Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,110 members, 7,825,504 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 04:25 PM

Unasked Questions. Can Wizkid Exit EME Or Not? - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Unasked Questions. Can Wizkid Exit EME Or Not? (778 Views)

Video Download Of Toh Bad By Niyola(eme First Lady) / Banky Caused Wizkid’s EME Exit? / Pictures From EME Baddest Concert (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Unasked Questions. Can Wizkid Exit EME Or Not? by soulfood(m): 4:25pm On Feb 21, 2013
If Wizkid can leave EME just like that without getting sued or paying the label through his nose buy buying his way out, then i wonder at the following.

1. Wasn't there a recording contract/agreement between the artiste and label specifying the number of years or records he has to make with them.
2. If there was, did Wizkid sign this document and is it still available with the label?
3. Is the term(years of working with EME) stated in the agreement up?
4. If not, why is EME not suing Wizkid?
5. Banky W comes across to me as a very intelligent man especially after his response to Reuben Abati some years back. Why is he allowing sentiments and trading words on twitter instead of getting a good entertainment lawyer to take up his case.
We need answers to these questions and our newspapers and blogs must start doing some serious investigative journalism and not staying on twitter and facebook to get news.
The Nigerian music industry is undergoing rapid growth and the examples being set by artistes after gaining a little fame and money is not good. If there is an agreement for Wizkid to do so and so, and he signed to it, Banky W and EME must do right by taking him to court. It shouldn't end on twitter by wishing him well while he thinks he was being used. The court should decide. Cause if Wizkid does it, future artistes will do same. If this continues, nobody will want to promote young artistes cause they will see it as bad market.
There is no sentiments in Business. If he wants to go, he can go but after settling what is left in the agreement(if any). If none, EME no try at all.

Re: Unasked Questions. Can Wizkid Exit EME Or Not? by Zaynee63: 6:02pm On Feb 21, 2013
You are so interested in the story and I'm amazed that you missed the most fundameental part of it: Wizkid's contract ended December 2012, he requested a review of certain financial terms b4 he renewed and he was refused. He decided to leave without renewing. Wetin be your own?!
Re: Unasked Questions. Can Wizkid Exit EME Or Not? by soulfood(m): 8:13am On Feb 22, 2013
What i read was that wizkid refused to continue with EME and Banky W said EME was holding talks to convince him otherwise. Are you saying it's EME that refused to agree to some new terms from Wizkid?
Re: Unasked Questions. Can Wizkid Exit EME Or Not? by Mynd44: 5:56pm On Feb 22, 2013
Until I see an official statement from either sides, I am not making any comment on this issue

(1) (Reply)

Psquare, D'banj, 2face & Banky W Among Top Ten Wealthiest African Artistes List / Chaz B Is Back And Better!!!!!!!!!!!!!! / Download Banky W - Good Good Loving Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.