Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,724 members, 7,820,512 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:17 PM

Surrogate Mother Offered $10,000 To Abort Baby - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Surrogate Mother Offered $10,000 To Abort Baby (644 Views)

Gay Couple Wins Custody Battle Over Surrogate Mother, Jubilation In Hell. / "Ese Should Abort Her Pregnancy" - Nigerians / He Forced Me To Abort 5 Pregnacy for "His Personal Sanctification"..... Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Surrogate Mother Offered $10,000 To Abort Baby by jmoore(m): 3:57pm On Mar 05, 2013
Crystal Kelley was offered $10,000 to have an abortion after ultrasounds showed the baby she was carrying for another couple had severe medical problems but she refused.

I am happy that this lady knows the worth of the life of baby. There is no pro-choice, its either you are pro-life or pro-death.

After a while, Kelley was reunited with the parents.

"They were both visibly upset. The mother was crying," she remembers. "They said they didn't want to bring a baby into the world only for that child to suffer. ... They said I should try to be God-like and have mercy on the child and let her go."

"I told them that they had chosen me to carry and protect this child, and that was exactly what I was going to do," Kelley said. "I told them it wasn't their decision to play God."

Then she walked out of the room.

"I couldn't look at them anymore," she said.

She's blogged about Baby S., and many readers, especially other surrogates, have attacked her.

"I can't tell you how many people told me that I was bad, that I was wrong, that I should go have an abortion, that I would be damned to hell," she said.

In the end, she feels like she did the right thing.

"No one else was feeling this pregnancy the way that I was. No one else could feel her kicking and moving around inside," she said. "I knew from the beginning that this little girl had an amazing fighting spirit, and whatever challenges were thrown at her, she would go at them with every ounce of spirit that she could possibly have."

"No matter what anybody told me, I became her mother."

source> http://edition.cnn.com/2013/03/04/health/surrogacy-kelley-legal-battle/index.html?hpt=hp_c1
Re: Surrogate Mother Offered $10,000 To Abort Baby by baby124: 4:08pm On Mar 05, 2013
Takes a special person to do surrogate stuff if they aint known to you (family or close friends). There are many saboteurs in the surrogacy business. I wonder what her motive is. Child support? The mother and father probably can't take care of the child financially or emotionally. undecided. They better get her to sign a release. I wonder how that would hold up in court sha.
Re: Surrogate Mother Offered $10,000 To Abort Baby by jmoore(m): 4:15pm On Mar 05, 2013
baby_123: Takes a special person to do surrogate stuff if they aint known to you (family or close friends). There are many saboteurs in the surrogacy business. I wonder what her motive is. Child support? The mother and father probably can't take care of the child financially or emotionally. undecided. They better get her to sign a release. I wonder how that would hold up in court sha.

The baby has been born and has been adopted, her motives has nothing to do with child support. Read the source to get the full details

(1) (Reply)

Which Is Preferable, A Live-in Nanny Or A Day-by-bay Nanny? / Questions For Mothers! / My Parents Dont Trust Me.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.