Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,240 members, 7,815,327 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:53 AM

Do You Want For Your Neighbour What You Want For Yourself? - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Do You Want For Your Neighbour What You Want For Yourself? (886 Views)

The Neighbour’s Rights In Islam / How To Be A Productive Neighbour (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Want For Your Neighbour What You Want For Yourself? by deols(f): 7:55pm On Feb 27, 2013
Islam is a way of life. On being good to your neighbour, here are quotes from the prophet(S.A.W)

Narrated Samurah: The Prophet (peace be upon him) said: A neighbour has the best claim to the house or land of the neighbour. - [Sunan Abu Dawood, 1556]

Narrated Jabir ibn Abdullah: The Prophet (peace be upon him) said: The neighbour is most entitled to the right of pre-emption, and he should wait for its exercise even if he is absent, when the two properties have one road. - [Sunan Abu Dawood, 1557]

Narrated Abdullah ibn Amr ibn al-’As: Mujahid said that Abdullah ibn Amr slaughtered a sheep and said: Have you presented a gift from it to my neighbour, the Jew, for I heard the Apostle of Allah (peace be upon him) say: Gabriel kept on commending the neighbour to me so that I thought he would make an heir? - [Sunan Abu Dawood, 2446]

Malik related to me from Ibn Shihab from al-Araj from Abu Hurayra that the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, said, “No one should prevent his neighbour from fixing a wooden peg in his wall.” Then Abu Hurayra said, “Why do I see you turning away from it? By Allah! I shall keep on at you about it.” - [Malik Al-Muwatta, Volume 36, Number 32]

Yahya related to me from Malik from Said ibn Abi Said al-Maqburi from Abu Shurayh al-Kabi that the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, said, “Whoever believes in Allah and the Last Day should speak good or be silent. Whoever believes in Allah and the Last Day should be generous to his neighbour. Whoever believes in Allah and the Last Day, should be generous to his guest. His welcome is for a day and a night, and his hospitality is for three days. Whatever is more than that is sadaqa. It is not halal for a guest to stay with a man until he becomes a burden.” - [Malik Al-Muwatta, Volume 49, Number 22]

Yahya related to me from Malik from Zayd ibn Aslam from Amr ibn Sad ibn Muadh from his grandmother that the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, said, “O trusting women, none of you must consider even a roasted sheep’s trotter too small to give to her neighbour.” - [Malik Al-Muwatta, Volume 49, Number 25]

Malik related to me from Zayd ibn Aslam from Amr ibn Muadh al-Ashali al-Ansari that his grandmother said, “The Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, said, ‘O trusting women! Let none of you despise giving to her neighbour even if it is only a roasted sheep’s trotter.’ - [Malik Al-Muwatta, Volume 58, Number 4]

Narrated Abdullah ibn Umar: The Prophet (peace be upon him) said: The best friend in the sight of Allah is he who is the well-wisher of his companions, and the best neighbour is one who behaves best towards his neighbours. Transmitted by Tirmidhi. - [Al-Tirmidhi, Number 120]

Narrated Abdullah ibn Amr: Allah’s Messenger (peace be upon him) said, “The best companion in Allah’s estimation is the one who is best to his companion, and the best neighbour in Allah’s estimation is the one who is best to his neighbour.” Tirmidhi and Darimi transmitted it, Tirmidhi saying this is a hasan gharib tradition. - [Al-Tirmidhi, Number 1287]

Narrated AbdurRahman ibn AbuQurad: The Prophet (peace be upon him) performed ablution one day and his companion began to wipe themselves with the water he had used. The Prophet (peace be upon him) asked them what induced them to do that, and when they replied that it was love for Allah and His Messenger (peace be upon him) he said, “If anyone is pleased to love Allah and His Messenger, (peace be upon him) or rather to have Allah and His Messenger (peace be upon him) love him, he should speak the truth when he tells anything, fulfil his trust when he is put in a position of trust, and be a good neighbour.” Bayhaqi transmitted it in Shu’ab al-Iman. - [Al-Tirmidhi, Number 1289]

Narrated Abdullah ibn Mas’ud: Allah’s Messenger (peace be upon him) said, “Allah Most High has allotted you your characters just as He has allotted you your provisions. Allah Most High gives worldly things to those whom He loves and those whom He does not love, but He gives religion only to those whom He loves, so he who is given religion by Allah has been loved by Him. By Him in Whose hand my soul is, a man is not a Muslim till his heart and tongue are submissive, and he is not a believer till his neighbour is safe from injurious behaviour on his part.” Ahmad and Bayhaqi, in Shu’ab al-Iman transmitted it. - [Al-Tirmidhi, Number 1292]

Narrated AbuHurayrah: Allah’s Messenger (peace be upon him) said, “Who will accept those words from me and act upon them, or teach people who will act upon them?” When he replied that he would he took him by the hand and counting five characteristics, said, “If you guard against the things which are forbidden, you will be the most devout of men; if you are pleased with what Allah has allotted, you will be the richest of men; if you are kind to your neighbour, you will be a believer; if you like others to have what you like for yourself, you will be a Muslim; and do not laugh immoderately, for immoderate laughter causes the heart to die.” Ahmad and Tirmidhi transmitted it, Tirmidhi saying this is a gharib tradition. - [Al-Tirmidhi, Number 1334]

Narrated AbuHurayrah: The Prophet (peace be upon him) said, “Give presents to one another, for a present removes rancour from the breast, and a woman should not despise even the gift of half a sheep’s trotter from her neighbour.” Tirmidhi transmitted it. - [Al-Tirmidhi, Number 899]

Narrated AbuDharr: Allah’s Apostle (peace be upon him) said: AbuDharr, when you prepare the broth, add water to that and give that (as a present) to your neighbour. - [Sahih Muslim, 1208]

Narrated AbuHurayrah: The Messenger of Allah (may peace and blessings be upon him) observed: He will not enter Paradise whose neighbour is not secure from his wrongful conduct. - [Sahih Muslim, 15]

Narrated Abu Huraira: The Prophet said, “O Muslim women! None of you should look down upon the gift sent by her she-neighbor even if it were the trotters of the sheep (fleshless part of legs).” - [Sahih Bukhari, Volume 3, Number 740]

Narrated Abdullah: I or somebody, asked Allah’s Apostle “Which is the biggest sin in the Sight of Allah?” He said, “That you set up a rival (in worship) to Allah though He Alone created you.” I asked, “What is next?” He said, “Then, that you kill your son, being afraid that he may share your meals with you.” I asked, “What is next?” He said, “That you commit illegal sexual intercourse with the wife of your neighbor.” Then the following Verse was revealed to confirm the statement of Allah’s Apostle: “Those who invoke not with Allah, any other god, nor kill life as Allah has forbidden except for just cause, nor commit illegal sexual intercourse.” (25.68) - [Sahih Bukhari, Volume 6, Number 284]

Narrated Abdullah: I asked the Prophet, “What is the greatest sin in the Sight of Allah?” He said, “That you set up a rival unto Allah though He Alone created you.” I said, “That is indeed a great sin.” Then asked, “What is next?” He said, “To kill your son lest he should share your food with you.” I asked, “What is next?” He said, “To commit illegal sexual intercourse with the wife of your neighbor.” - Sahih Bukhari, Volume 6, Number 4

Narrated Abu Huraira: The Prophet said, “Whoever believes in Allah and the Last Day should not hurt (trouble) his neighbor. And I advise you to take care of the women, for they are created from a rib and the most crooked portion of the rib is its upper part; if you try to straighten it, it will break, and if you leave it, it will remain crooked, so I urge you to take care of the women.” - Sahih Al-Bukhari, Volume 7, Number 114

Narrated Abu Huraira: The Prophet said, “Whoever believes in Allah and the Last Day, should not hurt his neighbor and whoever believes in Allah and the Last Day, should serve his guest generously and whoever believes in Allah and the Last Day, should talk what is good or keep quiet.” - Sahih Al-Bukhari, Volume 8, Number 158

Narrated Abu Shuraih: The Prophet said, “By Allah, he does not believe! By Allah, he does not believe! By Allah, he does not believe!” It was said, “Who is that, O Allah’s Apostle?” He said, “That person whose neighbor does not feel safe from his evil.” - Sahih Al-Bukhari, Volume 8, Number 45

Narrated Abu Huraira: Allah’s Apostle said, “Anybody who believes in Allah and the Last Day should not harm his neighbor, and anybody who believes in Allah and the Last Day should entertain his guest generously and anybody who believes in Allah and the Last Day should talk what is good or keep quiet (i.e. abstain from all kinds of evil and dirty talk).” - Sahih Al-Bukhari, Volume 8, Number 47

Narrated Abu Shuraih Al Adawi: My ears heard and my eyes saw the Prophet when he spoke, “Anybody who believes in Allah and the Last Day, should serve his neighbor generously, and anybody who believes in Allah and the Last Day should serve his guest generously by giving him his reward.” It was asked. “What is his reward, O Allah’s Apostle?” He said, “(To be entertained generously) for a day and a night with high quality of food and the guest has the right to be entertained for three days (with ordinary food) and if he stays longer, what he will be provided with will be regarded as Sadaqa (a charitable gift). And anybody who believes in Allah and the Last Day should talk what is good or keep quiet (i.e. abstain from all kinds of dirty and evil talks).” - Sahih Al-Bukhari, Volume 8, Number 48

http://islampeace1./2013/02/27/authentic-hadiths-on-neighbours/
[img]http://islampeace1.files./2013/02/33955_474296025970102_1577670175_n.jpg?w=604[/img]

3 Likes

Re: Do You Want For Your Neighbour What You Want For Yourself? by Nobody: 8:45pm On Feb 27, 2013
deols: Narrated AbuDharr: Allah’s Apostle (peace be upon him) said: AbuDharr, when you prepare the broth, add water to that and give that (as a present) to your neighbour. - [Sahih Muslim, 1208]
Narrated Abu Huraira: The Prophet said, “O Muslim women! None of you should look down upon the gift sent by her she-neighbor even if it were the trotters of the sheep (fleshless part of legs).” - [Sahih Bukhari, Volume 3,
Number 740]
lol....These days Nigerians no longer appreciate or even want food gifts from their neighbors. You give a neighbor cooked food as gift and the next thing they do is throw it into their dustbin because they suspect that you have poisoned the food or put juju inside it grin.

Narrated AbuHurayrah: The Messenger of Allah (may peace and blessings be upon him) observed: He will not enter Paradise whose neighbour is not secure from his wrongful conduct. - [Sahih Muslim, 15]
Wish more people know this and take it seriously.
Re: Do You Want For Your Neighbour What You Want For Yourself? by olawalebabs(m): 5:21am On Mar 01, 2013
If we all care to want for our neighbours what we want for ourselves, the world will be more interesting to live in.
Re: Do You Want For Your Neighbour What You Want For Yourself? by yusufbaba(m): 12:11am On Mar 29, 2013
very educative.
.may allah reward u abundantly
Re: Do You Want For Your Neighbour What You Want For Yourself? by maclatunji: 12:30am On Mar 29, 2013
Narrated AbuHurayrah: Allah’s Messenger
(peace be upon him) said, “Who will accept
those words from me and act upon them, or
teach people who will act upon them?” When
he replied that he would he took him by the
hand and counting five characteristics, said,
“If you guard against the things which are
forbidden, you will be the most devout of men;
if you are pleased with what Allah has
allotted, you will be the richest of men; if you
are kind to your neighbour, you will be a
believer; if you like others to have what you
like for yourself, you will be a Muslim; and do
not laugh immoderately, for immoderate
laughter causes the heart to die.” Ahmad and
Tirmidhi transmitted it, Tirmidhi saying this is
a gharib tradition. - [Al-Tirmidhi, Number
1334]

I am feeling the contentment part of this hadith above anything else at the moment.

(1) (Reply)

Muslims Aint Perfect But ISLAM Is / Who is Wrong? Islam or Followers / Second Greater Sin – DESPAIR

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.