Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,473 members, 7,836,873 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:53 PM

Good Way To Get Exposed? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Good Way To Get Exposed? (1621 Views)

Secrets Exposed! - Achieving Your Dream Career As A Fashion Merchant / Internet Business Threats And Opportunities Exposed For Free / Nma Plans To Scuttle Other Health Workers Career Progression Exposed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Good Way To Get Exposed? by mjsroxs(f): 1:14am On Mar 21, 2008
Does anyone know of a good way to get exposed?
Because im really into singing, acting and modeling.
I just don't know how to get there undecided

So please reply and give me some advice wink

Im 12, in the seventh grade.
Let me know if you need anything else smiley
Re: Good Way To Get Exposed? by HRhotness(f): 1:16am On Mar 21, 2008
how bout gettin exposed on here, u might get lucky wink
Re: Good Way To Get Exposed? by mjsroxs(f): 1:19am On Mar 21, 2008
lol but where would i post something like that?

oh and thanks cheesy
Re: Good Way To Get Exposed? by HRhotness(f): 1:30am On Mar 21, 2008
try starting a thread in the entertainment section,
be careful tho posting pics of yourself will attract wanted and unwanted comments, be prepared
Re: Good Way To Get Exposed? by mjsroxs(f): 5:48am On Mar 21, 2008
ok!
thank you wink
And dont worry.
I can take criticism for the most part smiley

thanks again!
Re: Good Way To Get Exposed? by safabest(m): 11:38am On Mar 21, 2008
mjsroxs, i am currently working on my album right now, it's a hardcore rap split so if you're interested in backing me up from the background and taking several lines,then contact me on prelicious_13@yahoo.com
Re: Good Way To Get Exposed? by olanajim(m): 11:37am On Mar 22, 2008
@poster,
are you sure you are just 12? Or is it a typo error?
Re: Good Way To Get Exposed? by mjsroxs(f): 3:11pm On Mar 22, 2008
Its not a typo.
Im turning 13 in june.
Re: Good Way To Get Exposed? by olanajim(m): 1:05am On Mar 23, 2008
That is impossible if you are living in Nigeria. The language of the poster is that of a matured adult and not a 12 year old.

The following assumption can be deducted:

you are a gifted child raised carefully under a guardian, who may be your parent;
2. You are deflating your age for reasons best known to you;

whichever the case, I have an input but I can't say now until I hear from you. Gifted children don't go looking for exposure on internet. It would be a waste of their talents. But then, anything can happen. Let us know your true state.
Re: Good Way To Get Exposed? by mjsroxs(f): 1:49am On Mar 23, 2008
Im from Kansas.

Ok then, Im 12 years old, my parents dont really believe in what I like to do. They think it's all a phase. but i've wanted to do this since I was 8. So now im just trying to start out with out much of there help since im not getting any. I've tried alot of things, like going on websites to get people exposed for modeling and where you can find acting jobs and apply for them. They cost money tho so it's not much help.

I was just searching for something on the internet one day and found this site. I was just on here in the begining to see what it was about and what topics it had. Eventually I decided I could maybe get exposed on here and get lucky.
Re: Good Way To Get Exposed? by olanajim(m): 8:56am On Mar 23, 2008
Thank you for that reply.

Before I go on, I want you to know that I asked because of my experience in dealing with people. I can guess when something is amiss.

I won't tell you more than that because we have alot of liars on the prowl. I prefer studying them discreetly and avoiding them if they are incurable by logic.

Again, the fellow that dropped his music plan for you without asking for certain detail committed a serious blunder. I will keep mum on that though.

Having said that. I can tell you that I am neither a musician or entertainer. But I can link you to a friend in states who is in that profession. She is planning something on exposing young talents. I don't know how far she'd gone since she told me this last year. I believe she could at least direct you to someone credible since she had worked with some of the entertainers in the past.

My only grouse is that, I CAN NEVER drop her contact just like that. A guy had tried scamming her last year when she wanted to help her. It took divine intervention for us to stop the guy.

Now, how do I know you enough to recommend you? How do I know that you are a serious type? How do I know what I need to know to trust you?
Re: Good Way To Get Exposed? by hahaha2(m): 12:33pm On Mar 23, 2008
Sign up to the "America's got talent game show", and u hav got real talent, it will definately speak for u.
They are a whole lot of talented kids on that show.

Take a cue from bianca ryan
Re: Good Way To Get Exposed? by mjsroxs(f): 6:53pm On Mar 23, 2008
@ olanajim

I am honestly serious about this. I've been trying to get noticed for a while now undecided
No luck.
I just need that lucky shot.
I swear I would not scam her, I dont even know how
Re: Good Way To Get Exposed? by mjsroxs(f): 6:54pm On Mar 23, 2008
Ok thank you smiley
Ill look at it!
Re: Good Way To Get Exposed? by olanajim(m): 2:28am On Mar 24, 2008
You don't have to panic. Try the link given you above if you love it.

Enrole for reality shows. Your talents can never excape the right viewers.

Find someome to talk to your parents. Even when you get noticed, they may need her consent to take you away.

America had alot of platforms for telent hunt, check them out.
Re: Good Way To Get Exposed? by mjsroxs(f): 4:25am On Mar 24, 2008
thank you thank you thank you wink
Which link?
I dont see any cheesy
Re: Good Way To Get Exposed? by hahaha2(m): 12:28pm On Mar 24, 2008
http://www.nbc.com/Americas_Got_Talent/
You can register online here, good luck.
Re: Good Way To Get Exposed? by mjsroxs(f): 12:15am On Mar 25, 2008
olanajim:

You don't have to panic. Try the link given you above if you love it.

Enrole for reality shows. Your talents can never excape the right viewers.

Find someome to talk to your parents. Even when you get noticed, they may need her consent to take you away.

America had alot of platforms for telent hunt, check them out.

sorry, but what link? smiley
Re: Good Way To Get Exposed? by olanajim(m): 8:07am On Mar 25, 2008
Hahaha had provided a link. It is not my habits to do that. You can google it out. Find organisations near you that help nurture talents.

I will try and find out if the woman can help. It has been long I communicated with her and I can't just throw your request at her. Anyway, I am aware she used to visit nairaland until that incidence I mentioned earlier. I will try and see if I can persuade her to read this thread. I know it may be hard sha.
Re: Good Way To Get Exposed? by mjsroxs(f): 4:14am On Mar 26, 2008
okay.
thank you very much grin
Re: Good Way To Get Exposed? by tpia: 4:54am On May 09, 2008
I just posted on your other thread before seeing this one.

I did think you looked like jailbait.

You must be the youngest person on this site.

hmmmm.

have you tried myspace or Facebook, where you can get more people your age to hang out with?

Guys, please watch yourselves oh. Or if you like, dont watch yourselves.

By the way, are you close to some Nigerians in your area maybe?
Re: Good Way To Get Exposed? by donmayor(m): 12:17pm On May 09, 2008
You're 12 and you want to post your pics on a public forum? Wait till u'r 18.
It's best for you to find organisations that can nurture your talents like olanajim said

(1) (Reply)

Experienced Hire / What And Who Are Employers Looking For? / Nigerian Air Force 2017 Dssc Zonal Screening List

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.