Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,680 members, 7,823,919 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:24 PM

Why Are There Too Many Guys Than Ladies On Nairaland? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Why Are There Too Many Guys Than Ladies On Nairaland? (704 Views)

Debate: This House Believes That Guys Are More Wiser, Knowledgeable Than Ladies / Please Why Are There So Many Premature Ladies On NL Romance Section? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are There Too Many Guys Than Ladies On Nairaland? by Blackteeth(m): 6:27pm On Mar 03, 2013
I think this an important and mysterious question. If you doubt it you can check the gender of the members online. You would find much more males than famales. What's the reason for this? Does this mean that most ladies cant afford cheap mobile internet bills? Or most ladies hate socializing in online forums? Or most ladies are not interested in obtaining information online?
Guys are mostly the ones busy in various places in search of money, and yet they still find time to visit Nairaland to interact. So what is keeping idle ladies who depend on men from visiting Nairaland?
But ladies use facebook alot. Ladies are known for going after things of high taste. So does it mean that most ladies consider Nairaland of low value compared to facebook? what exactly is the best reason to explain the low turn out of ladies on Nairaland?
Re: Why Are There Too Many Guys Than Ladies On Nairaland? by ULSHERLAN(m): 6:33pm On Mar 03, 2013
Am shinning my Blackteeth right about now lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Why Are There Too Many Guys Than Ladies On Nairaland? by lecturerdabo(m): 7:02pm On Mar 03, 2013
Some ladies are forming hermaphrodites on NL
Re: Why Are There Too Many Guys Than Ladies On Nairaland? by Blackteeth(m): 7:32pm On Mar 03, 2013
lecturerdabo: Some ladies are forming hermaphrodites on NL

What would they benefit from that?
Re: Why Are There Too Many Guys Than Ladies On Nairaland? by lecturerdabo(m): 7:35pm On Mar 03, 2013
best known to them.

Blackteeth:
What would they benefit from that?
Re: Why Are There Too Many Guys Than Ladies On Nairaland? by tpia5: 10:00pm On Mar 03, 2013
some of the ladies are actually guys.
Re: Why Are There Too Many Guys Than Ladies On Nairaland? by dasparrow: 10:30pm On Mar 03, 2013
Blackteeth: I think this an important and mysterious question. If you doubt it you can check the gender of the members online. You would find much more males than famales. What's the reason for this? Does this mean that most ladies cant afford cheap mobile internet bills? Or most ladies hate socializing in online forums? Or most ladies are not interested in obtaining information online?
Guys are mostly the ones busy in various places in search of money, and yet they still find time to visit Nairaland to interact. So what is keeping idle ladies who depend on men from visiting Nairaland?
But ladies use facebook alot. Ladies are known for going after things of high taste. So does it mean that most ladies consider Nairaland of low value compared to facebook? what exactly is the best reason to explain the low turn out of ladies on Nairaland?

Can you blame the ladies from keeping away? I mean the chauvinism and female bashing on Nairaland is enough to keep most sane ladies away. I would not recommend my sisters come to this forum either. Then again, I think Nairaland is just a reflection of the Nigerian society. I noticed that in Nigeria, there seem to be more men that women just about anywhere one goes. I find that strange because in the United States for instance you see an almost equal number of males and females on the streets, in the banks, in the hospitals, in the movie theaters and any other public arena. However in Nigeria it is not so. Only God knows where you people hide your females.

1 Like

Re: Why Are There Too Many Guys Than Ladies On Nairaland? by slimyem: 11:14pm On Mar 03, 2013
tpia@:
....and you know this how?
Re: Why Are There Too Many Guys Than Ladies On Nairaland? by obowunmi(m): 11:49pm On Mar 03, 2013
slimyem: ....and you know this how?

na winch na.
Re: Why Are There Too Many Guys Than Ladies On Nairaland? by Blackteeth(m): 1:24am On Mar 04, 2013
tpia@:

What is your proof? And what do ladies benefit from this?
Re: Why Are There Too Many Guys Than Ladies On Nairaland? by Blackteeth(m): 1:37am On Mar 04, 2013
dasparrow:

Can you blame the ladies from keeping away? I mean the chauvinism and female bashing on Nairaland is enough to keep most sane ladies away. I would not recommend my sisters come to this forum either. Then again, I think Nairaland is just a reflection of the Nigerian society. I noticed that in Nigeria, there seem to be more men that women just about anywhere one goes. I find that strange because in the United States for instance you see an almost equal number of males and females on the streets, in the banks, in the hospitals, in the movie theaters and any other public arena. However in Nigeria it is not so. Only God knows where you people hide your females.

This is not a valid reason. Dont ladies bash guys here as well? Why should the bashing keep only the ladies away and not the guys?
What makes you think that there are more males than female in Nigeria? Why dont you consider the fact men are the ones who mostly step outside the streets to look for means of survival, while ladies are hiden indoors doing home keeping or relaxing as they depend on men for their welfare.
Re: Why Are There Too Many Guys Than Ladies On Nairaland? by slimyem: 1:47am On Mar 04, 2013
Blackteeth:
This is not a valid reason. Dont ladies bash guys here as well? Why should the bashing keep only the ladies away and not the guys?
You sure do know that one trends far above the other...don't you?
Its valid enough reason mister.Personally,it has kept me off certain sections on this forum.undecided
Re: Why Are There Too Many Guys Than Ladies On Nairaland? by Blackteeth(m): 3:08am On Mar 04, 2013
slimyem: You sure do know that one trends far above the other...don't you?
Its valid enough reason mister.Personally,it has kept me off certain sections on this forum.undecided

The bashing mainly happens mostly at the romance section. So I should expect that if even if the bashing is the reason, it should ONLY keep ladies away from the romance section. We should therefore find the heavy presence of ladies in other sections. But this is not the case. Ladies are still scare in every section of Nairaland. Please come up with a better reason.
Re: Why Are There Too Many Guys Than Ladies On Nairaland? by Nobody: 11:57am On Mar 04, 2013
tpia@:

You mean like;
Berem=Garri x7
Mukina2=Seun. ?

No be me talk am o,na hear I hear am.
Re: Why Are There Too Many Guys Than Ladies On Nairaland? by Moyola(f): 10:23pm On Mar 04, 2013
So many reasonz. . .

Kus most of u r now Full-time house husbands,
while she's out 2 work,
u hop on nailand,
in search for chicz 2Lay. . .

sum of u r so frustrated. . .
eva fuming. . .
dat d only place u feel uKan give vent 2 ur feelingz is on nailand. .

. . .endless reasonz! tongue
Re: Why Are There Too Many Guys Than Ladies On Nairaland? by Blackteeth(m): 8:15am On Mar 05, 2013
Moyola: So many reasonz. . .

Kus most of u r now Full-time house husbands,
while she's out 2 work,
u hop on nailand,
in search for chicz 2Lay. . .

sum of u r so frustrated. . .
eva fuming. . .
dat d only place u feel uKan give vent 2 ur feelingz is on nailand. .

. . .endless reasonz! tongue

And someone is telling me that only guys bash ladies.
Re: Why Are There Too Many Guys Than Ladies On Nairaland? by Blackteeth(m): 8:20am On Mar 05, 2013
For those of you saying that the reason is because some ladies pose of as males on nairaland, have you considered that some guys are posing as ladies as well? Here is an example: https://www.nairaland.com/freeglobe.
By the time you remove the number of guys posing as ladies, the result would be worse.

(1) (Reply)

Please, I Need Your Help On How To Recover My Yahoo Account. / Ever Won In A Promo? / I'm In A Hurry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.