was slapped with a notice on the door of her tony upper West Side apartment building after it was discovered that she “had a rent-paying problem” last November. The luxe building, the Ashley, boasts a basketball court, state-of-the-art gym and bowling alley.

“It was for not paying back rent,” said a real estate source who has leased apartments at the building. A three-bedroom apartment at the Extell Development site, similar to the one Blige was renting, rents for $9,000 to $12,000 monthly, depending on the view and amenities. Our source says the 42-year-old singer was there for a little more than a year before the note was plastered on the front door of the pad.

Article From: http://www.iamaslucker.com/article/i-can-t-believe-mary-j-blige-is-really-really-broke/1210

Re: I Can't Believe Mary J Blige Is Really Really Broke by Lucasbalo(m): 12:47pm On Feb 21, 2013
Who cares ?.
Re: I Can't Believe Mary J Blige Is Really Really Broke by omar22(m): 12:51pm On Feb 21, 2013
The curse of a blackman...... She was the queen of Hip Hop before the likes of Lauren Hill or Beyonce emerge but as they say once a hetto always a Ghetto... I believe all of her albums has been a hit... I know she had drug problems in the 90's but common... She sold more albums than Janet Jackson in the last 23 years to be broke is bad habits labelled against Afro-American celebs
Re: I Can't Believe Mary J Blige Is Really Really Broke by brandedben(m): 12:57pm On Feb 21, 2013
omar22: The curse of a blackman...... She was the queen of Hip Hop before the likes of Lauren Hill or Beyonce emerge but as they say once a hetto always a Ghetto... I believe all of her albums has been a hit... I know she had drug problems in the 90's but common... She sold more albums than Janet Jackson in the last 23 years to be broke is bad habits labelled against Afro-American celebs

I agree with you....
Re: I Can't Believe Mary J Blige Is Really Really Broke by scobaba: 1:41pm On Feb 21, 2013
Khai, if j blige joins the list of bankrupt superstars, e go pain me o. J why na?
Re: I Can't Believe Mary J Blige Is Really Really Broke by Ossaifamous(m): 3:33pm On Feb 21, 2013
bad times ... she should release another album so she can blow n make money
Re: I Can't Believe Mary J Blige Is Really Really Broke by dominique(f): 5:48pm On Feb 21, 2013
Why do all these black celebs have financial problems the moment they stop being prominent. Don't they have any investments, I read her perfume was no.1 among celebrity perfumes last year. How do they spend their money sef?
Re: I Can't Believe Mary J Blige Is Really Really Broke by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 7:42pm On Feb 21, 2013
Crack, cocaine, boooze, skitz, meth etc.. can pull your finances down faster than GEJ saying finishing up on his cassava bread and burukutu
Re: I Can't Believe Mary J Blige Is Really Really Broke by Nobody: 6:59am On Feb 22, 2013
omar22: The curse of a blackman...... She was the queen of Hip Hop before the likes of Lauren Hill or Beyonce emerge but as they say once a hetto always a Ghetto... I believe all of her albums has been a hit... I know she had drug problems in the 90's but common... She sold more albums than Janet Jackson in the last 23 years to be broke is bad habits labelled against Afro-American celebs
yes i agree with you on this but i thought she had investments,i heard (not sure though) that she has a club and strip clubs so how come she's broke plus i thought she must have bought a house.how can an inernationally acclaimed celebrity be living in a rented house.even non celebs that dont earn up to her and live in harsh conditions like africa buy or build houses so why would her kind be living in a rented house or not even think of investing.thats sad.
Re: I Can't Believe Mary J Blige Is Really Really Broke by ferhyntorlah(f): 1:44pm On Feb 22, 2013
dominique: Why do all these black celebs have financial problems the moment they stop being prominent. Don't they have any investments, I read her perfume was no.1 among celebrity perfumes last year. How do they spend their money sef?

Good question, very good question. I wonder why too. I thought it's said that experience is the best teacher; don't these celebrities learnt from others' mistakes?

(1) (Reply)

Funke Akindele’s Ex Husband, Oloyede, Showers P / Omg! Nollywood Actresses Pose Half Nude On Movie Poster (photo) / Check Out The New Looks Of A Nairalander

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.