Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,750 members, 7,824,158 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:09 AM

Why Are/did You Studying/Study at School? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Why Are/did You Studying/Study at School? (763 Views)

Why Are You Studying What You Are Studying? / what are you studying in uni / Things They Wouldnt Teach You At School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why Are/did You Studying/Study at School? by laykhorn(m): 3:57pm On Feb 21, 2013
"Hmm, you must study hard in school,finish your education so you could have a good job and live a better life..." This is what my siblings would say even my parents.
I admit partially to the statement but do we truly need Education just for our future jobs? If yes, so does it means if not for our future jobs, we won't be educated...
This occured to me when my Uncle whispered those words-on phone- earlier today.
If no ( i.e if we don't need education just for our future jobs) WHY THEN DO WE NEED EDUCATION??... I'm finding this difficult to fathom. I know of quite a lot of people who have got more influential and wealthier parents and they are studyin Crop Production, Agric. Extension, Actuarial Science, Human Kinetics e.t.c who have no intention of ever delving into the field. I knw no knowledge is waisted,
and I'll never open my mouth to say such courses are irrelevant but in this situation, they dont aspire to do such or do have it in their future plans. I also knw of people who only want the certificate and they will stretch to any lenght(readin n attendin classes excluded) to get their parliesgrin -carton in yoruba-
Now, The question is....

WHY DID YOU ATTEND A UNIVERSITY/POLYTECHNIC/COLLEGE?
*for the graduates*

WHY ARE YOU STUDYING? *for the bosses*

WHY DO U WANT TO GO FOR A TERTIARY EDUCATION? *for oga patapatas*

(1) (Reply)

Ghana University Admission 2013 Is Now Open / Ptdf Scratch Card Available / Free PTDF Geoscience Past Questions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.