Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,985 members, 7,825,066 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 04:23 AM

Child Molestation And Abuse: Don't You Think An Abuser Also Need Counselling - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Child Molestation And Abuse: Don't You Think An Abuser Also Need Counselling (810 Views)

Neglect Of Male Child Rape/molestation By a Female Adult / Child Molestation - I Was Molested Twice As A Kid / Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Child Molestation And Abuse: Don't You Think An Abuser Also Need Counselling by cdee(f): 6:06pm On Feb 28, 2013
I'm on an issue of a 17yr old who sexually abused a 5yr old. All pressure was to get this boy behind the bars. The child has been taken to the clinic for proper checkup and thank God , no damage has been done yet, though its obvious an attempt was made to penetrate but d hymen is not totally broken cos no actual and total penetration was done according to the Doctor.
When an abuse happen, concentration is mostly on the law, where as less is paid to the Abused and the abuser. Don't you think this Boy should be seriously disciplined and also counselled. He is still young and can still change for good........

Discuss only, pls no insults
Re: Child Molestation And Abuse: Don't You Think An Abuser Also Need Counselling by Nobody: 6:28pm On Feb 28, 2013
The issues at hand are pedophilia and sociopathy. Are they curable? You're right, jail definitely does not cure it cos once they are released they could easily fall back into their ways if opportunity presents itself. Can counseling stop a person from being sexually attracted to a child, don't think so. Perhaps intense long term therapy can help them deal with the urges but there will always remain the risk.

In this particular case I lean toward this guy being a pedophile because he is old enough to know better, and yet he is still technically a 'child'. Perhaps he was abused himself as a young boy? Very difficult situation. As a parent, my vote would be to put them away forever, whether it be jail or a mental institution. Not possible, I know. Harsh? Maybe. But I don't want any pedophiles running around loose.

1 Like

Re: Child Molestation And Abuse: Don't You Think An Abuser Also Need Counselling by cdee(f): 6:50pm On Feb 28, 2013
ileobatojo: The issues at hand are pedophilia and sociopathy. Are they curable? You're right, jail definitely does not cure it cos once they are released they could easily fall back into their ways if opportunity presents itself. Can counseling stop a person from being sexually attracted to a child, don't think so. Perhaps intense long term therapy can help them deal with the urges but there will always remain the risk.

In this particular case I lean toward this guy being a pedophile because he is old enough to know better, and yet he is still technically a 'child'. Perhaps he was abused himself as a young boy? Very difficult situation. As a parent, my vote would be to put them away forever, whether it be jail or a mental institution. Not possible, I know. Harsh? Maybe. But I don't want any pedophiles running around loose.
Speechless. I'm not the Mother of the child, I'm just a concerned neighbour. I can't force the parents to press charges so I won't look like a busy body. I've already pushed them on the right track.
Re: Child Molestation And Abuse: Don't You Think An Abuser Also Need Counselling by biolabee(m): 9:29pm On Feb 28, 2013
cdee: I'm on an issue of a 17yr old who sexually abused a 5yr old. All pressure was to get this boy behind the bars. The child has been taken to the clinic for proper checkup and thank God , no damage has been done yet, though its obvious an attempt was made to penetrate but d hymen is not totally broken cos no actual and total penetration was done according to the Doctor.
When an abuse happen, concentration is mostly on the law, where as less is paid to the Abused and the abuser. Don't you think this Boy should be seriously disciplined and also counselled. He is still young and can still change for good........

Discuss only, pls no insults

cdee what is on your mind actually
Re: Child Molestation And Abuse: Don't You Think An Abuser Also Need Counselling by cdee(f): 4:15am On Mar 01, 2013
Nothing on my mind. I just wish for Justice but d dad just wave it off like nothing happened and smiled about it.
Re: Child Molestation And Abuse: Don't You Think An Abuser Also Need Counselling by biolabee(m): 9:23am On Mar 01, 2013
cdee: Nothing on my mind. I just wish for Justice but d dad just wave it off like nothing happened and smiled about it.

Please can you explain what kind of justice and which dad are you talking about here

The father of the 17 year old or the 5 year old
Re: Child Molestation And Abuse: Don't You Think An Abuser Also Need Counselling by cdee(f): 2:19pm On Mar 01, 2013
biolabee:

Please can you explain what kind of justice and which dad are you talking about here

The father of the 17 year old or the 5 year old
The father of the 5yr old. Its really annoying. I really wish d boy should be dealt with. But its not my case. So I hands up
Re: Child Molestation And Abuse: Don't You Think An Abuser Also Need Counselling by JallowBah(f): 5:18pm On Mar 01, 2013
The molester should be put in jail, beaten, and then given therapy in jail for the next 10 years. At least.

If anyone did this to my daughter, I...I don`t even know. I would probably kill.
Re: Child Molestation And Abuse: Don't You Think An Abuser Also Need Counselling by cdee(f): 6:47pm On Mar 01, 2013
In my younger age of having boyfriends. I always ask any guy who wants to date me if he has ever raped a girl, beat a girl or Molested a child. My friends think I'm crazy dat they will never admit but with my psychological skills, I sometimes know who is who.
The girls mother ones told me she was abused at a young age
(Raped) but I doubt if dats d truth. And from d dad's reaction and talks. I think, he has abused someone b4. Dats y they both feel reluctant to confront d boy because in their mind. This is Nemesis
Re: Child Molestation And Abuse: Don't You Think An Abuser Also Need Counselling by biolabee(m): 7:10pm On Mar 01, 2013
hmm.. maybe you should just remove eye and move on
Re: Child Molestation And Abuse: Don't You Think An Abuser Also Need Counselling by cdee(f): 10:36pm On Mar 01, 2013
Me ke. I don bone since yesterday. Just discussing it. Mine is just for d girl to be examined which has bn done. The rest is left to dem. I no fit carry another man load for head come dey drag my own load for groung. Temi tomi Leru, mi o kin se gbaromideleru

(1) (Reply)

DO YOU PAMPER YOUR CHILDREN WITH GADGETS? READ / Nigerian in London convicted for killing 3-yr-old for bedwetting / Pls Help My Family

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.