Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,803 members, 7,827,951 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 08:00 PM

Salvation: Which Method Is Biblical? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Salvation: Which Method Is Biblical? (686 Views)

Boko Haram: It Is Biblical For Christiansto Defend Themselves — Bagobiri / I Agree Tithing Is Biblical - So Where Does The Money Go? / Do You Know That It Is Biblical To Call A Woman A B-i-t-c-h ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Salvation: Which Method Is Biblical? by OluEmmaAss: 10:02am On Feb 24, 2013
Some churches believe that to be saved, a person should personally pray with a contrite heart, confessing all his/her sins to God and thereafter make restitution to the people (s)he has wronged. In most churches, however the pastor calls the persons to the front of congregation, prays for them, and thereafter declares them born again. Which method is biblical? Does any man have the power to pray for another's sins to be forgiven?
Re: Salvation: Which Method Is Biblical? by okeyxyz(m): 6:29pm On Feb 24, 2013
Both methods are simply adding their own traditions to the main christian doctrine. Christian salvation only requires that you believe in the deliverance that jesus's death & ressurection brings. This gives you salvation and makes you a participator in the kingdom of heaven. Shikena!!!

1 Like

Re: Salvation: Which Method Is Biblical? by Goshen360(m): 6:54pm On Feb 24, 2013
@ OP, CHRISTIANity is not the same as CHURCHianity
Re: Salvation: Which Method Is Biblical? by OluEmmaAss: 1:01pm On Feb 25, 2013
Goshen360: @ OP, CHRISTIANity is not the same as CHURCHianity
What does the bible say on this issue?
Re: Salvation: Which Method Is Biblical? by OluEmmaAss: 8:51am On Feb 27, 2013
What method is practiced in your church?
Re: Salvation: Which Method Is Biblical? by Ubenedictus(m): 10:52am On Feb 27, 2013
Olu-Emma & Ass.:
Some churches believe that to be saved, a person should personally pray with a contrite heart, confessing all his/her sins to God and thereafter make restitution to the people (s)he has wronged. In most churches, however the pastor calls the persons to the front of congregation, prays for them, and thereafter declares them born again. Which method is biblical? Does any man have the power to pray for another's sins to be forgiven?
d only biblical way i know is to repent, to believe and to be baptised for d forgiveness of sins and d reception of d holyspirit.
That is what i preach, that is what d word of God say.
Re: Salvation: Which Method Is Biblical? by ichuka(m): 2:15pm On Feb 27, 2013
John 3:16
New International Version (NIV)
16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever* BELIEVES* in Him shall not perish but have eternal life
You don't do anything to be save,you only believe
Re: Salvation: Which Method Is Biblical? by Joagbaje(m): 8:09pm On Feb 27, 2013
A sinner ,has no sin to confess .

2 Corinthians 5:17
Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: . ..

So confession of sins is not pre requisite to salvation. Salvation is by faith in the saving power of the name of Jesus. The basic steps to salvation is simple. Firstly for the man to realize that he inherited sin through Adam transgression. And only through faith in christ can he be saved . And the next step after that is to confess the lordship of Jesus over his life.

Romans 10:10
For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
Re: Salvation: Which Method Is Biblical? by F00028: 8:29pm On Feb 27, 2013
according to Jesus Christ:

sincerely love God and your neighbors as yourself (Luke 10:25-28),

keep the commandments (Luke 18:18-30),
Re: Salvation: Which Method Is Biblical? by aurenflani: 10:56pm On Feb 27, 2013
okeyxyz: Both methods are simply adding their own traditions to the main christian doctrine. Christian salvation only requires that you believe in the deliverance that jesus's death & ressurection brings. This gives you salvation and makes you a participator in the kingdom of heaven. Shikena!!!

Salvation is to witness that there is no god but Allah and Muhammad is the messenger of Allah. Allahu akbar.
Re: Salvation: Which Method Is Biblical? by aurenflani: 10:58pm On Feb 27, 2013
Joagbaje: A sinner ,has no sin to confess .

2 Corinthians 5:17
Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: . ..

So confession of sins is not pre requisite to salvation. Salvation is by faith in the saving power of the name of Jesus. The basic steps to salvation is simple. Firstly for the man to realize that he inherited sin through Adam transgression. And only through faith in christ can he be saved . And the next step after that is to confess the lordship of Jesus over his life.

Romans 10:10
For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

These are Paul's words. Jesus said keep the commandments.
Re: Salvation: Which Method Is Biblical? by Yvete(f): 11:21pm On Feb 27, 2013
Yea, I believe that a Pastor can ask for forgiveness of sins for another through the process of confession of sins (as long as they are in agreement i.e. Amen). Basically, the mission of Pastors is to preach the gospel and reconcile man with God anyways.
Re: Salvation: Which Method Is Biblical? by italo: 11:22pm On Feb 27, 2013
"Good teacher, what must I do to inherit eternal life?"--The rich young man.

"Keep the commandments"--Jesus Christ.
Re: Salvation: Which Method Is Biblical? by OluEmmaAss: 6:20pm On Feb 28, 2013
Yvete: A Pastor can ask for forgiveness of sins for another through the process of confession of sins
Who prays for conversion- pastor or intending convertee?
Re: Salvation: Which Method Is Biblical? by italo: 8:35pm On Feb 28, 2013
Yvete: Yea, I believe that a Pastor can ask for forgiveness of sins for another through the process of confession of sins (as long as they are in agreement i.e. Amen). Basically, the mission of Pastors is to preach the gospel and reconcile man with God anyways.

Pentecostal "pastor" or Catholic priest?
Re: Salvation: Which Method Is Biblical? by OluEmmaAss: 8:53pm On Feb 28, 2013
italo:

Pentecostal "pastor" or Catholic priest?
Pentecostals do it more!
Re: Salvation: Which Method Is Biblical? by Joagbaje(m): 12:04am On Mar 01, 2013
aurenflani:

These are Paul's words. Jesus said keep the commandments.

Can you quote the passage where he said so
Re: Salvation: Which Method Is Biblical? by F00028: 6:57am On Mar 01, 2013
Joagbaje:

Can you quote the passage where he said so
keep the commandments (Luke 18:18-30),
Re: Salvation: Which Method Is Biblical? by italo: 7:28am On Mar 01, 2013
Olu-Emma & Ass.:
Pentecostals do it more!

Pentecostals have "Confession?!"

...And Pentecostals attack Catholics for having Confession!

Why the hypocrisy? What have we done to them to deserve such hatred?

...Anyway, let's not derail the thread.
Re: Salvation: Which Method Is Biblical? by OluEmmaAss: 1:14pm On Mar 01, 2013
italo:

Pentecostals have "Confession?!"

Doesn't involve stating your sins and happens ONLY during altar call. Repentees often repeat after the pastor or silently acknowledge a statement like 'I am a sinner, Jesus forgive me my sins. Come into my life. I am now born again. I am a child of God.'

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Christian Church Opens Doors To Muslims For Prays / Psychic Predictions / End Is Not Yet!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.