Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,340 members, 7,819,200 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:38 PM

Career Path In Finance - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Career Path In Finance (852 Views)

Possible Career Path For A Physics Graduate / One Of The Best Career Path In The 21st Century / Career Path To Becoming A Diplomat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Career Path In Finance by Zico0(m): 10:26pm On Feb 26, 2013
I'm a beginer and i just got my first degree in finance. I want those who know to illuminate us on the career path in Finance.
Re: Career Path In Finance by Zico0(m): 9:05am On Feb 27, 2013
People have the idea that all Finance persons will end up in a bank and i have my mind set to that. But i want to know other options, if any, or the next step after banking.
If you have knowledge of these, please kindly share
Re: Career Path In Finance by globechamp: 3:11pm On Feb 27, 2013
What was your first degree exactly? Nigeria or abroad? What do you want to become? What industry do you want to work and doing what there?

The more information, the better advise you can get.

2 Likes

Re: Career Path In Finance by Zico0(m): 10:02pm On Feb 27, 2013
Huh degree was a wrong choice of word. A diploma rather, in banking and Finance here in Nigeria. And i know the Bsc is key and i'm working towards it. My concern is the process after Bsc. Career options in finance i know include;
Commercial banking: thats working with a bank as a teller or a loan officer, even as a marketer

Corporate finance: thats working with a company in the capacity of finding and managing capital necessary for running the enterprise

I also know Investment finance. I got these from a white website.

I intend to start with a bank maybe for five years. Though my real interest is in corporate finance.

What i dont know is how it is done in Nigeria. For instance, what course do i enrol for to be certified a corporate finance person. Or whether they even use the term corporate finance in Nigeria. If not, what is it called and so on...
Re: Career Path In Finance by Zico0(m): 11:13am On Feb 28, 2013
Zico0: Huh degree was a wrong choice of word. A diploma rather, in banking and Finance here in Nigeria. And i know the Bsc is key and i'm working towards it. My concern is the process after Bsc. Career options in finance i know include;
Commercial banking: thats working with a bank as a teller or a loan officer, even as a marketer

Corporate finance: thats working with a company in the capacity of finding and managing capital necessary for running the enterprise

I intend to start with a bank maybe for five years. Though my real interest is in corporate finance.

What i dont know is how it is done in Nigeria. For instance, what course do i enrol for to be certified a corporate finance person. Or whether they even use the term corporate finance in Nigeria. If not, what is it called and so on...
Re: Career Path In Finance by Zico0(m): 11:14am On Feb 28, 2013
Zico0: Huh degree was a wrong choice of word. A diploma rather, in banking and Finance here in Nigeria. And i know the Bsc is key and i'm working towards it. My concern is the process after Bsc. Career options in finance i know include;

Are you there?
Re: Career Path In Finance by Mustay(m): 9:04pm On Feb 28, 2013
There are enough topics on this board and the investment baord that will shed more light on this for you.

(1) (Reply)

Where Can Someone With A Certificate In "Chemistry" Work / How I Got A Job In Just Two Weeks - My Story And Lessons Learned – Part 4 / Unjust Treatment By Fidelity Bank PLC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.