Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,544 members, 7,819,934 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:02 AM

Nysc And Gce - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Nysc And Gce (1002 Views)

Nysc / NYSC And Challenges Of Nigerian Youths (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nysc And Gce by hillsay: 10:44am On Mar 18, 2008
I need ur candid advice.
i had to write gce while serving because i read english language and my dept did not require maths. it was during my service yr that i was advised to write gce. now, i went for an interview and they refused to employ me because my gce was dating the yr of my service.
do you thing other companies might do the same.
i might a well stop applying,
what do you think i shld do,
advice!!!
Re: Nysc And Gce by maxxy: 3:22am On Mar 19, 2008
i have attended only two job interviews for banks and i was offered employment at both, and they didn't bother with what i did not tell them. understand that at an interview, you are selling yourself to the interviewers, and as such you shoud highlight your strongest points. that new gce result has no business in your documents submitted, moreso when you read english. simply put it in your own foder, then you can explain later if the issue ever comes up. you are not suppressing info. you are doing what advertizers do every second. promote the good, leave the defects out.

never give up on yourself. believe the best. if you really want to be employed, there are so many opportunities out there. keep your ears to the ground for info. then those newspaper adverts work too, so don't miss the important ones. when you attend your next interview, pray, do your best, be confident and hope for the best.
Re: Nysc And Gce by Nobody: 11:53am On Mar 23, 2008
I know what it feels like. but i know yours is coming.
keep hoping, god is in control and like maxxy, hope for the best.
Re: Nysc And Gce by amaks: 3:12pm On Mar 23, 2008
if any job ure applying for doesnt state a pass(credit) in maths(gce) as a compulsory requirement as a for employment,then use ur old result,but if it is required/stated in d advert,then use BOTH old n new gce results,they may say a credit in maths n english in not more than 2 sittings.if nothing is stated in d advert,use both results,to b on thye safer side.if its req in one sittin,use d new result n hope for d best.
all d best in ur search.

(1) (Reply)

NYSC Service In Borno State / NYSC Related Questions.. / Tony Elumelu Entrepreneur Grant Is A Scam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.