Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,202 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:28 AM

How I Foresaw Super Eagles’ Victory – Guru Maharaj Ji - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / How I Foresaw Super Eagles’ Victory – Guru Maharaj Ji (754 Views)

Sunday Oliseh's Tweet Over Super Eagles Victory Against Cameroun / Women Praying And Holding TV For Eagles Victory / NFF Thanks T.B Joshua For Eagles Victory (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How I Foresaw Super Eagles’ Victory – Guru Maharaj Ji by Maxymilliano(m): 7:11am On Feb 23, 2013
Against all odds, he stood by his pronouncement before the Africa Cup of Nations in South Africa that the Super Eagles would win the trophy. Sat Guru Maharaj Ji, the spiritual leader of One Love Family unequivocally said Nigeria’s victory was a settled matter spiritually, and told anyone that cared that he had donated the trophy to President Goodluck Jonathan in January. News Editor, Ajibola Abayomi, was with him at the headquarters of his Spiritual village in Ibadan where he engaged the Living Perfect Master as he is fondly called by his devotees on his historical pronouncement on the Eagles and what he foresees as the future of the team.

You unequivocally said that it was settled spiritually that the Super Eagles would win the Africa Cup of Nations before the tournament started, how do feel now that your prediction has come to pass even though not many Nigerians believed you at the initial stage?

First anybody that doesn’t believe in the ability of Nigerians and that Stephen Keshi being a black coach cannot lead the Super Eagles to beat the world best 11 should have his or her head re-examined. No to foreign coaches, Americans believe in themselves. I believe in Keshi’s ability. It does not matter what anybody says; as a living perfect master, I told you before the tournament that I had donated the trophy to President Goodluck Jonathan and nothing could have changed it. Three weeks before the tournament, I wrote to the Presidency and Keshi about Super Eagles’ victory. My next move now is to meet the coach, the crew of Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) and the Director General of Nigeria Sports Commission (NSC), Patrick Ekeji and ask them to give Maharaj Ji a test and see if he will not deliver again. Maharaj Ji is the true name of God.

How did you do it, I mean the donation of the cup? Tell us how you foresaw the victory?

This question is simple, and at the same time deeper than you think. It is like asking a fowl how does it crows or a dog how it barks. In early January, during one of our services, I pronounced the Super Eagles victory. You see, a living perfect master is already complete. That is why I am here. I make pronouncement on anything good and it will come to pass.

It is like me asking you how you write your stories for publication. The way you go about your duty, same thing goes for me in the spiritual. When the eagles were to play Ivory Coast, I just called Didier Drogba and other players in his country spiritually. I told them that they should forget the match, that I have given the trophy to Nigeria and that it would be handed over to President Goodluck Jonathan. The pronouncement from me is always automatic whenever I feel like.

During the Atlanta 1996 Olympic match when Brazil was leading Nigeria 3-1, some Igbo youths came to meet at my Festac Town Ashram in Lagos and challenged me. They said Maharaj Ji show your power. They were chanting Maharaj Ji Eyimba, Eyimba. Well, I told them to switch on the TV and when I meditated for a while, the result changed in favour of Nigeria. The match ended 4-3 in Nigeria’s favour. The youth were all over my place withbags of rice, garri and several gifts to show appreciation after the match. That is perfect master for you.

But what was going through your mind when the team was not living up to expectation of many Nigerians at the group stage. Were you also troubled or disturbed that they might fail to win the trophy?

I was not moved at all. Daily Independent published my statement that the Eagles will win on January 22. In my press release dated January 15, 2013, I said the grace of Chukwujekukukuku power of Maharaj Ji will touch the team to run at the speed of light, faster than any team in the world.

With the concern and love shown by a top shot of NFF, Maharaj Ji had to go into full marathon mediation with some of my clerics on the day Nigeria played Ivory Coast and the subsequent ones. The exclamation by the Malian goal keeper, Samassa was published in Complete Sports on February 8 after the Eagles trounced them 4-1 on page 14 saying thus: “I feel the team we played against was Brazil and not Nigeria we used to know. From my post, I was seeing more than 15 green shirts pouring forth against us and not the usual 10 players. They were strong, slippery, focused and pacy.” This is in line with my earlier statement in the release that they would run at the speed of light.

During the group stage, my devotees were the ones murmuring to me saying ‘Maharaj Ji, we don’tunderstand what is going on oh’. They say Ivory Coast is tough and the man to watch out for is Drogba. I shut them up that my word stands. If the president ask minster of education to relocate to transport ministry, will he or she say no that the president has no such power? I have made a pronouncement that the cup was coming to Nigeria and nothing changed it. I want Nigeria to have up to four different teams for the Super Eagles.

The coach should be given free hand to select his team without recourse to national character. Football is followed with serious passion all over the world. The players should be taken care of by insuring them so that their future is secured after retirement.

You were so passionate about the team, is any member of Super Eagles a devotee of Maharaj Ji?

Not one that I know for now. Lots of people have come to my village to receive knowledge and thereafter go to different direction across the world.

As the perfect master, you have been in the country since 1980, why did it take you 19 years after the 1994 victory of the Super Eagles in Tunisia to donate the trophy to your country?

By my grace and special appearance in January 1980, Nigeria won the first
Nation’s Cup trophy on home soil. Since 1994, when Nigeria won the cup, the polity has been over heated. However, the stability of Nigeria was not based on prayer but change of attitude. I was involved in the whole process. You would recall that for years, there have been negative reports about Maharaj Ji. It is like the Holy Spirit, you don’t say negative things about the spirit and get forgiven like that. They tried to castigate me for within this period that I was a money launder, a blood sucker and publish several bad things about me. But if you check since 2000, the negativity about Guru Maharaj Ji has changed. At least as a citizen of this country, I have a right of worship. So that is the reason.

You once said you reached out to coach Fanny Amun that won the 1993 FIFA under 17 trophy with the Golden Eaglets in Japan 1993 because of your grace and you also said you got across to the former eagles coach, Samson Siasia and he rebuffed you, well are you close to Keshi?

Well, I have not met him in person since his appointment, but I had written a letter to him. Three weeks before the tournament, when I wrote to the President that the cup had been donated to Nigeria, people were asking who am I. So the effort of other teams at the tournament doesn’t matter?

But frankly, I have never met Keshi as a person. During Clemens Westerhof’s time as the Super Eagles’ handler, he knew me. Victor Ikpeba, one of the players then can’t say he doesn’t know Guru Maharaj Ji.

If indeed you donated the Nation’s Cup, the Confederation is a bigger one coming up in June and the World Cup is the biggest by 2014 in Brazil. Are you donating the two trophies to Nigeria as well?

Let us see the reaction of government on this one that was donated first. We are using NEPA in Guru Village here. In African setting, if someone is good to you, it is only natural that you should also reciprocate the gesture to get more.

Does that mean you are going to be offended if the Eagles or government does not show appreciation to you because the team is not likely to pay you a thank you visit after all?

There are forces helping human beings all over the world, provided one is sincere.
Money is not everything. In my position, this is the first time I see the Nigerian public waking up. I am the one who has actually made it possible. My joy is to see Nigeria united. If we can use the same spirit and understanding that greeted the Super Eagles victory at the Nation’s Cup to view our political situation, then our problems will be solved in no distance time.
My own happiness is that now many people are shouting Maharaj Ji has done it. People ask me, are you God and I tell them I am not God. I am Sat Guru Maharaj Ji.

If you are not looking forward to appreciation from the Eagles, what else do you desire?

The moment that there is an understanding for us to recognise what we are and who we are, on that premise, anything good can happen. If the Eagles, officials of the NSC or NFF want to visit me, no problem. That would not stop me from doing what I deem fit for them whenever they are playing future matches.

If they ask me what is to be done, I will tell them but mark my word, Eagles will beat the world’s best eleven. The power that brought me here will always make provision for whatever I need through anybody.

But you have tactically refused to tell us emphatically what becomes of the Super Eagles at the Confederation Cup and the World Cup in Brazil if the team qualifies?

Nigeria will remain strong and virile as a nation. For the very first time, since the inception of the Goodluck presidency, the patriotic fervour of Nigerian soared to high heaven with the recent victory of the Super Eagles at the just concluded Africa Cup of Nations in South Africa.

For once, Nigerians forgot their socio-political, economical and security challenges and they proudly celebrated in unison the Super Eagles victory which confirmed Nigeria as king of soccer in Africa in 2013. The victory that came our way during the AFCON championship campaign was divinity’s game plan of Maharaj Ji to enlighten the hearts of Nigerian for them to have trust and confidence in the Goodluck presidency which was purely the handiwork of divine providence of Sat Guru Maharaj Ji. With patience on the part of Nigerians, the human faced transformation agenda of Goodluck will bring barrage of surprises and goodluck to Nigerians. Congratulations to all Nigerians, my love and blessings.

http://dailyindependentnig.com/2013/02/how-i-foresaw-super-eagles-victory-guru-maharaj-ji/

Re: How I Foresaw Super Eagles’ Victory – Guru Maharaj Ji by takedat(m): 7:36am On Feb 23, 2013
[Quote author=Maxymilliano]

I said the grace of Chukwujekukukuku power of Maharaj Ji will touch the team to run at the speed of light, faster than any team in the world.
[/quote] grin grin grin did not know he got his power from Ibo land!
Re: How I Foresaw Super Eagles’ Victory – Guru Maharaj Ji by jideolasoji(m): 7:43am On Feb 23, 2013
What has he been doing all dis while when super eagles slums... Let him say a word about the confideration cup.. I will surely pay him a visit after the victory
Re: How I Foresaw Super Eagles’ Victory – Guru Maharaj Ji by CeCeBillz(f): 8:33am On Feb 23, 2013
De story is too long
Re: How I Foresaw Super Eagles’ Victory – Guru Maharaj Ji by Baba419(m): 9:08am On Feb 23, 2013
Didn't read the story but this man should just STFU!

(1) (Reply)

Keshi Treathens To Drop Super Eagls Star Sunday Mba / Why I Didn't Win The World Best Footbller Award In 1992 - Abedi Pele / Eagles To Wear White Against Tahiti

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.