Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,389 members, 7,822,803 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 05:12 PM

Severe Heating Of The Driver And Front Passengers Floor, What Is The Cause? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Severe Heating Of The Driver And Front Passengers Floor, What Is The Cause? (857 Views)

Driver And Conductor Feared Dead As Trailer Loaded With Goods Falls In Lagos / Graphic Pics: Passengers In Danfo Bus Badly Burnt After Fuel Stored Exploded / Ghastly Accident Along Ilesha Road Crushed All Passengers Dead(Graphic Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Severe Heating Of The Driver And Front Passengers Floor, What Is The Cause? by fratochi: 1:02pm On Feb 23, 2013
The driver and front passenger floor of my SUV heats up while in motion, to the point that the hotness is felt on the hand gear, please house what can cause this, and what are the likely solutions. Please help.
Re: Severe Heating Of The Driver And Front Passengers Floor, What Is The Cause? by Nobody: 1:42pm On Feb 23, 2013
fratochi: The driver and front passenger floor of my SUV heats up while in motion, to the point that the hotness is felt on the hand gear, please house what can cause this, and what are the likely solutions. Please help.

Again, I have no idea what SUV you run, as you've given no details.

Make?
Model?
Model year?
Engine size?
Transmission type?

A leaking exhaust / catalyst, or even a dead catalyst can cause excessive heat build-up under the vehicle, in the transmission tunnel area. A blocked catalyst can actually glow red.

I would also have the underside of your SUV checked, to make sure all heatshields are in place.
Re: Severe Heating Of The Driver And Front Passengers Floor, What Is The Cause? by fratochi: 1:53pm On Feb 23, 2013
@ siena, thanks a million for the info, the suv is nissan xterra se, 4wd, 2000 model, v6 3.3l engine, automatic transmission, please. What are the consequencies of driving-on since I am not exactly close to a mechanic right now, and are the possible remedies? Thanks again
Re: Severe Heating Of The Driver And Front Passengers Floor, What Is The Cause? by sultaan(m): 8:10pm On Feb 23, 2013
Your check engine light is on.

Severe misfire dumping fuel into your cat so its glowing.

Siena will explain the rest.
Re: Severe Heating Of The Driver And Front Passengers Floor, What Is The Cause? by nissparts(m): 12:06am On Feb 24, 2013
Catalyst converter most likely but surely you must have other symptoms.
If not then it could be the heat-shields as earlier suggested.
Re: Severe Heating Of The Driver And Front Passengers Floor, What Is The Cause? by fratochi: 6:54am On Feb 24, 2013
Thanks guys, I really appreciate, @siena, do you still have something for me, please does any know the address of a very competent xterra mechanic around, please help.

(1) (Reply)

5 Top Causes Of A Vibrating Car / Urgent! I Need Toyota Camry Muscle, 4 Cylinders Vvt-i Catalyst Converters. / Photo: The First 3 Letters Of This Lagos License Plate Represents

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.