Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,253 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:29 AM

Otondos, Share Your First-day Camp Experience! - NYSC (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Otondos, Share Your First-day Camp Experience! (15536 Views)

NYSC 2016A Nassarawa official otondos / My Nysc 2014 Batch C Camp Experience(pictures) / First Day Experience At Nysc Orientation Camp----->what To Expect (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Otondos, Share Your First-day Camp Experience! by ritux: 7:57am On Mar 06, 2013
abuliveyoung: It was a sad xperience for me yesterday. I was posted 2 jigawa, on my way to kano d bus that i boarded 4rm lag stopped @ kaduna so that some of the passangers could alighted. Unfortunatly, d bag that contained all my documents! Was stolen 4rm d bus. All efforts tried 2 retrieve d documnts proved abortive. I've gotten an affidavit & police report 2 that effect but obviously they won't help. It was last 9te i tried my numba, luckily d number went thru and the guy promised 2 return all documents by 8am knwng how important they might be to me. I couldn't sleep throughout last 9te, as the young man made me stucked here in kaduna. I've been prayng fervently for God 2 touch d young man's heart so as 2 call me by that 8am & tell me d location whre 2 meet him just as promisd. Nairalanders & my fellow otondos, pls pray for me o!

So sorry about your situation. Please be very careful and watchful when meeting the guy so that u dont get kidnapped
Re: Otondos, Share Your First-day Camp Experience! by walesdam(m): 7:59am On Mar 06, 2013
cyif2003: tink friday is d deadline sha. Anambra camp is along d onitsha enugu express way. Its a popular place. U wil enter a bus going to onitsha frm onitsha u will get anoda bus goinng to awka((nt more dan 300)) nd tell d driver dat u will stop at nysc camp((kant remember d name))
Thursday is d deadline
Re: Otondos, Share Your First-day Camp Experience! by kevoh(m): 8:10am On Mar 06, 2013
yeye4live: i made sure i got 3girls on my bed d 1st day i arived camp

Liar! Most Corps members tend to be unsettled on the first day of camp, some have no kit, some are yet to complete registration which goes far late into the evening.

Stop fabricating stories just to feel among! Most of us on Nairaland are ex-corps members and we know how stressful Ist day can be let alone bedding not one but three girls!

1 Like

Re: Otondos, Share Your First-day Camp Experience! by goodgood2(m): 8:12am On Mar 06, 2013
CrazyMan: Don't you otondos have other experiences to share apart from girls... undecided
[color=#000099][quote author=CrazyMan]Don't you otondos have other experiences to share apart from girls... undecided the spirit of promiscuity rules all nysc orientation camps. These young lads, who clearly cannot control their emotions, are "keying into the spirit." i feel sorry for them!
Re: Otondos, Share Your First-day Camp Experience! by blankson: 8:20am On Mar 06, 2013
Went to camp yesterday - edo state, I ran out wen I heard we still had a day grace , anyways am at some hotel called Uyi grand in Benin chillin , I would go back today .. Btw the okada camp is not that bad oh
Re: Otondos, Share Your First-day Camp Experience! by Slankey: 8:37am On Mar 06, 2013
The third week is always tempting. Everyone would have known themselves. Do not be caught in the act you all!!! It could dent your future plans if expelled from camp....lol
Re: Otondos, Share Your First-day Camp Experience! by Bishoptim(m): 8:54am On Mar 06, 2013
I wish it is my time to serve.
Re: Otondos, Share Your First-day Camp Experience! by Promolysis(m): 8:54am On Mar 06, 2013
fubbyy: See experience wey I suppose follow dey share now, God go punish unical, anyway june go tell weda I go burn the school or not
malabite ur problem is mild. I did a consultancy programme in unical(social work) they promised to mobilise us which they never did. Since my mum is putting alot of pressure on me for services. I decided to make an arrangement with curriculum and teaching department. At the end of everytin my name was shortlisted, i went to collect my call up at the student affairs only to be refer back to the hod of that department for clarification before i will be issued my call up. I took to my heels to avoid been arrested. I was actually posted to kogi but now no show for me.
Re: Otondos, Share Your First-day Camp Experience! by temmytujay: 9:59am On Mar 06, 2013
some guys here does not ti hink of any other thing than sex.. NYSC camp is a place where you can make contact that can affect your life positively forever, its not just about digging holes.. Be smart
Re: Otondos, Share Your First-day Camp Experience! by Nobody: 11:24am On Mar 06, 2013
abuliveyoung: It was a sad xperience for me yesterday. I was posted 2 jigawa, on my way to kano d bus that i boarded 4rm lag stopped @ kaduna so that some of the passangers could alighted. Unfortunatly, d bag that contained all my documents! Was stolen 4rm d bus. All efforts tried 2 retrieve d documnts proved abortive. I've gotten an affidavit & police report 2 that effect but obviously they won't help. It was last 9te i tried my numba, luckily d number went thru and the guy promised 2 return all documents by 8am knwng how important they might be to me. I couldn't sleep throughout last 9te, as the young man made me stucked here in kaduna. I've been prayng fervently for God 2 touch d young man's heart so as 2 call me by that 8am & tell me d location whre 2 meet him just as promisd. Nairalanders & my fellow otondos, pls pray for me o!
so sad, pls update us of proceedings, u ll be remembered in our prayers
Re: Otondos, Share Your First-day Camp Experience! by IamChiboi(m): 1:43pm On Mar 06, 2013
Reporting from Ise Emure camp Ekiti. The place is quite cool av nt made much frnds yet, am at d clinic sometimes because am a pharmacist. The soldiers r quite friendly tho some are brutal with their drills. Av nt eaten d food yet. I bliv am covererd 4 my duraration here money wise,the toilets r nothing to write home about. If ur in ekiti too holla am in platoon 2. Chibuzor 08059822912
Re: Otondos, Share Your First-day Camp Experience! by fubbyy(m): 2:33pm On Mar 06, 2013
Promolysis: malabite ur problem is mild. I did a consultancy programme in unical(social work) they promised to mobilise us which they never did. Since my mum is putting alot of pressure on me for services. I decided to make an arrangement with curriculum and teaching department. At the end of everytin my name was shortlisted, i went to collect my call up at the student affairs only to be refer back to the hod of that department for clarification before i will be issued my call up. I took to my heels to avoid been arrested. I was actually posted to kogi but now no show for me.

Na waa o, our cases are different shaa, mine is delaying with the reason that those that graduated before us are yet to be settled

You shouldn't have done that C.E.S program, I did it in 2006(BPA) I ran when I discovered what I was into
1.. Excessive amount of school fees
2.. Extra 1 year in school
3... Over population in the class
4... Lecturers not taking us serious as others
5... No nysc which is the worst

Malabite what are you going to do now? Nysc is very important o, the cert, the honor, the fun and the experience its not what som1 who spent years in school can afford to miss

You should have go on with that arrangement, it works, half of my friends went through that way unless yours its not tight

The one I know, your name will be pasted, your call up letter and everything will be available, the runs is not from school, it should be from abuja
Re: Otondos, Share Your First-day Camp Experience! by coolitdown: 4:27pm On Mar 06, 2013
shalomtemmy: Kano camp is nt bad.......... jst dat i culdn't start my registration after standing on d queue for abt 4hrs

That's karaye you r talking about....its all fun filled there....u will love it, but its kinda remote...with good and new structures...
Re: Otondos, Share Your First-day Camp Experience! by Vivipop(f): 4:43pm On Mar 06, 2013
Akwa ibom camp rocks joor!!! Na all I fit talk for now
Re: Otondos, Share Your First-day Camp Experience! by doushyie(f): 5:03pm On Mar 06, 2013
fubbyy: See experience wey I suppose follow dey share now, God go punish unical, anyway june go tell weda I go burn the school or not

best days ahead oh my broda we go surly reach there come june
Re: Otondos, Share Your First-day Camp Experience! by tallfish145(m): 6:14pm On Mar 06, 2013
kubwa,abuja camp na war here o
Re: Otondos, Share Your First-day Camp Experience! by NoQualms1(f): 8:03pm On Mar 06, 2013
IamChiboi: Reporting from Ise Emure camp Ekiti. The place is quite cool av nt made much frnds yet, am at d clinic sometimes because am a pharmacist. The soldiers r quite friendly tho some are brutal with their drills. Av nt eaten d food yet. I bliv am covererd 4 my duraration here money wise,the toilets r nothing to write home about. If ur in ekiti too holla am in platoon 2. Chibuzor 08059822912

Wow, I was in that camp in October 2011. The camp is cool but duller than most other camps. Enjoy your stay there.
Re: Otondos, Share Your First-day Camp Experience! by nke001: 9:02pm On Mar 06, 2013
R E M I N I C I N G...
Re: Otondos, Share Your First-day Camp Experience! by nke001: 9:15pm On Mar 06, 2013
greall1: Please don't go to boko haram state.just because you want to serve your father land. I regret served in yobe state (jackusko)2010/2011.

From pika (frying pan) to jackusko (fire).

Any1 posted to Nguru town should have no fear!

Who born bokoharam to make pip where 241 battalion (desert fox) dey?
Re: Otondos, Share Your First-day Camp Experience! by nocad(f): 9:21pm On Mar 06, 2013
I had to carry my box on my head in niger state orientation camp,it was terrible and today the sun didn't help matters @ all...paiko tinz
Re: Otondos, Share Your First-day Camp Experience! by fydence: 10:13pm On Mar 06, 2013
chrisical: From Bayelsa camp.
Extra-ordinarily hectic and gruelling registration process but afterwards,it was all fun especially inside the male hostel.Hilarious dudes.
Kaiama duly representing... Have fun with the Men of the 343 Artillery Regiment, Elele...
Re: Otondos, Share Your First-day Camp Experience! by teejaybil: 11:20pm On Mar 06, 2013
Vivipop: Akwa ibom camp rocks joor!!! Na all I fit talk for now
R u so serious? This campp rocks? Lemme ask wah is ur own definion on rock oooo. #DeadZones jor
Re: Otondos, Share Your First-day Camp Experience! by teejaybil: 12:16am On Mar 07, 2013
Day 1 in Akwa-ibom........mehn not so fun. Btw platoon #3. First experience, was told to bite of ma nails!!!!!!!! Bite of ooo. Mami is dead the peeps here both boys nd girls looking/acting so old....... Mehn second tots already sef
Re: Otondos, Share Your First-day Camp Experience! by ndgfx(m): 2:09am On Mar 07, 2013
bengs: I will never forget my experience@ asaya camp kogi state....under captain patrick Aize omosigho...that man is the wickedest man av her seen ...(Permit that english pls)thas. D best way I can describe him!....
Well he was stoned out of the camp later....
When I first hit camp gbam!!!...na 12:30midnight...of the first day...all rooms hostel ..offices were already closed...I was offered one agbako rice by the peep @ the gate...soldiers...police and men of the civil defense....they told me that if the commandant could catch me ....I don die...!!....so I manage rice ..and I was told there is no water....in short na on top bench I sleep for infront of the parade ground!.......later I was fun allthru....not until pop wahala come....thank God ..I was later posted to where I lecture ND2 student and I was also my CDS coordinator....toto experience dey too with all d born again cofaz....#wink....

Nysc is a good experience for any Nigerian with naija blood.
Camp live was great and d memories lives on!...
Nysc was the best experience I ever had...
I met lot of peep...I was suprised to see hausas who were born again xtains..tot they are all muslim..!!! I feel in love with one hausa babe..she was toooooo cute..and d whole platoon knows...if not most corp members....
I love her a lot!.....but she is a muslim....
We still friends tho and her marriage is comin up on 1st week of june!...
NYSC is terribly a sweet experience...

But the worst part is that I never see job and I'never had any course to show my nysc certificate to any employer.....

Nigeria wake up!!!!

[size=18pt]Wake up to what exactly?[/size]
To the fact that your discharge certificate is as valueless as your BSc certificate, 5 minutes after you received it? If you haven't figured this much by now, you've been learning all this time.

I graduated from school about 3 years ago and i haven't served. Why? Because i still don't feel like it. I don't feel that my country should forcefully use me to patch up its in-competencies. I don't feel that my country deserves the right (constitution or otherwise) to take away 1 year of my life "in service to my country" and not guarantee my safety. I'm supposed to be serving in a country, not a frigging war-zone. I don't feel that my country needs to sugar-coat service like something honorable. There's no honor in it. It's just a piece of paper that says you've served your time. Pretty much no different from an excon getting his prison discharge papers. "Thank you for your time. You're free to go"

And what do you go out to do when you're done? Your supposedly beloved country wont retain you, surely they'd flush you out as fast as they sucked you in. They'd expect you to survive by yourself, without any help or support for your ideas or dreams or even create an even playing environment for people with good-to-great ideas to thrive. You'll come out Jobless, with lots of experiences that have little or no value, with lots of memories you certainly don't need.

The original vision of NYSC is lost and it's sad that no-one currently connects to that ideology, rather just seeing it as a rites of passage for every university educated youth. Because you have a "shared experience in suffering" doesn't make camping or NYSC a good endeavor. And if you're a forward thinking person, wasting one year only to come back in a full circle to the point when you graduated, well....is simply a waste of time.

I won't serve. Plain simple. Because it's not worth my investment in time plus the supposed "shared experiences"? Hang around Oshodi for a month, you'll have plenty to tell.

Now you can wake up. Screw the illusions. Oooo and while you're at it, learn to Code. The world is changing in that direction.

1 Like

Re: Otondos, Share Your First-day Camp Experience! by Austinodark(m): 8:01am On Mar 07, 2013
nd.gfx:

[size=18pt]Wake up to what exactly?[/size]
To the fact that your discharge certificate is as valueless as your BSc certificate, 5 minutes after you received it? If you haven't figured this much by now, you've been learning all this time.

I graduated from school about 3 years ago and i haven't served. Why? Because i still don't feel like it. I don't feel that my country should forcefully use me to patch up its in-competencies. I don't feel that my country deserves the right (constitution or otherwise) to take away 1 year of my life "in service to my country" and not guarantee my safety. I'm supposed to be serving in a country, not a frigging war-zone. I don't feel that my country needs to sugar-coat service like something honorable. There's no honor in it. It's just a piece of paper that says you've served your time. Pretty much no different from an excon getting his prison discharge papers. "Thank you for your time. You're free to go"

And what do you go out to do when you're done? Your supposedly beloved country wont retain you, surely they'd flush you out as fast as they sucked you in. They'd expect you to survive by yourself, without any help or support for your ideas or dreams or even create an even playing environment for people with good-to-great ideas to thrive. You'll come out Jobless, with lots of experiences that have little or no value, with lots of memories you certainly don't need.

The original vision of NYSC is lost and it's sad that no-one currently connects to that ideology, rather just seeing it as a rites of passage for every university educated youth. Because you have a "shared experience in suffering" doesn't make camping or NYSC a good endeavor. And if you're a forward thinking person, wasting one year only to come back in a full circle to the point when you graduated, well....is simply a waste of time.

I won't serve. Plain simple. Because it's not worth my investment in time plus the supposed "shared experiences"? Hang around Oshodi for a month, you'll have plenty to tell.

Now you can wake up. Screw the illusions. Oooo and while you're at it, learn to Code. The world is changing in that direction.
Lazy and Unpatriotic,the country does not need your service too

Re: Otondos, Share Your First-day Camp Experience! by Uniquexty(f): 7:10pm On Mar 08, 2013
A round of applause to both the writer and quotee. Nice write up
Re: Otondos, Share Your First-day Camp Experience! by EmmyDe25(m): 10:41am On Apr 17, 2013
In just one word am gon sum up my whole experience in camp: HELL

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Is Holding Rivers State Government From Paying Us Our Allowance? / My Mother Is Pressurizing Me To Redeploy Home. Please Help / NYSC Graduate Internship At General Electric For Nigerian Graduates 2017

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.