Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,833 members, 7,817,435 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:16 PM

Tips On Saving For Investment - Investment (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Tips On Saving For Investment (11509 Views)

Saving For The Rainy Day / N180 Million Available For Investment In Legal And Profitable Business / I Have Like 10million I Set Aside For Investment/business, Please Advice Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tips On Saving For Investment by vanstanzy(m): 6:03pm On Feb 26, 2013
ebamma: eating more of garri and less of indomie noodles
use molue instead of taxi for transport.
Use a nokia torchlight phone, instead of bb and androids afterall na calling and receiving calls were all of them dey do
Forget girlfriends ashawo charge less for sex with no strings attached

Funny! Foolish, but funny.
Re: Tips On Saving For Investment by Saintigk(m): 6:08pm On Feb 26, 2013
God bless u bro.
If one strives nd works to make it,bt stl can't enjoy it who nd wht is he savin for.
Why wont I buy latest fone if I can afford it?
Y nt a brand new car whn God blesses u?
Let's enjoy our wealth while we prepare 4 d future
trix!:

I always laugh when I see all these tips. what exactly are you saving all the money for? for your burial?

I live by one motto,
In your preparation for the raining day, do not forget to Enjoy today's sunshine!
Re: Tips On Saving For Investment by trix1: 6:52pm On Feb 26, 2013
Akpan107: Atleast, you should save the money to buy urself a Land, build a good House on it, take very good care of ur family and send ur childred to good schools. Then, you can buy iPhone, the most expensive clothe, Perfumes and visit the best restuarant in town with the remaining change... My dear, we truely need to save money and a big one for that matter!

I'm certainly not against saving. The last line of my comment summarizes my stance on savings.
In simple English don't starve yourself today and get ulcer because you are saving money to be able to buy chicken.
Re: Tips On Saving For Investment by Chlorin: 7:19pm On Feb 26, 2013
Kudos guyz i fel ya
Re: Tips On Saving For Investment by zenatta: 7:41pm On Feb 26, 2013
Wonderful, life-changing/life-saving tips, if you ask me, but who's gonna listen to you; definitely not me.

I'm probably not a good authority to comment on this thread; I will buy new, expensive phone, car or any thing for the matter. I love brands, to the hilt, down, to my detergent. I have ATM cards for when I need large amounts; can't stand banking halls or the stir I have inadvertently caused. It has to be DSTV premium or nothing.
I'm probably a good example of how not to...

Yes, in the past, there has been moments serenaded by nothing, like in, nada, y'know, rock bottom. But they were just moments and I have learned to put first things first. That alone is epiphanic.

In all this however, I have a Saving Grace, that always hoists me far above my imagination, for which I am deeply grateful for - so no one should listen to me.

I am a hard-worker too. I should be, considering 'my handicap'. Wealth-creation is my favourite pastime: it should be or I will sink.

Thanks for the tips, once again.

1 Like

Re: Tips On Saving For Investment by a1solution: 7:45pm On Feb 26, 2013
Nice saving tip by warren buffet up there
Re: Tips On Saving For Investment by zenatta: 8:12pm On Feb 26, 2013
dammytex: Your tips are kinda okay...

but then, they look a little hmmmmmmm----(I don't know the word to use)

eg new cars, super markets and my DSTV package.
trix!:

I always laugh when I see all these tips. what exactly are you saving all the money for?

I live by one motto,
In your preparation for the raining day, do not forget to Enjoy today's sunshine!

Oh wow, I am glad there are fellow Sybarites on this thread. I mean, really, what's the need to wake up and eke a living if not to live right. I am all for Savings and Investments, but would give thumbs down to an infringement of the good life.
Re: Tips On Saving For Investment by bukahands(m): 8:49pm On Feb 26, 2013
A new car is better than a used car in terms os problems and also comes with warranty. And for d dstv part I don't see why earn up to 400K and still watch football outside. (Especially for family men)
But if you earn 50K o boy no get DSTV at all o
Re: Tips On Saving For Investment by Toyrem: 9:56pm On Feb 26, 2013
[quote author=yuzedo]This thread is for poor people.

In Banana Island, our major problem is how to spend our money. undecided It is very very hard to spend N1m in a day. It gives me sleepless nights. cry[/quote you're one of them. Think, rich or poor side ?
Re: Tips On Saving For Investment by mikeuz(m): 11:51pm On Feb 26, 2013
I wonder who you think you are deceiving by these tipz. Imagine not buying a brand new car. because of saving? Believe ♍ƺ if you buy a fairly used car,you will spend more on the long run.and many other unnecessary thingz you wrote dere all in the name of savings. As yourself what are you going τ̲̅ȍ do with all the savingz ehn? For Ur wife and children when you cant even njoy yoursef,den U̶̲̥̅̊ wil start passing ur frustration on them because U̶̲̥̅̊ ar providing for them abi. Life is too short τ̲̅ȍ suffer your sef all n'd name of savingz. Finally save when necessary,most of the times is nt about the savings,its about the planning,enjoy your sweat. By the labour of your hands you shall eat. Buy the latest fone if you can,because it wont kill you, if e worst sell the fone if times get rilly hard,all folloW the life.

1 Like

Re: Tips On Saving For Investment by gbengalite(m): 2:07am On Feb 27, 2013
Thank you all that have responded, commented and ignored you 're all the best in the world

I will post part II of this again if you find it interesting

Gbenga Ogunbiyi
Author
https://www.facebook.com/StreetPubLtd
twitter: @gbengalite
Re: Tips On Saving For Investment by babaowo: 4:46am On Feb 27, 2013
yuzedo: This thread is for poor people.

In Banana Island, our major problem is how to spend our money. undecided It is very very hard to spend N1m in a day. It gives me sleepless nights. cry
Re: Tips On Saving For Investment by Eldashab(m): 8:12am On Feb 27, 2013
Jerrygotswagg: Finally first to comment........wat have been waiting for.......God is great
Your gain?
Re: Tips On Saving For Investment by vanstanzy(m): 8:31am On Feb 27, 2013
yuzedo:
WHAT?!?!?!?! shocked

You mean you dis poor boy you are insulting me when you have never seen common N1b cash live?!?!

OK! I will deal with you! angry angry Wuz yo sister's numba? sad

My sisters' no, so u'll corrupt her? No thanks!
Re: Tips On Saving For Investment by yuzedo: 9:51am On Feb 27, 2013
vanstanzy:

My sisters' no, so u'll corrupt her? No thanks!
Be nice to me, angry i have money! wink
Re: Tips On Saving For Investment by kaybest1: 2:10pm On Feb 27, 2013
the most important factor is "make more than you spend"[color=#006600][/color]

1 Like

Re: Tips On Saving For Investment by spyroxy1(m): 12:11pm On Feb 28, 2013
nice wink
Re: Tips On Saving For Investment by gbengalite(m): 9:00am On Mar 02, 2013
bukahands: A new car is better than a used car in terms os problems and also comes with warranty. And for d dstv part I don't see why earn up to 400K and still watch football outside. (Especially for family men)
But if you earn 50K o boy no get DSTV at all o

How many persons earn up to 400k in Naija, don't let's fool our self. Make hay while the sun shines . The money u have now is cos u still dey do yes sir for another person, what if u are laid off.

Save and fink of a biz u can start so u too can employe somebody.

Remember Big boiz pay salary -mode9
Re: Tips On Saving For Investment by bukahands(m): 10:03am On Mar 02, 2013
gbengalite:

How many persons earn up to 400k in Naija, don't let's fool our self. Make hay while the sun shines . The money u have now is cos u still dey do yes sir for another person, what if u are laid off.

Save and fink of a biz u can start so u too can employe somebody.

Remember Big boiz pay salary -mode9

So buying DSTV will b wat will finish ur savings. And am into biz too infact my whole family is into bizness.
Ur tips are good I learnt some things from it but not everything there is good and u don't expect every1 to agree
Re: Tips On Saving For Investment by ochukoccna: 12:31pm On Mar 04, 2013
Very commonsensical tips
In life,learn to filter whatever you see and hear before forming your opinions
Its called ORIGINAL THINKING
I don't understand what some people are fussing about
Take what is needful,leave what you think is not
Like the new car tip,how many know that tearing off the nylon packaging and driving off with a brand new car devalues it immediately by almost 30%
Car manufacturers like TOYOTA (in America) have sell factory refurbished vehicles but don't hype about it because selling new ones is where the money is
Even at that if you choose to buy a Tokunbo car,why not ship it yourself as most people in Europe/America have good maintainance culture rather than buying Nigerian used autos/ rushing to Berger or wherever as many Nigerian car dealers are unscrupulous
Regarding buying new phones,wait 6-12 months after that 'new' phone drops and be amazed at the price difference
BB Bold 4 was going for over 120,000 naira last year but is almost half that price now
Samsung Galaxy is an 'old' phone by marketing and emerging technology standards but apart from LTE ,NFC, a smaller screen and a less powerful camera&processing power;it does almost all what the newer S3 does
Even at that Samsung Galaxy is TOO powerful for many people's mobile phone needs yet you'll see such people clutching an S3 and are already itching to pre-order the yet to arrive S4
Face it,you are not on this planet to enrich brands though I look more at the specs and durabilty whether its branded or not before making my purchases
Spend your money as you deem fit yet use your brain cells wisely
Plan ahead cos this life is short

1 Like

Re: Tips On Saving For Investment by gbengalite(m): 11:22pm On Mar 05, 2013
Tanxx my man for d clarification...

I must confess it is a book I am working on almost 70percent complete. I posted it online to see if it would attract reader and lo and behold it attracted over 6000 views and 2page comments.

I decided to highlight some in here to see how it goes. Surprisingly, d modeerator put it at d front page for abt 12hrs (I might be corrected).Nairaland thinks it would be cool for their user to see it.

Let me know if you all want me to post the part two of it (d abridge version).

Cheers
Twitter: @gbengalite
i
Re: Tips On Saving For Investment by Nobody: 4:05pm On Mar 06, 2013
Can somebody tell me why this informative thread is not in front page
Re: Tips On Saving For Investment by gbengalite(m): 4:19pm On Mar 14, 2013
CHESSBOARD: Can somebody tell me why this informative thread is not in front page

It made it to the front page once...I think for 12hrs if I am right.

Tanx.
Re: Tips On Saving For Investment by kanmifad(m): 10:47am On Mar 18, 2013
[quote author=gbengalite]Saving in a time like this is pretty difficult, that is a fact. But it gets frustrating if you are laid off from work and you have little or nothing to fall back on.

That is why I have put up some secret that have proven successful over the years, to help you increase your personalsavings in a time like this

At one point or the other we all agree that we do need funds to do whatever we want to, be it Investment, for Retirement, college, Child's education or a year cruise.

-You cannot save if you have not yet pictured what you want

-The best way to achieving anything in life is to know what you want

-What you want would lead to how much you need to get what you want

-what you want could be anything, it varies with different individuals it could be physical things, your child's education, business, investment etc

-Having known what you want, the problem becomes funds or capital to get started with; of course this is often a general problem.

-Some persons have genuine and feasible business idea but are without funds.

-Your idea is simply no idea if you are without funds especially if you have not started something at all (no business success antecedent).

-i have come to understand this quote while i was a teenager "Life is not fair" and also this Nigerian adage "Those that have caps don't have head while those with head are without caps".

People with funds no matter the amount don't usually know how to invest it they end up paying bills with it or even lavishing it while person with viable, workable and profitable investment ideas don't have funds.

-Each time we give excuses that our income is little, we can't save for what we want.

-The problem is not your income. I can tell you emphatically that even if your income is raised by 400% you would still make the same complain once you are used to the new income.

FEASIBLE TIPS FOR SAVING
Another secret I would like to reveal here are the tips you really need to sky-rocket your savings, even if you have zero-balance savings.
• Remove your savings before anything
• Reduce your bill
• Sleep over before you buy anything
• Find money to save
• Avoid buying the latest phone
• Take just enough cash with you
• Stop taking your ATM card everywhere
• Make more than you spend
• Choose a frugal spouse
• Cook at home
• Learn to fix things yourself
• Do not buy brand new car
• Go to market not super-market
• Do a price check before you buy things
• Do not buy brands or labels buy more of generic product
• Always occupy yourself with activities thereby preventing spending
• If you must use paid TV go for the lower rate
• Be optimal during Christmas

Gbenga Ogunbiyi
Author
https://www.facebook.com/StreetPubLtd
twitter: @gbengalite

stay with your wife/send less on other ladies
Re: Tips On Saving For Investment by spyroxy1(m): 9:20pm On Apr 30, 2013
correct
Re: Tips On Saving For Investment by gbengalite(m): 5:33pm On Jun 03, 2013
lol
Re: Tips On Saving For Investment by gbengalite(m): 12:09am On Jun 28, 2013
To soar your savings you need to make more than you spend, Forget societal expectation & choose a frugal spouse...to get more!

Download free Friday 28th and kindly like all the reviews.

Precise Read- just the way a how-to book should be. If you do like it, kindly drop a review to get the book started.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00CLU8OO6/
Re: Tips On Saving For Investment by vulpeslopez(m): 4:05pm On Jun 28, 2013
Nice write up.
Re: Tips On Saving For Investment by gbengalite(m): 12:56pm On Apr 28, 2017
vulpeslopez:
Nice write up.

thanks

(1) (2) (Reply)

My story with a failed Investment called MBA (Rephrased) / Let Your Money Work For You Guaranty 30 Percent Par Month / Nigerian Banks Lose 24.5% Of Market Value

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.