Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,205 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:08 AM

Confederation Cup Title, FIFA Shower More Cash Opotunity For Super Eagles - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Confederation Cup Title, FIFA Shower More Cash Opotunity For Super Eagles (742 Views)

Confederation Cup: Japan Vs Mexico (1 - 2) On 22nd June 2013 / Brazil Vs Mexico: Confederation Cup - (2 - 0) On 19th June 2013 / Victor Moses And Kalu Uche To Miss W/C Qualifiers And Confederation Cup (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Confederation Cup Title, FIFA Shower More Cash Opotunity For Super Eagles by victorazy(m): 12:18pm On Feb 28, 2013
February 28, 2013 by Kazeem Busari ⁠Leave a Comment

The cash rain for the Super Eagles and the Nigeria Football Federation appears unending as the world football ruling body FIFA has just made the Confederations Cup more lucrative. No matter which way the Confederation Cup title goes, Nigeria will return from the intercontinental football fiesta in June with lots of cash.

FIFA has increased the total prize money for the competition by 14 per cent compared with the last edition held in South Africa in 2009, giving the winners the opportunity to go home with over $4m besides carting home the trophy. The runners-up, meanwhile, will earn $3.6m.

Super Eagles

In all a total prize pool of $20m will be shared among the eight participating nations. The winners of the third-place match will go home with $3m, while the fourth-placed team will have $2.5m.

Teams eliminated during the group phase and finishing fifth, sixth, seventh and eighth will each receive $1.7m.

At the 2009 edition of the FIFA Confederations Cup, the total prize fund was $17.6m, with champions Brazil picking up $3.75m along with the coveted trophy.

The Super Eagles qualified to be part of the event after emerging as the African champions at the 2013 Africa Cup of Nations in South Africa where they went past Ivory Coast and Mali at the knock-out stages before beating Burkina Faso 1-0 in the final.

Nigeria are the second least rated team at the Confederations Cup (30 in the FIFA rankings) behind Tahiti who are 148th. But being African champions should count for something when they play world champions, Spain, Uruguay and Tahiti in Group B of the tournament. Experts say winning the African cup has improved their position psychologically. Eagles’ opening game is against islanders Tahiti in the competition billed for Brazil.

Group A has hosts Brazil, Italy, Mexico and Japan.

The Eagles are already guaranteed a smooth financial entrance into Brazil as the Presidency has accepted to give the team a special financial grant for the competition. The sum approved in principle is separate from the NFF’s budget for 2013.

Even though the country won the African cup after 19 years of waiting, the NFF returned with debts having introduced huge match-win bonuses for the players amongst other expenditures.

Re: Confederation Cup Title, FIFA Shower More Cash Opotunity For Super Eagles by victorazy(m): 12:21pm On Feb 28, 2013
Mehn so much moni in football now, I may dump my career and pick up my boot again.
Re: Confederation Cup Title, FIFA Shower More Cash Opotunity For Super Eagles by vokalguy(m): 1:34pm On Feb 28, 2013
victorazy: Mehn so much moni in football now, I may dump my carrier and pick up my boot again.

I would recommend you get a degree first, since you cannot differentiate between 'career' and 'carrier'
Re: Confederation Cup Title, FIFA Shower More Cash Opotunity For Super Eagles by victorazy(m): 2:19pm On Feb 28, 2013
vokal_guy:

I would recommend you get a degree first, since you cannot differentiate between 'career' and 'carrier'

U be really MUMU! So u never mistake one day "Foo-l" u like showing ursef Anu-mpam!as if u can talk to me on road if u see me.
Re: Confederation Cup Title, FIFA Shower More Cash Opotunity For Super Eagles by vokalguy(m): 2:22pm On Feb 28, 2013
sighs, take criticism and move on.....
victorazy:

U be really MUMU! So u never mistake one day "Foo-l" u like showing ursef Anu-mpam!as if u can talk to me on road if u see me.

(1) (Reply)

Keshi Set To Recall Osaze, Uche,taiwo / Suarez Becomes Joint Fastest Player In Premier League History To Reach 20 Goals / Man Utd Sign Luke Shaw

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.