Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,712 members, 7,809,700 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:30 PM

Manchester United Vs Real Madrid - UCL (1 - 2) On 5th March 2013 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (41) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Manchester United Vs Real Madrid - UCL (1 - 2) On 5th March 2013 (61180 Views)

Barcelona Vs AC Milan : UCL (4 - 0) On 12th March 2013 / Manchester United Vs Chelsea: FA Cup (2 - 2) On 10th March 2013 / Real Madrid Vs Barcelona - El Clasico (2 - 1) On 2nd March 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Manchester United Vs Real Madrid - UCL (1 - 2) On 5th March 2013 by momka3(m): 8:32am On Mar 06, 2013
nke001: Devils 1 vs Angels 2
hahahahaah who do u think is the best?
Re: Manchester United Vs Real Madrid - UCL (1 - 2) On 5th March 2013 by Kingjames(m): 8:32am On Mar 06, 2013
samilo88:
Bros u just Spoke ma mind..The hypocrite SAF and Evans that agreed that Torres sending off was deserved are d one crying foul..I think they hav a short memory but Karma doesn't....

Bros I dont think his memory is that short little wonder why he dorged the post-match press con and sent his deputy.
Re: Manchester United Vs Real Madrid - UCL (1 - 2) On 5th March 2013 by mathewalab: 8:32am On Mar 06, 2013
grin grin grin
Mudley313: i switch off my tv, come see wetin dey happen for here...mr0nic idi0tic referee just kill d game

Ma una stop all this wrong comment about the refree, there are rules guiding the game: why on earth will there be tackle at al, to cause issuance of red card.

Please accept defeat and plan for future game.

And to all of una MAN Utd fans wey dey hala foul, should shut up before I issue una GREEN OOOOOOOOOOOO sorry RED card. grin
Mudley313: i switch off my tv, come see wetin dey happen for here...mr0nic idi0tic referee just kill d game

Ma una stop all this wrong comment about the refree, there are rules guiding the game: why on earth will there be tackle at al, to cause issuance of red card.

And to all of una MAN Utd fans wey dey hala foul, should shut up before I issue una GREEN OOOOOOOOOOOO sorry RED card.
Re: Manchester United Vs Real Madrid - UCL (1 - 2) On 5th March 2013 by Ekavint: 8:34am On Mar 06, 2013
Nani's Action wasn't intentional. The Ref could have given just a Yellow card for the Beautiful Game to Continue.
ManU have just been Robbed once again.

3 Likes

Re: Manchester United Vs Real Madrid - UCL (1 - 2) On 5th March 2013 by elampiro(m): 8:36am On Mar 06, 2013
afroxyz:
How did Man ​​U̶̲̥̅̊ control the game? You were out played in possession, shots on targets and even corner kicks. Perhaps you watched the match on a black and white television set

Man United attacks were more dangerous than Madrid's. Madrid had only one clear chance until the red card. But United tore Madrid defence apart each time they went forward. Nani and Welbeck were a headache to Madrid midfield and defence. Madrid were only making passes in the midfield without creating clear chances, and each time they shot at goal, it was weak.
Re: Manchester United Vs Real Madrid - UCL (1 - 2) On 5th March 2013 by Nobody: 8:37am On Mar 06, 2013
Wahala90: You guys should shut up! How dare you compare ManU with Barca just because they played a draw at Bernabeu. Yes, they were leading 1-0 (which was nothing) cos Madrid must score or were you guys expecting Madrid to play 90 minutes against ManU without a goal, with or without the red card?

Lolzzz, some pple don't just know football yet they want to comment on football issues. "I want to talk, I want to talk", now dat u hav spoken, all u said was gibberish, where was d goal goin to come from when d focal point of madrids play ( alonso) was being suffocated by danny welbeck, as a result, ozil was no where to be found nd ronaldo too, they had to result to aerial balls which were expertly curtailed by nemanja vidic. They goal keeper was not even tested at all b4 d red card, it was due to d red card dat danny welbeck had to defect to d flanks givingf alonso d space he needed. Boyo 11- 11, there was no chance in hell of madrid winning the match.
Re: Manchester United Vs Real Madrid - UCL (1 - 2) On 5th March 2013 by Fussbot: 8:38am On Mar 06, 2013
Kingjames:

Thats the bitter truth my brother, I love Nani as a player but I cant go with him on this one I hail the ref on the call he made cause its part of his job to protect the players in the field from dangerous and hazardous challenges. Few wks back, Demba Ba got his nose broken in such a challenge inside the 18yard box of his former club and the ref turned a blind eye! Good call ref.
"demba ba got his nose broken in such a challenge inside the 18BOX"...talkless of a person dat didn't kno a player was coming 4rm his back??and u said d ref made d rit call
Re: Manchester United Vs Real Madrid - UCL (1 - 2) On 5th March 2013 by SamConquer(m): 8:39am On Mar 06, 2013
FIRST OF ALL INTRODUCTION NA WE BE MADRID WEY BEAT MAN.U FOR OLD TRAFORD...IN OTHER NEWS WE BE BAD GUYS BUT BEFORE WE YARN MAN.U GO DOWN LOW...!!!ARE U GUYS A LEARNER

1 Like

Re: Manchester United Vs Real Madrid - UCL (1 - 2) On 5th March 2013 by mathewalab: 8:40am On Mar 06, 2013
. Poor officiating from the turkish ref. He shld have used his fucking discretion to give nani a yellow just for the sake of this big match.

So, the refree should bend the rule of the game bbecause its MAN UTD or watin. Am disaaponted in your judgement .
Re: Manchester United Vs Real Madrid - UCL (1 - 2) On 5th March 2013 by Marlbron: 8:42am On Mar 06, 2013
Guys its only a game. I doff my hat to Sir Alex for the strategy he brought to the game which stifled the freeflowing game of Madrid. There is no doubt the sending off changed the game as it enabled Mourinho to bring Madrid who changed the game with his masterful play. Lets analyse the goals.

The first goal -an own goal should not have stood. Van Persie was offside when the ball got to him, the kinsman missed that, and that gave Man U an advantage.

The challenge by Nani was a dangerous one, not helped by his simulation, which made the ref decision a very correct one. Had he accepted responsibility, he might have been lucky with a yellow. No matter, Nani saw Arbeola late and should have directed his leg away from Arbeola rather than aiming for his chest. The rule is clear- dangerous play, red card.

Now with the sending off, it was still 1-0 to the Red Devils. Why did Sir Alex not hold on to the lead?He missed a trick there. When Modricd was brought on, he failed to respond to that and still carried on as if the midfield was still on the same dynamics. That was a rare lapse of concentration by a great tacticIan, a great coach. ManU should have organized better and perhaps should not have conceeded. Being 10 man down does not mean you loose a game.

After the second goal, ManU brought in changes and were very determined and may have scored a goal or two. The day was saved by good goal keeping. The Red card, made it easier for Madrid, but Sir Alex playing to the crowd rather than focussing on strategy as Madrid brought Modric, may have cost ManU the match. And by the way, ManU fans, there is next year champions league which you are sure to play. Remember, the first goal should have been an offside call, so stay humble.

1 Like

Re: Manchester United Vs Real Madrid - UCL (1 - 2) On 5th March 2013 by elampiro(m): 8:42am On Mar 06, 2013
Ekavint: Nani's Action wasn't intentional. The Ref could have given just a Yellow card for the Beautiful Game to Continue.

Truth be said, No one expected a red card for that tackle. Not even Madrid players or Mourinho. Th incident was more of a collusion than a bad tackle. Nani was in the air trying to control the aerial ball down so that he can go for a counter, but Ramos wanted to ensure Nani doesn't go, so he threw his body into Nani from Nani's blind side.

It's OK, United can now go and collect the EPL. The team has young players who can go all the way next season.

1 Like

Re: Manchester United Vs Real Madrid - UCL (1 - 2) On 5th March 2013 by SamConquer(m): 8:43am On Mar 06, 2013
''THE EVIL THAT MEN DO COME BACK TO HUNT THEM''-HAVE YOU GUYS FORGOTEN MARC CLATENBURG 2 RED CARD AND 1 ALLOWED OFF-SIDE GOAL DURING CHELSEA VS MAN.U SO SOON...I FEEL NO SORRY FOR WOMAN CHESTER AND WILL NEVER FEEL! THEY DESERVE TO GO!!!SHIKENA!!!
Re: Manchester United Vs Real Madrid - UCL (1 - 2) On 5th March 2013 by Kingjames(m): 8:43am On Mar 06, 2013
jimcaddy:
I really wonder if some people watched the game ysterday or wat they do is to hate bcause its Man Utd. United rily controlled d game caus Fergie got his tactics spot on. He knew a draw wuld send us thru, dat explains why rooney and chicharito were sat on d bench. Poor officiating from the turkish ref. He shld have used his fucking discretion to give nani a yellow just for the sake of this big match. Didn't De Jong get a yellow for a red card tackle on xabi alonso at the world cup? Just for the fucking sake of the match turkish ref. That decision ruined the tactics and gave madrid an extra edge. Even if madrid were still goin to beat us, at least we wuld not have gone down like dis without a fight. But we live to fight anoda day. Am glad UEFA has made their moni for pairing a game like dis at this stage. We still have two trophies to play for, so it wuldnt be a bad season afterall.

ManU controlled the game indeed, with that kind of stats in both halves pls wake up.
If De Jong got yellow for a red nani should also get yellow for a red? Pls park well. Ref made the right call.

....nothing personal.
Re: Manchester United Vs Real Madrid - UCL (1 - 2) On 5th March 2013 by Nobody: 8:47am On Mar 06, 2013
Ekavint: Nani's Action wasn't intentional. The Ref could have given just a Yellow card for the Beautiful Game to Continue.
D ref came out and said his decision abt nani sending off was wrong...d turkish man is just a disgrace to european football
Re: Manchester United Vs Real Madrid - UCL (1 - 2) On 5th March 2013 by Kingjames(m): 8:49am On Mar 06, 2013
Marlbron: Guys its only a game. I doff my hat to Sir Alex for the strategy he brought to the game which stifled the freeflowing game of Madrid. There is no doubt the sending off changed the game as it enabled Mourinho to bring Madrid who changed the game with his masterful play. Lets analyse the goals.

The first goal -an own goal should not have stood. Van Persie was offside when the ball got to him, the kinsman missed that, and that gave Man U an advantage.

The challenge by Nani was a dangerous one, not helped by his simulation, which made the ref decision a very correct one. Had he accepted responsibility, he might have been lucky with a yellow. No matter, Nani saw Arbeola late and should have directed his leg away from Arbeola rather than aiming for his chest. The rule is clear- dangerous play, red card.

Now with the sending off, it was still 1-0 to the Red Devils. Why did Sir Alex not hold on to the lead?He missed a trick there. When Modricd was brought on, he failed to respond to that and still carried on as if the midfield was still on the same dynamics. That was a rare lapse of concentration by a great tacticIan, a great coach. ManU should have organized better and perhaps should not have conceeded. Being 10 man down does not mean you loose a game.

After the second goal, ManU brought in changes and were very determined and may have scored a goal or two. The day was saved by good goal keeping. The Red card, made it easier for Madrid, but Sir Alex playing to the crowd rather than focussing on strategy as Madrid brought Modric, may have cost ManU the match. And by the way, ManU fans, there is next year champions league which you are sure to play. Remember, the first goal should have been an offside call, so stay humble.

Good thinking!!!
Re: Manchester United Vs Real Madrid - UCL (1 - 2) On 5th March 2013 by adaybayor(m): 8:52am On Mar 06, 2013
Fussbot: dindinrin ni o se.....of course den beat us cus we no "park the bus"...d season wey we sef park bus we eliminate dem....so

Cry on baby, always finding excuse. You just had a taste of your own medicine...
Re: Manchester United Vs Real Madrid - UCL (1 - 2) On 5th March 2013 by Nobody: 8:57am On Mar 06, 2013
[quote author=Harbioollah]
This poster is a good example of a discombobulated animal[/quote

U never answer question cum de insult person na all Manure fan and ur whole family be discombobulated idiot.do u need handkerchief to clan ur tears?mmeeEeeeEe
Re: Manchester United Vs Real Madrid - UCL (1 - 2) On 5th March 2013 by elampiro(m): 8:58am On Mar 06, 2013
Marlbron: Guys its only a game. I doff my hat to Sir Alex for the strategy he brought to the game which stifled the freeflowing game of Madrid. There is no doubt the sending off changed the game as it enabled Mourinho to bring Madrid who changed the game with his masterful play. Lets analyse the goals.

You have spoken/written well. But why do EUFA referees always take side with Spanish teams over English teams. If the rules of the game were to be observed to the letter, Sergio Ramos should have been sent off in the first leg when he brought Evra down as Madrid's last man in defence. Also, if the rules were to be observed to the letter, Man United should have had at least a penalty last night. I saw two handballs, the second one prevented a goal bound shot. Also, we saw a Man U player brought down in the 18 yard box with a heavy kick from a Madrid defender. If a penalty was not awarded for a hand ball blocking a goal bound shot due to the fact it was not intentional, why should a controversial red card be given to Nani for a ball in the air that led to a collusion? Nani was trying to bring the ball down before Abeloa suddenly ran into him from his blind side. I really do not think Nani was simulating, he was on air before the sudden collision. He was probably in pains too from the fall.

The rules are always there, but a referee can use them to make or mar a team. The officiating wasn't fair.

1 Like

Re: Manchester United Vs Real Madrid - UCL (1 - 2) On 5th March 2013 by Kingjames(m): 9:03am On Mar 06, 2013
Fussbot: "demba ba got his nose broken in such a challenge inside the 18BOX"...talkless of a person dat didn't kno a player was coming 4rm his back??and u said d ref made d rit call

I'll pretend I understood what u wrote and ask whether Nani was dumb?
Nobody is saying he did it intentionally, why didnt he walk up to the player and apologize and to the ref as well am sure the ref could have shown leniency wt a yellow. The ref I repeat made the right call.
Re: Manchester United Vs Real Madrid - UCL (1 - 2) On 5th March 2013 by Fussbot: 9:03am On Mar 06, 2013
adaybayor:

Cry on baby, always finding excuse. You just had a taste of your own medicine...
u can't argue again??mtscheew...and guess wat??u'l also have a taste of this medicine come sunday..it's HOWARD WEBB'S SHOW BABY!
Re: Manchester United Vs Real Madrid - UCL (1 - 2) On 5th March 2013 by Fussbot: 9:13am On Mar 06, 2013
Kingjames:

I'll pretend I understood what u wrote and ask whether Nani was dumb?
Nobody is saying he did it intentionally, why didnt he walk up to the player and apologize and to the ref as well am sure the ref could have shown leniency wt a yellow. The ref I repeat made the right call.
haha!bros abeg who got up first??him or arbeloa??IMO i even tink nani was in much pain than him...if u've played football,den u can imagine ursef in the air trying 2 control the ball and smbdy run 2 u 4rm ur blind side...besides,if nani had walked up 2 him and apologize,d ref mit even use dat as an excuse 2 send him off thinking nani was simulating...

1 Like

Re: Manchester United Vs Real Madrid - UCL (1 - 2) On 5th March 2013 by Kezzy24(f): 9:16am On Mar 06, 2013
dayokanu: [size=28pt]UP ARSENAL THE ONLY ENGLISH TEAM LEFT[/size]

This words may turn out to be prophetic.
Re: Manchester United Vs Real Madrid - UCL (1 - 2) On 5th March 2013 by elampiro(m): 9:21am On Mar 06, 2013
Kezzy 24:

This words may turn out to be prophetic.

If Arsenal can beat Munich, I will support them all the way. Same way I lend my support to Chelsea last year. But honestly, Arsenal doesn't have the resources for this task. Not this Arsenal team I see every week struggle.
Re: Manchester United Vs Real Madrid - UCL (1 - 2) On 5th March 2013 by ezesun(m): 9:23am On Mar 06, 2013
Olami1224: .

Who be this Chelsea guy self.... abeg metion better team jaare
Hmmmmm. I av forgot dat u r a fans of Eyimba nigeria premier league. Nonsense;-)
Re: Manchester United Vs Real Madrid - UCL (1 - 2) On 5th March 2013 by BabaO2: 9:26am On Mar 06, 2013
jimcaddy:
I really wonder if some people watched the game ysterday or wat they do is to hate bcause its Man Utd. United rily controlled d game caus Fergie got his tactics spot on. He knew a draw wuld send us thru, dat explains why rooney and chicharito were sat on d bench. Poor officiating from the turkish ref. He shld have used his fucking discretion to give nani a yellow just for the sake of this big match. Didn't De Jong get a yellow for a red card tackle on xabi alonso at the world cup? Just for the fucking sake of the match turkish ref. That decision ruined the tactics and gave madrid an extra edge. Even if madrid were still goin to beat us, at least we wuld not have gone down like dis without a fight. But we live to fight anoda day. Am glad UEFA has made their moni for pairing a game like dis at this stage. We still have two trophies to play for, so it wuldnt be a bad season afterall.
Read this your trash over and over again, and watch over and over again all past controversial decisions infavour of this overated manU. I dont know why all of u are crying if Chelsea can beat almighty Barcelona in their sanctuary with same 10 men, and mind you, it was Terry the solid rock that was sent off not a mere fringe player like Nani.
Re: Manchester United Vs Real Madrid - UCL (1 - 2) On 5th March 2013 by Fabville: 9:34am On Mar 06, 2013
[quote author=mathewalab] grin grin grin

And to all of una MAN Utd fans wey dey hala foul, should shut up before I issue una GREEN OOOOOOOOOOOO sorry RED card. grin

That wasn't a red card offence. Most of the you are just commenting out of sentiments. This is what fifa law states:
[b]Page 26
Playing in a Dangerous Manner
Playing in a dangerous manner is defined as any action that, while trying to play the ball,threatens injury to someone (including the player himself)
It is committed with an opponent nearby and prevents the opponent from playing the ball for fear of injury. The action becomes an offence only when an
opponent is adversely affected. A scissors or bicycle kick is permissible provided that, in the opinion of the referee, it is not dangerous to an opponent.
Page 27
Playing in a dangerous manner involves no physical contact between the players. If there is a physical contact, the action becomes a offence punishable with a direct free kick or penalty kick. In case of physical contact, the referee should carefully consider the high probability that
misconduct has also been committed.
Page 28
Disciplinary sanctions:
if a player plays in a dangerous manner in a “normal” challenge, the referee should not take any disciplinary action if the action is made with obvious risk of injury the referee should caution the player if a player denies an obvious goal-scoring opportunity playing in a dangerous manner the referee should send off the player
Restart of play:
indirect free kick from the position where the offence occurred* if there is contact, a different offence has been committed, punishable by a direct free kick[/b]
http://www.fifa.com/mm/document/afdeveloping/refereeing/law_12_fouls_misconduct_en_47379.pdf
Re: Manchester United Vs Real Madrid - UCL (1 - 2) On 5th March 2013 by Fussbot: 9:39am On Mar 06, 2013
Lobatan! 1,000000lks!...if u are indeed "educated" oya counter the laws...moafohas!
Re: Manchester United Vs Real Madrid - UCL (1 - 2) On 5th March 2013 by vislabraye(m): 9:39am On Mar 06, 2013
As a fan of football, the straight red wasn't worth it. Nani went for the ball and his feet weren't to high.
Similar thing happened when RVP was given a red card against Barca. That single decision cost Arsenal some vital goals cos Valdez na basket.
Well, UEFA conspiracy is not a new thing.

1 Like

Re: Manchester United Vs Real Madrid - UCL (1 - 2) On 5th March 2013 by biolabee(m): 9:47am On Mar 06, 2013
jimcaddy:
Poor officiating from the turkish ref. He shld have used his fucking discretion to give nani a yellow just for the sake of this big match. Didn't De Jong get a yellow for a red card tackle on xabi alonso at the world cup?Even if madrid were still goin to beat us, at least we wuld not have gone down like dis without a fight. But we live to fight anoda day.

Walahi I will give you 10,000 kobo if you tell me who reffed that match that nearly broke xabi alonso's rib cage
Re: Manchester United Vs Real Madrid - UCL (1 - 2) On 5th March 2013 by BabaO2: 9:48am On Mar 06, 2013
vislabraye: As a fan of football, the straight red wasn't worth it. Nani went for the ball and his feet weren't to high.
[s]Similar thing happened when RVP was given a red card against Barca[/s]. That single decision cost Arsenal some vital goals cos Valdez na basket.
Well, UEFA conspiracy is not a new thing.
There is freedom of speech either reasonable or not, correct or not. ....
Re: Manchester United Vs Real Madrid - UCL (1 - 2) On 5th March 2013 by elampiro(m): 9:52am On Mar 06, 2013
[quote author=Fabville][/quote]
That wasn't a red card offence. Most of the you are just commenting out of sentiments. This is what fifa law states:
Page 26
Playing in a dangerous manner is defined as any action that, while trying to play the ball,threatens injury to someone (including the player himself)
It is committed with an opponent nearby and prevents the opponent from playing the ball for fear of injury. The action becomes an offence only when an
opponent is adversely affected. A scissors or bicycle kick is permissible provided that, in the opinion of the referee, it is not dangerous to an opponent.
Page 27
Playing in a dangerous manner involves no physical contact between the players. If there is a physical contact, the action becomes a offence punishable with a direct free kick or penalty kick. In case of physical contact, the referee should carefully consider the high probability that
misconduct has also been committed.
Page 28
Disciplinary sanctions:
if a player plays in a dangerous manner in a “normal” challenge, the referee should not take any disciplinary action if the action is made with obvious risk of injury the referee should caution the player if a player denies an obvious goal-scoring opportunity playing in a dangerous manner the referee should send off the player
Restart of play:
indirect free kick from the position where the offence occurred* if there is contact, a different offence has been committed, punishable by a direct free kick

The above rules are always there. Have you not been watching football to understand how these rules are executed on the pitch? If rules are to be used at the surface, why did United not awarded penalties for two handballs and foul for Man United in the Madrid 18 yard box. The rules said, when there is a contact. United players was brought down but the referee ignored it.
In the first, leg the Madrid last man brought down Evra's goal bound move towards one on one with the goal keeper. Why was the rule on last man committing foul not implemented?

(1) (2) (3) ... (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (Reply)

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). / Manchester United Vs Paris Saint-Germain: UCL (0 - 2) On 12th February 2019 / Bayern Munich Vs Chelsea - UEFA Super Cup 2 - 2 ( 5 - 4) Pens on 30th-08-2013

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.