Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,517 members, 7,823,214 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:50 AM

Thread For Corpers Posted To Adamawa, Lets Meet Here: - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Thread For Corpers Posted To Adamawa, Lets Meet Here: (7631 Views)

2014 Batch C Corpers Posted To Adamawa Let Meet Here / Batch B 2014 : Posted To Adamawa State, Let's Meet Here / Corper Offers Free Surgery To Adamawa Indigenes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Thread For Corpers Posted To Adamawa, Lets Meet Here: by youngdee168(m): 11:20pm On Mar 01, 2013
Not really where i was expecting but dont have a choice, where are my fellow adamawa corpers lets get acquinted.
Re: Thread For Corpers Posted To Adamawa, Lets Meet Here: by Kwanni: 7:15am On Mar 02, 2013
Any idea wht d camp is like? #teamadamawa
Re: Thread For Corpers Posted To Adamawa, Lets Meet Here: by Elshaq(m): 1:53pm On Mar 02, 2013
Wlcum to Adamawa, da home of sunshine.. Da camp is located along bridge road leading to the university. U wil lyk it, adamawa is da mst pizful state in nig, jux dat d state is very hot n sunny. I base in adamawa, u can hala me for any assistance. Ol da bst to our new *otondoz*
Re: Thread For Corpers Posted To Adamawa, Lets Meet Here: by learn(f): 2:42pm On Mar 02, 2013
i served in adamawa 2006 with Dr sid

1 Like

Re: Thread For Corpers Posted To Adamawa, Lets Meet Here: by Kwanni: 3:00pm On Mar 02, 2013
Learn, what was ur experience serving in adamawa?

El-shaq, most peaceful state in 9ja. undecided
Re: Thread For Corpers Posted To Adamawa, Lets Meet Here: by Nobody: 6:30pm On Mar 02, 2013
pls how do I make my transportation from lagos to adamawa? What is the cost?
Re: Thread For Corpers Posted To Adamawa, Lets Meet Here: by youngdee168(m): 10:07pm On Mar 02, 2013
@Sammy, i suggest u come to kano first from lagos which will cost u a maximum of 5k and then to adamawa a maximum of 2k. Looking forward to hooking up with u bro.
Re: Thread For Corpers Posted To Adamawa, Lets Meet Here: by Elshaq(m): 1:31am On Mar 03, 2013
Lagos to adamawa wil cost u 15K
Re: Thread For Corpers Posted To Adamawa, Lets Meet Here: by famolino(m): 7:42am On Mar 03, 2013
Mornin guys. Wanna ask if there is direct flight frm lagos to adamawa.
Re: Thread For Corpers Posted To Adamawa, Lets Meet Here: by Nobody: 5:13pm On Mar 03, 2013
Famolino! Yes u can get str8 bus from lagos to adamawa. Served there in 2010.go to ijora ask for the young shall grow park.as at wen I served it was nearly 8k
.try goin there early enuff to book for ticket in d morning.d bus moves in d evenin 4pm.its a nice place apart for d sun its relatively peace.if u need more info don't hesistate to hola
Re: Thread For Corpers Posted To Adamawa, Lets Meet Here: by Nobody: 5:15pm On Mar 03, 2013
famolino: Mornin guys. Wanna ask if there is direct flight frm lagos to adamawa.

Sorry didn't see dat u asked of direct flight.made my description based on bus.I guess filght by now sud be up to 40k. Cos den it was around 30k
Re: Thread For Corpers Posted To Adamawa, Lets Meet Here: by Kwanni: 10:37pm On Mar 03, 2013
Pls how far is d camp @ Girei from Yola?
Re: Thread For Corpers Posted To Adamawa, Lets Meet Here: by BMusa1(m): 11:00am On Mar 04, 2013
Morning All. Not a Corper at the moment, but was once a corper. Adamawa is home. Just followed the thread and thought I should comment on some:

Direct flight From Lagos: You have a choice of three airlines which are Arik, IRS and Medview. But Medview is the cheapest as you can get tickets for less than 30K when you book online. Most of the flights are daily, but I'm not sure of weekends for some of them. Though there will be a stopover in Abuja, you will not have to alight from the plane. Its 50 mins to Abuja and same from Abuja to Yola.

For those going by road from Lagos, there are buses too, from Ijora I suppose. The Young shall Grow and Ekwos. I may recommend The Young for you as they are more reliable, though you should be ready for over 18 hours road trip.

Adamawa is relatively peaceful even with the recent wave of happenings in the North. Though I can't say that much for areas around Michika, Mubi and Maiha as they have had their share of the happenings due to their closeness to Borno.

The weather could be terrible at this time, owing to heat and humidity.

Despite that, the people are generally welcoming, feel free to ask anywhere for directions and help when in need. You'll hardly fall for one chance as it hasn't gotten there yet.

Not much to see around as its no such a big place. Though with time, you can get to navigate around and make the best of it.

Enjoy your stay there while you serve the fatherland.

1 Like

Re: Thread For Corpers Posted To Adamawa, Lets Meet Here: by BMusa1(m): 11:19am On Mar 04, 2013
Kwanni: Pls how far is d camp @ Girei from Yola?

In principle, the Camp is still within the state capital in Yola, maybe boundary disputes put it in Girei as acclaimed. But its not that far. It is located after the State Television Station (ATV) or Gotel TV. It is a short trip. If you desire, you can take a taxi ride from the City centre to Vinikilang. From Vinikilang, I should presume that you can get a "Keke NAPEP" straight to the camp if you desire a low budget movement. Else you can take a drop from whichever park you are arriving from to the camp. Depending on your bargaining power, I don't presume it should be over a 1K to get u there.

1 Like

Re: Thread For Corpers Posted To Adamawa, Lets Meet Here: by Dee60: 2:35pm On Mar 04, 2013
Good state anyday. The best of northern Nigeria. When you get there look for Rhema Church in Yola Town. Your life will be greatly enriched. You should not miss fresh fura dai nunu after camp. Wish you all the best.
Re: Thread For Corpers Posted To Adamawa, Lets Meet Here: by famolino(m): 5:20pm On Mar 04, 2013
dejive:

Sorry didn't see dat u asked of direct flight.made my description based on bus.I guess filght by now sud be up to 40k. Cos den it was around 30k
[quote author=dejive]
Thnks dejive. I realy apr8. I just book a ticket online to Adamawa. Kindly add me on bbm incase of further questions and chat.30bec170
Re: Thread For Corpers Posted To Adamawa, Lets Meet Here: by famolino(m): 5:30pm On Mar 04, 2013
@ B.Musa Thnks for d info. One more thing pls, hw far is d camp frm d airport? Pls I nid answers asap.
Re: Thread For Corpers Posted To Adamawa, Lets Meet Here: by youngdee168(m): 12:36am On Mar 05, 2013
Dee60: You should not miss fresh fura dai nunu after camp. Wish you all the best.
Sure i wont miss that, and thanks.
Re: Thread For Corpers Posted To Adamawa, Lets Meet Here: by Ajoke2shan: 8:09pm On Mar 05, 2013
Have never been outta lagos b4, pls wats d xperience like?
Re: Thread For Corpers Posted To Adamawa, Lets Meet Here: by youngdee168(m): 12:02am On Mar 06, 2013
Has any one reached camp? Lets hook up.
Re: Thread For Corpers Posted To Adamawa, Lets Meet Here: by BMusa1(m): 3:00pm On Mar 06, 2013
famolino: @ B.Musa Thnks for d info. One more thing pls, hw far is d camp frm d airport? Pls I nid answers asap.
Sorry I didn't get to see your post in time. Its not so far, 20 - 25mins ride approximate. Thanks
Re: Thread For Corpers Posted To Adamawa, Lets Meet Here: by Nobody: 5:39am On Mar 11, 2013
[quote author=famolino][/quote] boss! Sorry just popping back into dis page after a while. Just gettin ur msg. Am so sorry. really wished I saw dis earlier..its all good hope u are well settle in camp now. Will add U̶̲̥̅̊ on bbm.
Re: Thread For Corpers Posted To Adamawa, Lets Meet Here: by yahooz: 8:03pm On Mar 11, 2013
Re: Thread For Corpers Posted To Adamawa, Lets Meet Here: by yahooz: 8:30pm On Mar 11, 2013
Hey peeps wad up? I ws a 2011 Batch C corper who served in Girei LG, Adamawa, MAUTECH former FUTY 2 be precise. Serving der ws 4n, u av a lot of time 2 urself. Bt d weda der, I fnk it shld b strtn nw den by April 1st, all hell will let loose wf d heat. Had 2 sleep wf my door unlocked, poured water on ma matress & so on. Bt u'll definitely enjoy ur service year in Adamawa if u nt planning 2 redeploy. Jst av 4n. NCCF also makes it better...
Re: Thread For Corpers Posted To Adamawa, Lets Meet Here: by Pirowsky(m): 4:26pm On Jun 21, 2013
Any1 in da house? Am batch B 2013 corp member posted 2 adamawa. Pls watz d situation on ground as dia is state of emergency n oda tinz?
Re: Thread For Corpers Posted To Adamawa, Lets Meet Here: by opeey(m): 10:39am On Aug 26, 2018
Elshaq:
Wlcum to Adamawa, da home of sunshine.. Da camp is located along bridge road leading to the university. U wil lyk it, adamawa is da mst pizful state in nig, jux dat d state is very hot n sunny. I base in adamawa, u can hala me for any assistance. Ol da bst to our new *otondoz*
is dere any construction company that a corp member can do is ppa

(1) (Reply)

IMO State Batch A15, Kindly Meet Here / Corpers Posted To Zamfara State Meet Here. / Batch B 2014 : Yobe State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.