Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,084 members, 7,814,750 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 07:00 PM

Teens Are Bored With Facebook - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Teens Are Bored With Facebook (477 Views)

What Are Your Fav Websites You Go When Bored / I Show You How I Make $1,000 Per Day With Facebook Viral Script On My Blog / Can Google+ Compete With Facebook (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Teens Are Bored With Facebook by JuanDeDios: 7:56pm On Mar 04, 2013
“We believe that some of our users, particularly our younger users, are aware of and actively engaging with other products and services similar to, or as a substitute for, Facebook. For example, we believe that some of our users have reduced their engagement with Facebook in favor of increased engagement with other products and services such as Instagram. In the event that our users increasingly engage with other products and services, we may experience a decline in user engagement and our business could be harmed.” That is from a Facebook Annual Report. Alyson Shontell writes in Business Insider that surveys have confirmed the above.

So why isn't Facebook "cool" anymore? A social media expert opined to The Verge that it has to do with Facebook just no longer being a space that serves kids, as people now tend to look for more intimate places to share items with a handful of people, like Snapchat. There's a sense of privacy there, and it meets a need Facebook has grown too big to serve. This doesn't mean teens are deleting their Facebook profiles, of course—they are just using it less. But Zuckerberg needs not worry too much about it. Teens are still rabid Instagram users. So the Facebook man can still monetise them on mobile devices.

For more:
http://www.234globe.com/story/130/Teens+Are+Bored+With+Facebook.html

(1) (Reply)

Local Seo At A Cheap Price!!! / Masters in the house, On Mobile Website building. i need your assistance. / Free Ebook Download On Info. Marketing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 5
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.