Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,793 members, 7,817,288 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:36 AM

Goldie Death:there Is No Love In The Industry- Keke Ogungbe - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Goldie Death:there Is No Love In The Industry- Keke Ogungbe (2743 Views)

Kenny Ogungbe's Daughter Graduates Photos / AY Apologizes To Keke Ogungbe And D1 Over Grammy Awards Joke / Keke Ogungbe Said "i Don't Shop Where Nigerians Shop Abroad" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Goldie Death:there Is No Love In The Industry- Keke Ogungbe by olokfor: 9:11pm On Feb 25, 2013
CEO Kennis music label spoke on Goldie’s death at her funeral which took place at the Vaults and Gardens, Ikoyi, Lagos.

Mr Kenny said ” You know I am a good communicator but today I don’t have enough words to communicate with ”. He continued ” She was lovely, talented, respected, intelligent and creative soul which she showcased through her numerous works. It can be believed she is gone not only gone but gone too soon. It is painful you have to leave on St. valentines day. mayalmighty God grant her soul eternal rest, Amen. Goldie will be forever remembered.

Love each other.. There is no love in the industry. There is competition in the industry. When she was alive I can tell you stories. You will hear all kind of talks and all kind of things about her. Nobody is real cos no one is real. There is no good day to go to heaven so while you are still here, Love yourselves.
We will leave someday but we don’t know.
Goldie was buried at the Vaults and Garden, Ikoyi, Lagos on February 25th, 2013. May her soul rest in peace.

SOURCE- www.informationnaija.com/kenny-keke-ogungbe-speaks-on-goldies-death-there-is-no-love-in-the-industry/

Re: Goldie Death:there Is No Love In The Industry- Keke Ogungbe by tpia5: 9:16pm On Feb 25, 2013
Why was the first thread deleted.

Anyway, like i said, on to the next one, the show must go on.
Re: Goldie Death:there Is No Love In The Industry- Keke Ogungbe by Wisetalk1: 10:55pm On Feb 25, 2013
What a sad end.... VANITY UPON VANITY, ALL IS .........please help me complete it.
Re: Goldie Death:there Is No Love In The Industry- Keke Ogungbe by tpia5: 1:07am On Feb 26, 2013
You will hear all kind of talks and all kind of things about her

except the fact that she was married.
Re: Goldie Death:there Is No Love In The Industry- Keke Ogungbe by tpia5: 1:07am On Feb 26, 2013
Nobody is real cos no one is real.

ok, fair enough.
Re: Goldie Death:there Is No Love In The Industry- Keke Ogungbe by Nobody: 12:25pm On Feb 26, 2013
She herself was not real enough, I was a great fan of hers yet I never knew she was married. Why does she have to keep it away from people that she was married. Not good enough. That's not the way to keep ur family life from the public. RIP GOLDIE
Re: Goldie Death:there Is No Love In The Industry- Keke Ogungbe by Nobody: 12:26pm On Feb 26, 2013
Nobody is real cos no one is real
cool
Re: Goldie Death:there Is No Love In The Industry- Keke Ogungbe by Nobody: 12:27pm On Feb 26, 2013
Timothy Ozovehe: She herself was not real enough, I was a great fan of hers yet I never knew she was married. Why does she have to keep it away from people that she was married. Not good enough. That's not the way to keep ur family life from the public. RIP GOLDIE
dafuq, must you know everything about her cos she was a celebrity?
Re: Goldie Death:there Is No Love In The Industry- Keke Ogungbe by Lilimax(f): 12:41pm On Feb 26, 2013
Lesson from her death is for me to live each day as if it is my last day. Love people around me, eschew evil and do good...
Re: Goldie Death:there Is No Love In The Industry- Keke Ogungbe by tpia5: 4:33pm On Feb 26, 2013
prickly: dafuq, must you know everything about her cos she was a celebrity?

yes.

if the rest of us are being monitored in minute detail, why should so called "nigerian" and other celebrities pull these kinds of pranks?

do they see us as so s.tupid?
Re: Goldie Death:there Is No Love In The Industry- Keke Ogungbe by Nobody: 4:49pm On Feb 26, 2013
tpia@:

yes.

if the rest of us are being monitored in minute detail, why should so called "nigerian" and other celebrities pull these kinds of pranks?

do they see us as so s.tupid?

that's not reason enough to know everything about her, you have your own life and secrets, she on the other hand is also entitled to having hers.
She deemed keeping her marriage a secret appropriate, she had reasons which were best known to herself.
it was her decision and we have to respect that.
Re: Goldie Death:there Is No Love In The Industry- Keke Ogungbe by tpia5: 4:56pm On Feb 26, 2013
she had the choice of keeping herself out of the public eye, its not by force to be a celebrity.

if you want to talk of what anyone is entitled to, it wouldnt be open scamming.

doubtless you have your own secrets (probably gay related) which you're projecting over, however, that doesnt change the fact that she wasnt the first celebrity and neither will she be the last.

why was it so important for her to keep her marriage secret and fool the public into believing she was single? Answer that question please.

was there no single woman in the whole of nigeria, who could prance around n.aked on stage and do whatever else she was doing (bba, etc)?

do celebrities elsewhere not let people know they're married?

the only argument i expect you to put forward is maybe its hard for marriages to survive the nigerian entertainment scene (still not enough excuse especially with the prezzo angle), not some sense of "entitlement" which makes you consider your audience as fools.

are the rest of us not also "entitled" to our privacy? Instead of which we're paraded 24/7 like goldfish in a bowl?
Re: Goldie Death:there Is No Love In The Industry- Keke Ogungbe by tpia5: 5:27pm On Feb 26, 2013
Re: Goldie Death:there Is No Love In The Industry- Keke Ogungbe by Nobody: 5:40pm On Feb 26, 2013
tpia@:
she had the choice of keeping herself out of the public eye, its not by force to be a celebrity.
Yes she had a choice and she choose to be a celebrity, her decision.

if you want to talk of what anyone is entitled to, it wouldnt be open scamming.
what scamming? When did living a secret life become scamming, she never forced you to believe anything you only choose to believe her, if she were alive would you sue her for that?

doubtless you have your own secrets (probably gay related) which you're projecting over, however, that doesnt change the fact that she wasnt the first celebrity and neither will she be the last.

Lmao and you had to use a secret that's gay related why? Well that's btw.

why was it so important for her to keep her marriage secret and fool the public into believing she was single? Answer that question please.[quote] she fooled most of the public but not everyone, those that really mattered and were very close to her to her knew about the wedding, those who were fooled got fooled because they choose to be fooled, you see it as getting fooled i see it as someone living her life, being a celebrity is all about money, fame and power, a man's gotta do what a man's gotta do, its all survival instincts.

[quote]was there no single woman in the whole of nigeria, who could prance around n.aked on stage and do whatever else she was doing (bba, etc)?
I'm not a fan of BBA so i don't know about this.

do celebrities elsewhere not let people know they're married?
its bad when you begin to live your life based on what other people do, that's why its called MY LIFE it was her life to live, that other celebrities let people know that they are married doesn't mean every celebrity around the globe should, they let the world know they're married but have other secrets, i choose to let the world know about me but decided to keep my marital life a secret, i respect their decisions they also should respect mine.

the only argument i expect you to put forward is maybe its hard for marriages to survive the nigerian entertainment scene (still not enough excuse especially with the prezzo angle), not some sense of "entitlement" which makes you consider your audience as fools.
celebrities marriages are hard to survive all over the world, its not only entitled to the Nigerian entertainment industry.

are the rest of us not also "entitled" to our privacy? Instead of which we're paraded 24/7 like goldfish in a bowl?
maybe you were paraded like a goldfish and all but i wasn't paraded neither was i fooled. Something about the lives of celebrities are better kept as secrets, else they get ruined along with the fame and empire they have worked so hard to build for themselves, many Hollywood celebrities had secrets that were later leaked which led to their downfall! Goldie felt letting the public know about her marital life might affect her life as a celebrity, she played her cards well that's all, don't blame her blame the media and foul mouthed people all over the world.
Re: Goldie Death:there Is No Love In The Industry- Keke Ogungbe by tpia5: 5:49pm On Feb 26, 2013
^ you have no points, sorry.

the fact remains she's not the only celebrity and neither is she the only female who has ever aspired to be in the public eye.

if she kept her marriage secret without openly going on a national show to date another person, just so her audience (who she obviously considered gullible), would believe the fake image she presented, that would be a different, more excusable matter.

however, as the case stands, she intentionally wanted people to believe she was single and dating the other guy, all the while hiding her husband in the closet. Why was it so important for her to present that particular image, of all the millions of possible scripts she could have played? Just asking!

are there no celebrities who are married?

she didnt even have kids, why was that? Was there a health problem? Are other celebrities not having kids even out of wedlock, assuming the secrecy of her marriage was that important to her.

unfortunately for you, nothing you can say and no excuse you can give, will cover the myriads of lies and deceptions that were uncovered on feb 14.

not sure if you were paid to try, but your attempts fall flat.

in a country of 150 million people, its very hard to believe there's a dearth of single ladies who could play her role, or that there was absolutely no other role she could play in the entertainment world.

anther question you need to answer, is why is the demise of one person, shaking the entire industry? What is going on in the nigerian entertainment scene?
Re: Goldie Death:there Is No Love In The Industry- Keke Ogungbe by tayejay(m): 7:27pm On Feb 26, 2013
prickly: dafuq, must you know everything about her cos she was a celebrity?
[color=#990000][/color]
Neither do I think is right 2 lead pple on, on misguided information.
Re: Goldie Death:there Is No Love In The Industry- Keke Ogungbe by Nobody: 8:25pm On Feb 26, 2013
@ TPIA
Did you try reading her husband's interview? If you did did you or did you not see this part ?
Question: There had been speculation for many years
that she was married to an ‘oyinbo’ man. But
no one could lay hands on anything. Why did
you keep it a ‘secret’?
Our private life is nothing to do with work life, there
has to be a balance
answer
Our private life is nothing to do with work life, there
has to be a balance
So i really don't know what the issue is here as it is clearly obvious her husband was in support of her keeping their marriage a secret.
Re: Goldie Death:there Is No Love In The Industry- Keke Ogungbe by Nobody: 8:30pm On Feb 26, 2013
tayejay:
Neither do I think is right 2 lead pple on, on misguided information.
oh, she forced the misguided information down your throat?

(1) (Reply)

Jay-z Interrupts Kanye During His BET Awards Speech. / Kcee Trying To Kill Himself With Food (photo) / Limzy Steps Out In Style As She Post Her Hotest Photo On Instagram (see Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.