Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,442 members, 7,826,701 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 06:49 PM

How To Create A Video With Powerpoint - Art, Graphics & Video - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / How To Create A Video With Powerpoint (1578 Views)

How To Package Your Microsoft Powerpoint 2010 Presentation To Cd / How To Design Graphics Using Powerpoint / How To Make Money Designing Powerpoint Slides (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Create A Video With Powerpoint by Vcollinzo(m): 1:24am On Feb 22, 2013
In powerpoint 2010, you can save and have your presentations automatically converted to Windows Media Video (.wmv) to share with friends or for your own consumption.

This simple tutorial will guide you on steps about converting your pp presentations to video files.

color=grey]Tips to take note of when converting your presentation to video... [/color]

[list]
[li]
You can record and time your voice narration, to match the presentation movement. [/li]
[li]The file size can be adjusted, so can also the video quality, so as to match what you want. [/li]
[li]Animations and Transitions can also be included to your video[/li]
[li]Another interesting stuff in it is that, if your file is intended for share, the viewers need not powerpoint to watch the videos, but with their default video players[/li]
[li]The presentation can also contain embedded videos. And it will play without errors[/li]
[/list]
To learn to create and convert your powerpoint presentations to videos, read full tutorial at Source: http://www.guruszone.net/pc-softwares-tutorials/how-to-create-a-video-with-powerpoint/

1 Like

Re: How To Create A Video With Powerpoint by AgiliRon: 7:33am On Feb 26, 2013
Hello Friends,

For those who want a quick method to create videos of their PowerPoint presentations, here is a great tool, PowerPoint 2010. I have just started creating my own videos for YouTube after several years of trying to come out of my shell and getting the nerve to create videos and discovered this tool which has been a great help to me. So I just wanted to share the steps that I use to produce my videos. powerpoint imageAs with any presentation development, before you start, you need to prepare your script and/or outline which can include the following: choosing your template, graphics, bullets, etc. Once you have everything in hand you can prepare your presentation as you always do and when complete you are ready to create your video.
The following are the steps that I use to create a video from my PowerPoint Presentations:
1. Open your presentation and click on the Slide Show menu. And then click on Record Slideshow.
2. Once you start recording, you will see the timing of each slide at the top left of the presentation. The best method that I have found is to listen to the audio, if you have audio, and then click the advance button (page down key) when you want particular graphics, topics, etc. to appear. This sets the timing of each slide which allows you to sync your message as you would like to present the information.
3. Once step 2 has been completed, you are ready to produce your video. With your presentation loaded, click on “File” and then “Save & Send.” You will be prompted with another screen where you will click on “Create a Video.” In the next section you will have the opportunity to choose your parameters that you want to use. I usually use the default values.
4. Click on “Create a Video.” You will be prompted to save your recording and once you have named your presentation and saved it, your recording will start. You will see the progress of your recording at the bottom right of your presentation.

Thanks and Regards,
Agili Ron
Re: How To Create A Video With Powerpoint by fbistarship(m): 8:00am On Feb 26, 2013
Tanx guys
Re: How To Create A Video With Powerpoint by DerrenBrown: 7:46am On Feb 28, 2013
Hello Friends,

When you want to give a high-fidelity version of your presentation to colleagues or customers (either as an e-mail attachment, published to the web, on a CD or DVD), save it and let it play as a video. In PowerPoint 2010, you can now save your presentation as a Windows Media Video (.wmv) file, and distribute it confidently, knowing that your animated, narrated, multimedia presentation will play without a glitch. If you do not want to use the .wmv file format, you can use a preferred third party utility to convert your file to another format (.avi, .mov, etc).
Some tips to remember when recording your presentation as a video:
1. You can record and time voice narration and laser pointer movements in your video.
2. You can control the size of the multimedia file and the quality of your video.
3. You can include animations and transitions in your movie.
4. Viewers do not need to have PowerPoint installed on their computers to watch it.
5. If your presentation contains an embedded video, the video will play correctly without your needing to control it.
6. Depending on the content of your presentation, creating a video may take some time. Lengthy presentations and presentations with animations, transitions, and media content will likely take longer to create. Fortunately, you can continue to use PowerPoint while the video is being created

Thanks and Regards,
Derren Brown

transcriptionhub.com
Re: How To Create A Video With Powerpoint by KyleHenry: 3:06pm On Jun 24, 2021
I think that these lessons are no longer relevant in 2021. Give it fresh.

(1) (Reply)

A Logo For A Fashion Designer... Your Thoughts / Batman Digital Painting (Comic Art) / 8 Sure Ways To Be A Better Graphic Designer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.