Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,349 members, 7,819,244 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:15 PM

When A Share Is On Steady Decline, What To Do? - Investment (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / When A Share Is On Steady Decline, What To Do? (7246 Views)

Guinness Nigeria Suffers 76% Profit Decline / How Do I Retrieve A Share Certificate That Was Posted Wrongly? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When A Share Is On Steady Decline, What To Do? by GudluckIBB(m): 7:04pm On Mar 14, 2013
I WILL NOT ADVICE ANYONE TO PATRONIZE OPTIONS SECURITIES LIMITED.THEY ARE THE WORST STOCKBROKING FIRM EVER!!!!BE WARNED
DON'T GO THERE!!!!!!!!!
Re: When A Share Is On Steady Decline, What To Do? by valdubem(m): 9:48pm On Mar 14, 2013
GudluckIBB: I WILL NOT ADVICE ANYONE TO PATRONIZE OPTIONS SECURITIES LIMITED.THEY ARE THE WORST STOCKBROKING FIRM EVER!!!!BE WARNED
DON'T GO THERE!!!!!!!!!

What re your reasons?
Re: When A Share Is On Steady Decline, What To Do? by exago(m): 8:28am On Mar 15, 2013
can one still sell afribank shares, please urgent answer? thanks
Re: When A Share Is On Steady Decline, What To Do? by Seun(m): 9:32am On Mar 15, 2013
exago: can one still sell afribank shares, please urgent answer? thanks
new thread!
Re: When A Share Is On Steady Decline, What To Do? by manie(m): 11:13am On Mar 15, 2013
You need to understand the reason for the decline, if the decline was due to poor performance I will advice the investor to sell the the stock. If the decline in price is due to market sentiment or profit taking, I will allow the stock to decline in order to take position in the stock.

If the stock is fundamentally good but the stock price is falling, I will accumulate more of the stock.

1 Like

Re: When A Share Is On Steady Decline, What To Do? by samguru(m): 11:14am On Mar 15, 2013
exago: can one still sell afribank shares, please urgent answer? thanks

as at today there is no value for afribank shares because the company has been taken over by AMCOM and secondly it has been delisted from official daily listing of nigerian stock exchange.

I would advise you to exercise patience till the AMCOM sell the bank to the preferred investor,The new investor may want to compensate the shareholders of defunct afribank by giving them some units in the bank
Re: When A Share Is On Steady Decline, What To Do? by stockbull(m): 6:59pm On Mar 21, 2013
4bobo: well, to me I have been discouraged to buy Nigerians stock market shares after losing alot in transcorp saga and my cousin and his mum lost almost 5 million naira also in similar circumstances . there're lot of manipulations in the market.
I have trained myself over 7 years now to be a successful forex trader, and for the past 2years I have never looked back on live trading .
I prefare fx trading to buying Nigerians shares,but I respect those who make s money in Nigeria's stock trading regularly especially the blue chips and penny stocks but for me,forex is the money to lose less and if I lose much,I stop trading, I learn from mistakes wait for better opportunities and keep on and make gradual profits,but in stock, it may be very difficult .

every guru has been a fool before.
If you had learned more about nse, you would've understood it.
Nothing like doing business with the language you understand.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Football Investment / Invest In Your Future Now To Secure Your Retirement Age / What's Correct Cscs Number To Use On Public Offer Forms

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.