Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,180 members, 7,818,565 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:53 PM

Atonement: What Will You Do? - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Atonement: What Will You Do? (1122 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Atonement: What Will You Do? by Scopium: 2:22pm On Mar 20, 2008
[size=13pt]I just watched the movie Atonement and my heart wept for the lovers though the man in me won't let the tears drop from my eyes. Imagine the magnitude of the disaster, the tragedy caused by the naivety of a little girl. Her act destroyed the vibrant life, undying love and bright future of her sister plus that of her boyfriend. The poor boy suffered and died over what he knew nothing about. If your sister/brother did such damage to you, will you ever forgive him/her?[/size]
Re: Atonement: What Will You Do? by MsLurker(f): 3:48pm On Mar 20, 2008
I am not sure.
I would try to keep repeating that he is family and I only have one brother.
So, eventually I'm sure I will.

Or I would try my hardest to do it.

I love that movie.
Re: Atonement: What Will You Do? by efuah(f): 4:07pm On Mar 20, 2008
. . . av heard but avnt watched.
Re: Atonement: What Will You Do? by Scopium: 5:19pm On Mar 20, 2008
efuah:

. . . av heard but avnt watched.

[size=13pt]Try and watch it, it's a VERY GOOD one[/size]
Re: Atonement: What Will You Do? by tngtech(m): 5:43pm On Mar 20, 2008
Scopium:

[size=13pt]Try and watch it, it's a VERY GOOD one[/size]

REALLY
Re: Atonement: What Will You Do? by iice(f): 3:22am On Apr 07, 2008
Frankly i do not know undecided i also enjoyed that movie, even though i expected not to undecided
Re: Atonement: What Will You Do? by Dreloaded(f): 3:24am On Apr 07, 2008
If it iddt have Kiera Knightly I probably would have watched it

What exactly was the lie, you can tell me. wink
Re: Atonement: What Will You Do? by iice(f): 3:32am On Apr 07, 2008
LMAO i watched it mostly for McAvoy and the new actress Saoirse Ronan

She lied about seeing McAvoy's character forcing himself on a minor. . .he was sent to jail. Few hours before this happened, Knightley's character and McAvoy's character professed their love for each other.
Re: Atonement: What Will You Do? by Dreloaded(f): 4:43am On Apr 07, 2008
did the girl have a crush on McAvoy's character or something? Speaking of McAvoy, could anyone be more misplaced in that "Wanted" movie than him

I used to like Knightley but now she's so ghastly looking, I just cant stand her. Ugh. she literally makes me sick
Re: Atonement: What Will You Do? by Cadet(f): 5:00am On Apr 07, 2008
I'll make a schedule for this movie. in the mean time I'll recommend to anyone THE MIRACLE WORKER. really a great movie, a true story too.

Overview
Director:Nadia Tass

Writers:
William Gibson (play)
Monte Merrick (writer)

Release Date:12 November 2000 (USA) more

Genre:Drama more

Tagline:Behind her eyes is the power to change the world.

Plot Outline:A television remake of William Gibson's classic play about Annie Sullivan's efforts to draw Helen Keller from her world of darkness and silence.

a really good movie, i must say. very charming smiley

Re: Atonement: What Will You Do? by Scopium: 9:04am On Apr 07, 2008
[size=13pt]WOW! The thread has taken a new turn away from romance, maybe I should've posted it on the entertainment section undecided undecided[/size]
Re: Atonement: What Will You Do? by jibosqie(m): 9:09am On Apr 07, 2008
The ATONEMENT we are talking about here na home video? If it is forget it, ain't interested.
Re: Atonement: What Will You Do? by Cadet(f): 1:31pm On Apr 07, 2008
Scopium:

[size=13pt]WOW! The thread has taken a new turn away from romance, maybe I should've posted it on the entertainment section undecided undecided[/size]
LOL. you should have. Movie is entertainment,you know tongue
Re: Atonement: What Will You Do? by iice(f): 1:40pm On Apr 07, 2008
jibosqie:

The ATONEMENT we are talking about here na home video? If it is forget it, ain't interested.

Did you not see Kiera Knightley and McAvoy?

@OP, yes people haven't watched the movie, so i don't think what you are asking will have enough answers
moving to TV/Movies

D-reloaded:

did the girl have a crush on McAvoy's character or something? Speaking of McAvoy, could anyone be more misplaced in that "Wanted" movie than him

I used to like Knightley but now she's so ghastly looking, I just can't stand her. Ugh. she literally makes me sick

LMAO!! Yeah lately she's been sliding into something else undecided For the life of me, i don't understand why she was 'hot' in Pirates. . .i thought she should have removed.
She had a li'l crush on McAvoy's character and i think she adored her sister and after witnessing the 'library' love scene, she was confused. She should have asked her sister what the deal was, but she chose to act on what she thought she knew even though she knew she didn't understand anything undecided
Re: Atonement: What Will You Do? by Scopium: 5:58pm On Apr 07, 2008
jibosqie:

[size=13pt]It's not a home video. But what if it is?[/size]

Re: Atonement: What Will You Do? by Dreloaded(f): 6:35pm On Apr 07, 2008
Like home videos could ever be that creative.
Re: Atonement: What Will You Do? by spoilt(f): 2:56am On Apr 08, 2008
i saw it too.
it was good. That younger sister was so annoying. i almost wanted to plant a knife in her back up to the hilt. little miss perfect.!!! angry
Re: Atonement: What Will You Do? by Dreloaded(f): 3:02am On Apr 08, 2008
spoilt, did seun ban your blog? tongue
Re: Atonement: What Will You Do? by spoilt(f): 3:07am On Apr 08, 2008
D-reloaded:

spoilt, did seun ban your blog? tongue

he wouldn't dare! angry
why would you think so? Did i ever say anything explicit? tongue
I have so many thoughts swimming in my head but no time to pound away on the keyboard. I get work, graduate school plus pikin. I don tire! grin grin
Re: Atonement: What Will You Do? by Dreloaded(f): 3:15am On Apr 08, 2008
let the pikin write it for you then tongue
Re: Atonement: What Will You Do? by spoilt(f): 3:17am On Apr 08, 2008
Half the time the tot is fighting me for the keyboard. Because i brought forth i no longer know peace oh. grin grin
Re: Atonement: What Will You Do? by Dreloaded(f): 4:01am On Apr 08, 2008
lol boy or girl?
Re: Atonement: What Will You Do? by spoilt(f): 11:27pm On Apr 08, 2008
Girl. she's my little munchkin. grin
Re: Atonement: What Will You Do? by Dreloaded(f): 2:35pm On Apr 09, 2008
It's back! grin
Re: Atonement: What Will You Do? by spoilt(f): 11:10pm On Apr 09, 2008
It is. cool

(1) (Reply)

Jim Iyke Reapping Scandal, Is It True? / C.t.l. Any News? / 'the Walking Dead' To Bring Actions Into The Woods

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.