Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,730 members, 7,809,800 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:10 PM

Yoruba Day Celebration - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Yoruba Day Celebration (4724 Views)

Photos From Wema Bank Old School Day Celebration / Yoruba Day celebration in both the public and private schools in ekiti (pics) / Historical Pix; Picture Of Christmas Celebration In Badagry, 1923 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yoruba Day Celebration by beejazzy(m): 1:06pm On Mar 06, 2013
The Yoruba Council of Elders is celebrating this year's edition of the YORUBA DAY celebration in a grand style.
The event which is slated to hold on the 24th of August 2013, in London, promises to be the first if its kind, having prominent and well meaning Yoruba sons and daughters in attendance from Nigeria and the world over.
Be part of history and identify with your ROOT.
For further information,please contact
Akogun ARAMIDE 07066351000
ODUDUWA A GBE WA O
N.B
Forms are available and its free, contact the above telephone number to get your forms and it closes on the 31st of March.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Day Celebration by Ilaje44(m): 11:47pm On Mar 10, 2013
beejazzy: The Yoruba Council of Elders is celebrating this year's edition of the YORUBA DAY celebration in a grand style.
The event which is slated to hold on the 24th of August 2013, in London, promises to be the first if its kind, having prominent and well meaning Yoruba sons and daughters in attendance from Nigeria and the world over.
Be part of history and identify with your ROOT.
For further information,please contact
Akogun ARAMIDE 07066351000
ODUDUWA A GBE WA O
N.B
Forms are available and its free, contact the above telephone number to get your forms and it closes on the 31st of March.

Are you going to be part of the Dubai 2013 thingy (Yoruba International Convention) starting on the 15th of this month of March?
Re: Yoruba Day Celebration by beejazzy(m): 1:09pm On Mar 11, 2013
Hi Ilaje:
Nah! I won't, just handling the publicity of The Yoruba Day Celebration taking place in the United Kingdom,by The Yoruba Council of Elders,if u so wish to travel to UK with the YCE on the occassion on the Yoruba Day Celebration, contact Akogun Aramide on the aforementioned number so u can pick up your form for free,but if u have a valid visa, you can join the team and if u don't have a valid visa and can sort for your visa you can also come forward tO pick up letter of invitation and introducTion by the Yoruba Council of Elders. I hope my information would be useful to you, also u can contact me for further details on 08038316932.
Oduduwa a gbe wa Oo
Re: Yoruba Day Celebration by okooyinbo(m): 2:19am On Mar 12, 2013
beejazzy: Hi Ilaje:
Nah! I won't, just handling the publicity of The Yoruba Day Celebration taking place in the United Kingdom,by The Yoruba Council of Elders,if u so wish to travel to UK with the YCE on the occassion on the Yoruba Day Celebration, contact Akogun Aramide on the aforementioned number so u can pick up your form for free,but if u have a valid visa, you can join the team and if u don't have a valid visa and can sort for your visa you can also come forward tO pick up letter of invitation and introducTion by the Yoruba Council of Elders. I hope my information would be useful to you, also u can contact me for further details on 08038316932.
Oduduwa a gbe wa Oo

Hello, thank you for this Information. Is the YCE affiliated to the one in Nigeria or is it the one in Nigeria organizing the event?
Re: Yoruba Day Celebration by beejazzy(m): 7:23pm On Mar 12, 2013
Oh! Yes, YCE is one body,just that this years' edition will be hosted by the Uk branch of the council,the worldwide president of the council still remains Gen. Adeyinka Adebayo(rtd),Chief Idowu Sofola (SAN) YCE Secretary General Worldwide. All the yce members in Nigeria will also be in attendance at this years Yoruba Day celebration.
I hope am able to answer your question sir, and if there are others you still need to know about YCE don not hesitate to call Akogun on 07066351000. Cheers
Re: Yoruba Day Celebration by juman(m): 2:31pm On Mar 16, 2013
YCE is a yẹyẹ organization. grin

It's an organization for nothing nothing.
Re: Yoruba Day Celebration by beejazzy(m): 9:32pm On Mar 17, 2013
@ Juman! Could you kindly reserve your comment to yourself and behave like an educated felow? If u haven't got any meaningful contribution to a particular topic, you can do yourself a lot of good by keeping your quiet rather than running it loosely.
Cheers
Re: Yoruba Day Celebration by Nobody: 7:56am On Mar 18, 2013
What's the point of this event? People just get together and party because they're Yoruba?? WOW!! What a great idea! undecided
Re: Yoruba Day Celebration by beejazzy(m): 9:23pm On Mar 18, 2013
@Shollypopz:
Thanks for the question.The purpose of this event transcends than just sitting and celebrating because you r Yoruba,record has it that we have more 200million people speaking Yoruba world wide, this event is aimed at bringing the yoruba speaking people together and as well create awareness about the culture which is loosing its value to westernization,also there will be launching of the Yoruba Village a place where Yoruba people can gather and regard to as 'HOME'.
I hope am able to answer your question ma'am.
Cheers
Re: Yoruba Day Celebration by PAGAN9JA(m): 9:42pm On Mar 18, 2013
Great move! Be Proud Of Your TRibe! cool
Re: Yoruba Day Celebration by Nobody: 2:35am On Mar 19, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:
Great move! Be Proud Of Your TRibe! cool
Happy Birthday!
Re: Yoruba Day Celebration by PAGAN9JA(m): 1:30pm On Mar 19, 2013
Shollypopz:
Happy Birthday!

Thank YOu! smiley
Re: Yoruba Day Celebration by beejazzy(m): 10:30pm On Mar 19, 2013
@PAGAN 9ja: that's what the Yoruba Council of Elders are trying to achieve, hopefully they want a situation where by the people of Yoruba origin can meet and exchange brilliant ideas which is aimed at improving the lots of Yoruba people around the globe
Re: Yoruba Day Celebration by petrafiliz(m): 10:29am On Dec 20, 2014
are they yuroba links to ancient Egypt?

(1) (Reply)

5 Common Cases Of Colonial Mentality In Nigeria / Choose Between Hausa, Yoruba, And Igbo Language / KEAGBOREKUZI I, The Youngest Crowned King In The World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.