Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,203 members, 7,818,674 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:38 PM

How Can I Password-protect My Files???? - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / How Can I Password-protect My Files???? (905 Views)

How To Protect My Blog From Hackers / How To Protect My Excel Spreadsheets With A Password? / Pls How Can I Protect My Pin Vocher + Scratch Card (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can I Password-protect My Files???? by freezzz: 1:09am On Feb 24, 2013
embarassed embarassedPlease all gurus and everyone in the house and all over, I need to password or encrypt some of my lipsrsealed[b]sensitive[/b] in Ms Word and PDF formats. I would really love your sincere input on this asap smiley. And I don't mind if I can do them in other File Formats like Jpeg or sort, thanks.
Re: How Can I Password-protect My Files???? by maximale: 11:29am On Feb 24, 2013
if what you're looking for is a folder or file passworder or protector, download Iobit Protected Folder
Re: How Can I Password-protect My Files???? by royalprince: 10:43am On Feb 25, 2013
I had setup password and id on my Word documents. but few days later I forgot the used password. This was the very irritating condition for me. In that case I use Office password recovery option. Using this tool I get able to access and modify my files.
Re: How Can I Password-protect My Files???? by ewosk: 11:10pm On Feb 27, 2013
download folder lock...,copy the necessary files into a folder nd lock
Re: How Can I Password-protect My Files???? by AgiliRon: 9:50am On Mar 01, 2013
Hello Friends,

Before password protecting any document you may wish to create a backup of the non-password protected folder and files in case you forget the password in the future.
The majority of Microsoft Windows operating systems do not come with a method of password protecting your sensitive files and folders. If you're using Microsoft Windows 3.x, Windows 95, Windows 98, you will need to download or purchase a third-party program to password protect your files and folders in Windows; skip down to the other security solutions section if you're using one of these operating systems.
If you need to password protect files or folders that you do not frequently use, one of the simplest ways is to compress the folder and files with a compression utility and password protect the compressed file. However, each time you wish to work or modify the files you will need to uncompress the files using the password.

Thanks and Regards,
Agili Ron

agiliron.com

(1) (Reply)

Wireless Amplifiers And 18db Omni Antenna.......abuja / Battle Of The Os: Windows 8 Vs Windows 10 / How To Make Chrome And Firefox Faster With Just One Click

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.