Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,996 members, 7,825,080 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 06:06 AM

Good Professional Electrician - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Good Professional Electrician (703 Views)

Pictures Of The Car Electrician That Stole Comedian Ogusbaba Wife's Car Revealed / Need Knowledgeable, Professional Electrician In PH / Searching For A Skilled Jeep Liberty Mechanic And Electrician (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Good Professional Electrician by engrbrume(m): 2:22pm On Feb 25, 2013
Hey guys... I just got this 2005/06 Chrysler 300 2.7l base.I changed the headlights and I want to replace the stock radio with a DIN II head unit with reverse camera. Does anyone know any electrician in Lagos who can install both properly for me? Thanks in advance for your help.

Re: Good Professional Electrician by sultaan(m): 11:41pm On Feb 27, 2013
I won't do that if I was you.

Go to the 300 forum, buy the harness first and then find what it takes to do it before finding an electrician.

Problem starts when they start cutting into wires.

http://www.300cforums.com/forums/european-diesel-powered-300-models/79338-radio-upgrade-2.html

You will also need bezel for the face search on youtube
Re: Good Professional Electrician by ZIMDRILL(m): 1:47am On Feb 28, 2013
engrbrume: Hey guys... I just got this 2005/06 Chrysler 300 2.7l base.I changed the headlights and I want to replace the stock radio with a DIN II head unit with reverse camera. Does anyone know any electrician in Lagos who can install both properly for me? Thanks in advance for your help.

1st thing 1st like someone said you need to get an adaptor, that adaptor is used to link the orignal radio wires without cutting them, then the other end connects to the new radio hope the new radio has an ISO CONNECTION aka the now standard connection for radios

then for reverse camera, the trick is where to mount it , but the wiring is dead easy, the video cable will run from radio to the boot under the carpets, depending if the video cable has also power to the camera, you get power from the reverse light , positive supply from reverse light and negitive from the body, this way the camera comes on when engage into reverse

the trick is to make the camera not visible it has to blend in to the car so

(1) (Reply)

Buying New or tokumbo Carburrector. Which is better? / Peugeot 504 (help Needed) / The Specified Amount Of Air To Put In Your Tires

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.