Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,012 members, 7,817,981 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:36 AM

You Cannot Pray To Be Rich - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / You Cannot Pray To Be Rich (719 Views)

Muslims Rape 9 Year Old Girls And Then Pray To Allah / Why Do Winners Members Always Pray To God Of Oyedepo / Can One Pray To God To Forgive The Sins Of Another? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

You Cannot Pray To Be Rich by uchkochi(m): 10:26am On Mar 07, 2013
YOU DON'T PRAY TO BE RICH, YOU GIVE TO BE BLESSED AND THAT BLESSING WILL EVENTUALLY MAKE YOU RICH BY MAKING WHAT YOU DO OR WHAT YOU ARE INVOLVED IN TO PROSPER.

You don’t claim prosperity by praying because it is not a promise, it is a covenant. Genesis 8:21-22 and Jeremiah 33:20-21. It is covenant practice that brings about prosperity. It is the blessing of the LORD that makes rich and adds no sorrow to it. Proverbs 10:22.

But why is it that people still lack even when they are givers? These are what to take into consideration when giving.

1.When you give, do not see yourself as giving to a man or a pastor or a church or ministry, see yourself as giving to the LORD.
2.You are not giving away your money or material or time but you are investing it in the kingdom of God. And it has great rewards even here on earth. Genesis 8:22,Deuteronomy 28:1-14.
3.You must know that God is not in need; rather it is you that is in need. The silver and Gold belongs to God.Haggi 1:8
4.You are not helping God’s work when you give; rather you are obeying God because you need God’s helps.
5.You must not be forced, or cajoled to give. Giving must be done willingly. Isaiah 1;19. 2nd Corinthians 8:12.
6.You must give cheerfully not grumbling. God loves a cheerful giver.
7.Your giving must be motivated by love and faith.
8.You must not be tasked to give to God. Give according to what you have, not according to what you do not have.
9.Do not make a vow you know you may not pay. Making a vow and not redeeming it is a sin.
10.After you have given to the LORD, Praise God for the grace to give regularly. Psalms 67:5-7
11.God gives seeds to the sower and bread to the eater, so desire to sow seeds and God will put it in your hands.
12.Do not borrow to give, it is wrong. When Elijah asked the widow to borrow, He didn’t tell her to borrow money, he asked her to borrow jars, that is vessels. The widow gave what she had, her last meal.
13.Tithes are fixed, Ten percent of your increase. Offerings are not fixed, rather they are as God blesses and increases you.

This is how God blesses givers.
1.God gives divine ideas and inspiration: God does not rain down money from heaven, rather He gives wisdom, creativity and innovations.
2.God blesses the works of your hands: Psalms 1:1-3. God multiplies the works of your hands
3.God gives divine favour: What makes life sweet is the favour of the LORD. When God favours you, He causes men to favour you in return. Psalms 5:12.Luke 6:38.
So as you give to God in paying your tithes, as you give your offerings that is your sacrificial seeds, first fruits, prophets offering{offerings to men of God}, offerings for the work of God and as you give to your parents and needy around you. Do it as if you are directly giving to God in worship, not by force but willingly and cheerfully. Your prosperity in all round Endeavour will not cease. Be blessed in Jesus name. BB PIN IS 2739F228.
Re: You Cannot Pray To Be Rich by Goshen360(m): 2:49pm On Mar 07, 2013
Well, I don't know where to begin to sort out truth from errors in your article my brother. We love you but we will always speak out when truth is mixed with errors. The truth is, you are mixing Judaism with Christianity and serving it as a spiritual food to New Testament\Covenant Christians. That's all what I see in your article. It will be just to fully pour out the Old wine in order to fill in the New. Mixing Judaism with Christianity is the most dangerous teachings in the church today and I see you promoting such. Please, find time to understand Judaism and understand Christianity, then sort of the errors.

2 Likes

Re: You Cannot Pray To Be Rich by Snowwy: 5:37pm On Mar 07, 2013
@OP,
You can only give what you have and how do you have what you can give? See a man diligent in His work, He shall stand before kings. The work of ones hand will make way for him. The Lord will then bless the work of those hands and giving will then increase it further.
That is my take. Nice message though.
Re: You Cannot Pray To Be Rich by truthislight: 8:48pm On Mar 07, 2013
Goshen360: Well, I don't know where to begin to sort out truth from errors in your article my brother. We love you but we will always speak out when truth is mixed with errors. The truth is, you are mixing Judaism with Christianity and serving it as a spiritual food to New Testament\Covenant Christians. That's all what I see in your article. It will be just to fully pour out the Old wine in order to fill in the New. Mixing Judaism with Christianity is the most dangerous teachings in the church today and I see you promoting such. Please, find time to understand Judaism and understand Christianity, then sort of the errors.

Thank you.
Re: You Cannot Pray To Be Rich by ApostlePat: 9:27pm On Mar 07, 2013
"You Cannot Pray To Be Rich" FALSE!

1 Chronicles 4:10
And Jabez called on the God of Israel, saying, Oh that thou wouldest bless me indeed, and enlarge my coast, and that thine hand might be with me, and that thou wouldest keep me from evil, that it may not grieve me! And God granted him that which he requested. (KJV)

Proverbs 10:22
The blessing of the LORD, it maketh rich, and he addeth no sorrow with it.

1. Jabez prayed that God would bless me
2. In Proverbs, God's blessing makes one rich
3. God granted the request of Jabez.
4. Jabez became rich
5. How? By praying
6. "You Cannot Pray To Be Rich" = FALSE!
7. Can one pray to be rich? YES
8. Can praying alone make one rich? NO
9. Pray + working with your hands? YES
10. Giving to others? YES
11. Tithing? NO. Not commanded for Christians and cannot make a Christian rich.

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: You Cannot Pray To Be Rich by Goshen360(m): 1:12am On Mar 08, 2013
God is Good!
Re: You Cannot Pray To Be Rich by Joagbaje(m): 9:35am On Mar 08, 2013
Jabez didn't pray to be rich. He rather broke a curse from his life which his mother placed ignorantly by naming him sorrow . He broke himself loose . There are principles of prosperity and wealth in the bible. Which God set before his people. Obviously jabez must have tried and they didnt work for him because of the curse
Re: You Cannot Pray To Be Rich by erniok(m): 3:13pm On Mar 08, 2013
Joagbaje: Jabez didn't pray to be rich. He rather broke a curse from his life which his mother placed ignorantly by naming him sorrow . He broke himself loose . There are principles of prosperity and wealth in the bible. Which God set before his people. Obviously jabez must have tried and they didnt work for him because of the curse
this is a fallacy. jabez also asked for enlargement and if that is not asking to be rich, then tell me what he really asked for.
Re: You Cannot Pray To Be Rich by Goshen360(m): 3:39pm On Mar 08, 2013
This is not your 'church gathering or worship place' where only your pastor say what he wants the scripture to say and there are no Bereans to verify the truth of what is said. This is a public forum where teachings are carefully examined in the light of God's word and hence, Genesis MUST NOT contradict Exodus and Exodus must not contradict Matthew, Paul's writings and Revelation etc.

(1) (Reply)

Sexiest Preacher Ever / Vital Facts You Must Know About The Mark Of The Beast (RFID Chip/666) / Post Your Saturday Or Pre-sunday Blues Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.