Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,224 members, 7,818,769 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:31 AM

Ashish Thakkar – Africa’s Youngest Billionaire - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Ashish Thakkar – Africa’s Youngest Billionaire (26005 Views)

Ladi Delano: Nigeria's Youngest Billionaire [pictured] / African Billionaire, Ashish Thakkar Attacks U.S. Billionaire, Donald Trump / Youngest Billionaire Still Bikes To Work (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ashish Thakkar – Africa’s Youngest Billionaire by Electronzeez(m): 4:29pm On Feb 25, 2013
If dz guy is from nigeria.people would have called him ritualist.am so inspired.moral lesson there is no magic to success,success start from an inplemented idea.am nt 2 old to be the youngest billionaire in nja.amen.
Re: Ashish Thakkar – Africa’s Youngest Billionaire by luckgood(m): 4:31pm On Feb 25, 2013
WE DON'T NEED TO BE REMINDED AGAIN THAT MAKING IT IN LIFE IS NOT BY VIRTUE OF ONE'S CERTIFICATE, GRADE OR PROFESSION. THIS YOUNG MAN AS PROVED THAT...KUDOS ASHISH!

2 Likes

Re: Ashish Thakkar – Africa’s Youngest Billionaire by Nobody: 4:33pm On Feb 25, 2013
AB$I:
mumu like u. The guy is half ur age wit all these stuffs in and around him, and you are there doing 1st to comment. Get a life goathead
no mind the guy at his foolish age he is still shouting first to comment when his mate is living his dreams.
Re: Ashish Thakkar – Africa’s Youngest Billionaire by Kennykenty(m): 4:36pm On Feb 25, 2013
You are not an african man jo o. If u are, why are u not resemble my grandfather
Re: Ashish Thakkar – Africa’s Youngest Billionaire by OkikiOluwa1(m): 4:39pm On Feb 25, 2013
Really learned alot of positive stuffs. God bless that mod that brought this thread to the FP. Kisses.
Re: Ashish Thakkar – Africa’s Youngest Billionaire by Nobody: 4:40pm On Feb 25, 2013
Kennykenty: You are not an african man jo o. If u are, why are u not resemble my grandfather
why are you not resemble my grandfather?listen to what you have just said and correct yourself
Re: Ashish Thakkar – Africa’s Youngest Billionaire by Ijebulogic(m): 4:41pm On Feb 25, 2013
Lucasbalo: . You should be ashamed of yourself . The guy is a consumate businessman. His story should be an inspiration to u. Stop begrudging his success.

Seriously Are you trying to whitewash the fact that this man conned his first customer and is smug and proud of it? I wonder why you feel i should be ashamed of myself for speaking the truth? I have no ill feelings towards the man o!! he wont be the first or the last business man to build an empire from defrauding customers...my real concern is with all the young men and women posting on how "inspired" they are by this man. Lets just call a spade a spade and stop trying to defend the indefensible.
Re: Ashish Thakkar – Africa’s Youngest Billionaire by BankuTilapia: 4:47pm On Feb 25, 2013
Ile-Ife:
i do not accept him as African. he is either arab or indian. just my opinion.
Who gives a phuck if u don't accept him as an African, ur opinion is irrelevant. BIGOT

1 Like

Re: Ashish Thakkar – Africa’s Youngest Billionaire by Genergo(m): 5:05pm On Feb 25, 2013
Very inspiring!
Re: Ashish Thakkar – Africa’s Youngest Billionaire by sunnshyn(f): 5:06pm On Feb 25, 2013
Ijebulogic:

Seriously Are you trying to whitewash the fact that this man conned his first customer and is smug and proud of it? I wonder why you feel i should be ashamed of myself for speaking the truth? I have no ill feelings towards the man o!! he wont be the first or the last business man to build an empire from defrauding customers...my real concern is with all the young men and women posting on how "inspired" they are by this man. Lets just call a spade a spade and stop trying to defend the indefensible.

If i may ask you sir. what exactly is your point sir? going by your posts, then all business people are fraudsters, isnt it? I thought people did businesses to make profits? abi has the concepts of business suddenly changed? please educate me, i want to learn...tx

2 Likes

Re: Ashish Thakkar – Africa’s Youngest Billionaire by BankuTilapia: 5:11pm On Feb 25, 2013
Kennykenty: You are not an african man jo o. If u are, why are u not resemble my grandfather
grin cheesy grin grin grin grin cheesy grin cheesy grin grin cheesy cheesy grin grin cheesy cheesy grin grin grin grin .. pls next time just type in your local dialect because i nearly went blind reading this.
Re: Ashish Thakkar – Africa’s Youngest Billionaire by kkkp: 5:12pm On Feb 25, 2013
Keep quite n go and sleep..many ppl dnt knw CONSPIRACY OF THE RICH..I will share it wit u later
Ijebulogic:

Re: Ashish Thakkar – Africa’s Youngest Billionaire by carmelion(f): 5:15pm On Feb 25, 2013
God bless your hustle man!smileySuch stories inspires me.One key to success is to START!.By virtue of time,it will grow.it is never going to be easy but if you persevere ,it will pay off

2 Likes

Re: Ashish Thakkar – Africa’s Youngest Billionaire by kasonud(m): 5:22pm On Feb 25, 2013
~vicky~:
Inspiring!

Wealth--he gatrit
Handsome--he's blessed!
and to think he's d youngest Billionaire grin
i have his contact info..
Re: Ashish Thakkar – Africa’s Youngest Billionaire by Nobody: 5:26pm On Feb 25, 2013
Banku&Tilapia:

grin cheesy grin grin grin grin cheesy grin cheesy grin grin cheesy cheesy grin grin cheesy cheesy grin grin grin grin .. pls next time just type in your local dialect because i nearly went blind reading this.
hahaha the guy wants to kills us with grammar

1 Like

Re: Ashish Thakkar – Africa’s Youngest Billionaire by ypzilanti: 5:26pm On Feb 25, 2013
azpekuliar:

Why did you edit na...the romance section guy who has set a target, to sleep with 100 girls before August!...grin I hope he reads this and gives his life some purpose.

grin grin grin. I hope they give him an award when he is done. Maybe he can put it in his resume too.
Re: Ashish Thakkar – Africa’s Youngest Billionaire by carmelion(f): 5:36pm On Feb 25, 2013
Ijebulogic:

i know we cant see things from the same angle,but i don't think i would call this fraud.the young man only took advantage of an opportunity (which only comes but once).I am sure he has been thinking about starting his business longtime ago,but capital was only his only obstacle.

Was it because the man was his fathers friend not a random customer that came to the market?Was it because he didn't rent a shop to display the laptop?

Defraud?As in the laptop is not working or what?Did you read anywhere that the laptop became faulty and the buyers returned it?.Talking about price ,the only true price of a commodity is the value price from the manufacturers ie after calculating there expenditure.Every other price is profit/ artificial

So everybody is a fraudster right?

Bro please,you might want to rephrase that your statement.

On repeat,he inspired me!

1 Like

Re: Ashish Thakkar – Africa’s Youngest Billionaire by Nobody: 5:39pm On Feb 25, 2013
Great post! i remember searching him out on twitter the first time i heard about him. He's doing amazing work with the mentorship programme, especially in Uganda etc. They have a weekly programme on The BEAT fm, every saturday.

Now, i understand why he was all out on a photograph of a malnourished child posted by some foreign aids on the internet.

Weldone, Mara Groups
Weldone Ashish
Re: Ashish Thakkar – Africa’s Youngest Billionaire by segello58(m): 5:40pm On Feb 25, 2013
Funny enough I think it has to do with luck (he is fortunate) because quit lot of people have try one way or the other and didn't make it that big due to challenges,
I think the Government should encourage enterprenuer effort with loan, less rent, power supply, business support rather them imagining that u had made all the money at infant age, tax will come, Lassa will come that means you must not advertise at infant stage if u do not have money, you run generator all day,you can't get loan and you have spend all you got and yet you need to invest more because that's just the only message your business is communicating to you. And some fellow came frome the local government to serve me radio and tv use charge plus car parking (despite I told them I don't have a car they said my customer will) N250 000 imagine I just laugh. To bad and now u talk about unemployment? He didn't face all this discouraging issues

1 Like

Re: Ashish Thakkar – Africa’s Youngest Billionaire by speeder(m): 6:04pm On Feb 25, 2013
Man, just hang on, if I don't become the youngest Billionaire, reserve the post for the oldest billionaire in my name "Okoli Chinedu". Just someday.

Re: Ashish Thakkar – Africa’s Youngest Billionaire by BankuTilapia: 6:09pm On Feb 25, 2013
Ijebulogic: A business empire based on lies and started by defrauding his first customer. Ashish sold a used cheap computer as a new one and $100 above retail price and seems to be proud of himself. It seems the saying that "behind every great wealth, there is a great crime" holds true.
Fraud? I thought you said one of your new year's resolutions is to respond sensibly to any thread on Nairaland but looking at buffoonery, tomfoolnery and a vast amount of shallow mindedness you are exhibiting here, i can conclude without any reasonable doubt that you have a long way to go. grin grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy
Re: Ashish Thakkar – Africa’s Youngest Billionaire by phreakabit(m): 6:10pm On Feb 25, 2013

Youngest [size=18pt]AFRICAN[/size] billionaire. . . . . Am i missing something here? Indeed Africa is bastardized!

2 Likes

Re: Ashish Thakkar – Africa’s Youngest Billionaire by caesaraba(m): 6:15pm On Feb 25, 2013
segello58: Funny enough I think it has to do with luck (he is fortunate) because quit lot of people have try one way or the other and didn't make it that big due to challenges,
I think the Government should encourage enterprenuer effort with loan, less rent, power supply, business support rather them imagining that u had made all the money at infant age, tax will come, Lassa will come that means you must not advertise at infant stage if u do not have money, you run generator all day,you can't get loan and you have spend all you got and yet you need to invest more because that's just the only message your business is communicating to you. And some fellow came frome the local government to serve me radio and tv use charge plus car parking (despite I told them I don't have a car they said my customer will) N250 000 imagine I just laugh. To bad and now u talk about unemployment? He didn't face all this discouraging issues

Two things I disagree with:

1. Luck - I don't think his success is due to luck. A very huge determinant of success is passion. And that is one thing that separates 'exceptional business men' from 'business men.'

2. Government Aid - Having that mindset will only kill a person's business / entrepreneurial potentials. If you look critically at the issue of loans, the major reason why the impact of past government loan schemes (Agriculture and S.M.E's) are not felt positively on our economy is largely due to the fact that they come from Government! Most are of the opinion that "government money na our money" so are not really pressed to utilize these monies judiciously as required. (Just reason the rest complete).

For example: A person who gives up his family land as collateral in order to secure a loan from a bank in order to fuel his business idea is more likely to succeed than someone who got a non-interest loan from a Government scheme (probably through 'man-know-man' things).

Gold has to pass through fire wink.

3 Likes

Re: Ashish Thakkar – Africa’s Youngest Billionaire by cdoffx(m): 6:16pm On Feb 25, 2013
Inspiring and motivating. Valuable lessons noted in my brain
Re: Ashish Thakkar – Africa’s Youngest Billionaire by Orikinla(m): 6:32pm On Feb 25, 2013
Two things make most millionaires and billionaires and none of them is hard work.
Just opportunity and chance.
If you see an opportunity and you take the chance on it, you will make it in most cases.
This is what I have seen in most cases and I have something similar now worth over N1 billion in market value. And I am on my second opportunity launching later this year.
All in the entertainment industry where the next Nigerian billionaires will emerge within the next 10 years. And two of them are old boys of the same school.
Re: Ashish Thakkar – Africa’s Youngest Billionaire by solaceguy(m): 6:36pm On Feb 25, 2013
K
Re: Ashish Thakkar – Africa’s Youngest Billionaire by phreakabit(m): 6:44pm On Feb 25, 2013
segello58: [s]Funny enough I think it has to do with luck (he is fortunate) because quit lot of people have try one way or the other and didn't make it that big due to challenges,[/s]
[size=18pt] I think the Government should encourage enterprenuer effort with loan, less rent, power supply, business support rather them imagining that u had made all the money at infant age, tax will come, Lassa will come that means you must not advertise at infant stage if u do not have money, you run generator all day,you can't get loan and you have spend all you got and yet you need to invest more because that's just the only message your business is communicating to you. And some fellow came frome the local government to serve me radio and tv use charge plus car parking (despite I told them I don't have a car they said my customer will) N250 000 imagine I just laugh. To bad and now u talk about unemployment? He didn't face all this discouraging issues[/size]

Words of a realist! There's a reason America and Europe respectively produce hundreds of millionaires annually and Africa always has the same old faces. Except for some yahoo boys who you can't really blame for doing what they do. . . . You honestly can't!

1 Like

Re: Ashish Thakkar – Africa’s Youngest Billionaire by PAGAN9JA(m): 6:44pm On Feb 25, 2013
deal_ordea:

People still need to understand sub-Saharan Africa or take even East Africa. Each of these countries is an independent case study. You can’t copy and paste anything. You have to localize it. The culture is different. The vision is different. The leadership is different. The jurisdiction and laws are different. Policy is different. The mindset is different. You have to plug into each country being very local. And that’s very important. [size=16pt]Unfortunately right now, we really generalize the continent and that’s very wrong [/size].

[size=16pt]WELL SAID MR. THAKKAR! KUDOS!

DEATH TO THOSE USELESS AKATA-BRED PAN-AFRICANISTS![/size] angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Ashish Thakkar – Africa’s Youngest Billionaire by fastlane84: 6:54pm On Feb 25, 2013
Ijebulogic: A business empire based on lies and started by defrauding his first customer. Ashish sold a used cheap computer as a new one and $100 above retail price and seems to be proud of himself. It seems the saying that "behind every great wealth, there is a great crime" holds true.

C them
Re: Ashish Thakkar – Africa’s Youngest Billionaire by phreakabit(m): 6:54pm On Feb 25, 2013
[size=16pt]Africa is a nutcase and a bastardized failed continent. Thats the best way to describe it.

Richest people in Asia are Asian
Richest people in America are Americans
Richest people in Europe are Europeans . . . . . Africa has an Indian being the richest youth / young person in Africa bravo![/size]
Re: Ashish Thakkar – Africa’s Youngest Billionaire by prettyboi1(m): 6:54pm On Feb 25, 2013
Nice one there my man....
I'm on my way,see you at the top soon.
Re: Ashish Thakkar – Africa’s Youngest Billionaire by YorubaOmoge: 6:55pm On Feb 25, 2013
Dude looks Indian

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Who Else Has Not Made Money Online? / How To Start A POS Business In Nigeria / AGSMEIS - Nirsal Loan Applicants Rejected By Government

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.