Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,935 members, 7,835,117 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:58 AM

Simple Religiomatics.. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Simple Religiomatics.. (855 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Simple Religiomatics.. by Nobody: 4:49am On Mar 01, 2013
If atheism leads to immorality..
And atheists form a miniscule section of the Nigerian population...

Why's Nigeria, as religious as it is, placed so high on the corruption index? Can 'darkness' be stronger than 'light'?

If knowledge of 'God' and 'his law' doesn't translate to living a better life, and in effect, produce a nation with more morally upright people, of what use is it then?

I'll leave you with these verses from your favourite storybook

Romans 2:
12 For all who have sinned without the Law will also perish without the Law, and all who have sinned under the Law will be judged by the Law ;
13 for it is not the hearers of the Law who are just before God, but the doers of the Law will be justified.
14 For when Gentiles who do not have the Law do instinctively the things of the Law, these, not having the Law, are a law to themselves,
15 in that they show the work of the Law written in their hearts, their conscience bearing witness and their thoughts alternately accusing or else defending them,
16 on the day when, according to my gospel, God will judge the
secrets of men through Christ Jesus.
Re: Simple Religiomatics.. by wiegraf: 5:19am On Mar 01, 2013
Random semi-off-topic, more religiomatics/religiologic: If all those shootings were a result of god being banned from schools, then why all the xx.xx with boys in catholic parishes?
Re: Simple Religiomatics.. by Nobody: 10:41am On Mar 01, 2013
wiegraf: Random semi-off-topic, more religiomatics/religiologic: If all those shootings were a result of god being banned from schools, then why all the xx.xx with boys in catholic parishes?
Ah, too easy for Frosbel.. cheesy
Re: Simple Religiomatics.. by wiegraf: 12:55pm On Mar 01, 2013
musKeeto:
Ah, too easy for Frosbel.. cheesy

Oooh, what's the common defense?
Re: Simple Religiomatics.. by truthislight: 12:56pm On Mar 01, 2013
I dont like defendind hypocritical corrupt religion, but i wish you qualify your post and let it show the difference between religion(corrupt) and the belief in the existance of a God:

have a look at the two things you compared:

musKeeto: If atheism leads to immorality..
And atheists form a miniscule section of the Nigerian population...

and this:

musKeeto:
Why's Nigeria, as religious as it is, placed so high on the corruption index? Can 'darkness' be stronger than 'light'?

Now, is the opposite of atheism = religion?

your argument is fine but for that ^^^.

The Romans2 you quoted pretty well makes things very clear.

the people of the nations quoted in that Romans2, are they atheist?

that place was contrasting Jews/Christians with those outside, but we know that those outside (Greeks and Romans)also have their own gods. No?

the argument seems misleading guy.

But the claim that there is no God is a different thing all together .
peace.

1 Like

Re: Simple Religiomatics.. by Nobody: 1:00pm On Mar 01, 2013
wiegraf:

Oooh, what's the common defense?
Claim their acts were unchristian, doesn't matter that they had the Bible for support and the cross as a whip...
Re: Simple Religiomatics.. by ooman(m): 1:15pm On Mar 01, 2013
The country has ranked high on corruption because the so called Holy Books aren't holy enough to influence people's moral life.

They stand in their shrines singing holy holy holy, after which they go out and commit all sort of unbelievable crimes. And since they can bribe their God with a little prayer of forgiveness, after which they remind him of how holy he is, everything is allowed.
Re: Simple Religiomatics.. by wiegraf: 2:30pm On Mar 01, 2013
musKeeto:
Claim their acts were unchristian, doesn't matter that they had the Bible for support and the cross as a whip...

Ah, heretic frosbel, catholics aren't real xtians. I see.
Re: Simple Religiomatics.. by neversaynever(m): 12:09am On Mar 02, 2013
Religion is an organized collection of belief systems, cultural systems, and world views that relate humanity to spirituality and, sometimes, to moral values.

But i tell you, not everyone is organised, religious or not. Religion shouldn't therefore be top criteria for rating Nigeria's corrupt state. Religion doesn't also work for all, seeing you're an ex-christian et all. smiley
Re: Simple Religiomatics.. by plaetton: 3:12pm On Mar 02, 2013
Right from the beginning of human history, religion can been seen simply as a tool for social engineering.
That is why it has always been important for priests, kings and emperors. Having a people united under one belief system creates room for effective perception management and ease of rulership.
It is all about perception management.

In religion, a priest, king or emperor can effectively and efficiently control and finetune the people's perception of reality.
This was why being under one religion was so important in ancient Egypt, Babylon, Israel, and later on , Ancient Rome, and Ancient Arabia.
This was why Uniting Rome under one religious umbrella was so important for Emperor Constantine that he decided to start afresh under a new patch patch religion called Christianity.
It is all about perception management. Any and all who failed to go along , or who challanged perception management project were branded heretics and official enemies of the state.

Today, with religion fading (except in Africa)as an effective perception management social engineering tool, other forms of perception management tools have emerged to compete for the minds of bulging humanity.

In politics, we have different competing ideologies, each with their own priesthoods proclaiming their own truth and rightousness .
In economics, we have been made to believe and accept that the world's resources are scarce and that we must all compete for these resources.
Infact, the fierce competition for resources is what has defined 20th and 21st century life on earth.
This is the perfect example of perception management.

In other areas, religion and science have also been competing to define reality. We know who is winning in that war.

2 Likes

Re: Simple Religiomatics.. by Nobody: 7:13am On Mar 03, 2013
truthislight:
Now, is the opposite of atheism = religion?

Being a vegetarian doesn't mean I choose to abstain from food. Vegetarians and non-vegetarians share one thing in common: food...

Now let's relate this with religion. As long as you believe in a God, it follows you'll be religious. Whatever diet you choose to follow is up to you, at the end you still eat food to survive.

An atheist has no beliefs in God. You'd be hard pressed to find an atheist who's religious,whatever that means..

In essence, while atheism isn't necessarily the opposite of religion (theism is, I think) I believe they are both mutually exclusive.

Now, to those who would say Christianity/Islam/whatever is not a religion but a way of life, please do us a favour by posting your Christian/Islamic threads in the Cultural section..
Re: Simple Religiomatics.. by truthislight: 6:01pm On Mar 03, 2013
musKeeto:
Being a vegetarian doesn't mean I choose to abstain from food. Vegetarians and non-vegetarians share one thing in common: food...

Now let's relate this with religion. As long as you believe in a God, it follows you'll be religious. Whatever diet you choose to follow is up to you, at the end you still eat food to survive.

An atheist has no beliefs in God. You'd be hard pressed to find an atheist who's religious,whatever that means..

In essence, while atheism isn't necessarily the opposite of religion (theism is, I think) I believe they are both mutually exclusive.

Now, to those who would say Christianity/Islam/whatever is not a religion but a way of life, please do us a favour by posting your Christian/Islamic threads in the Cultural section..

My guy, religion has done alot of damage to this world and is still doing.

However, religion(christianity) is not lawlessness and fraud.
Fraud in the name of christianity is lawlessness.

It is not fair an assessment and i will not accept that it is the belief in God that is the cause of all this badness/fraud.

A malaria drug can save life, but what happens when abused = possibly death.

However, those with law will be judge by the law, and their failure to follow the guide(lawlessness) is double the wahala for them.
Peace.
Re: Simple Religiomatics.. by Nobody: 11:05pm On Mar 05, 2013
truthislight:

My guy, religion has done alot of damage to this world and is still doing.

However, religion(christianity) is not lawlessness and fraud.
Fraud in the name of christianity is lawlessness.

It is not fair an assessment and i will not accept that it is the belief in God that is the cause of all this badness/fraud.

A malaria drug can save life, but what happens when abused = possibly death.

However, those with law will be judge by the law, and their failure to follow the guide(lawlessness) is double the wahala for them.
Peace.

As if christianity is not toxic at times to human beings itself

(1) (Reply)

Joel Osteen, E.A. Adeboye, And Other False Teachers, It's Just The Truth! / “god Would’ve Intervened” – Televangelist, Pat Robertson Says Tornado Victims Di / When Prayer Fails,do Not Think God Deaf

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.