Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,474 members, 7,819,726 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:49 PM

Man Held In Solitary Confinement For 2 Yrs In The UK For Drunk Driving!!! - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Man Held In Solitary Confinement For 2 Yrs In The UK For Drunk Driving!!! (557 Views)

US Senator Arrested For Drunk Driving : Can This Happen In Nigeria? / Breaking News !! Charles Taylor Sentenced To 50 Yrs In Prisonment For War Crimes / Obama Arrested For Drunk Driving (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Man Held In Solitary Confinement For 2 Yrs In The UK For Drunk Driving!!! by Nobody: 7:14pm On Mar 07, 2013
I thought this kinda injustice only happen in Nigeria.

A prisoner who was held in solitary confinement for two years has been awarded $15.5m (£10.3m) in compensation. A court in southern New Mexico reached the record settlement to end Stephen Slevin's long-running legal battle over the case. The payout - one of the largest federal civil rights settlements in history - stems from mediation ordered by a federal appeals court. Dona Ana County had appealed against a lower court decision to uphold the original \$22m (£14.6m) judgement that was awarded last January.

According to the 58-year-old's lawsuit, he spent 22 months in jail after being arrested for drink-driving in 2005. He was never brought before a judge nor convicted of any crime. But he was so neglected that his toenails curled around his foot and he developed fungus on his skin because he was deprived of showers.
He eventually took out his own tooth. His physical and mental health continues to deteriorate under the strain.
He now has lung cancer but is currently beating the doctors' odds for his survival. "Why they did what they did I'll never know," Mr Slevin told KOB4-TV outside the court.

"Walking by me, watching me deteriorate day after day after day, and they did nothing at all to get me help." The county's board of commissioners said in a statement that it regretted the harm Mr Slevin suffered while in custody.

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/forgotten-prisoner-gets-15-5m-compensation-113629164.html
Re: Man Held In Solitary Confinement For 2 Yrs In The UK For Drunk Driving!!! by Kslib(m): 10:14pm On Mar 07, 2013
Na wa oooh!! The man don hammer cos even he himself know say he no for make dat kain money in two years...
Na enjoyment dis man dey.. After keeping him safe from stray bullet,accident for 2 good years and giving him the best therapy to scare/cure him from drunk driving and also practically demonstrating to him what it means to have a break from the normal enjoyment/flexing lifestyle and the strong link it has with self contentment,I MUST SAY,THIS MAN NAME SUPPOSE BE LUCKY and to even imagine say the man con use swag comot with 10.3 million £,i don begin picture the kain prayer point wey my over-religious xtian Naija people go don dey pray by now: [b] FATHER LORD,ITS ME AGAIN YOUR SON/DAUGHTER,I HAVE COME BEFORE YOUR PRESENCE ONE MORE TIME TO SEEK YOUR FACE.. *****screams*** BABA,FOR YOUR WORD SAYS "YOU WORK IN MYSTERIOUS WAYS".. FATHER I WANT YOU TO DO TO ME THE SAME THING YOU DID IN THE LIFE OF THIS MAN.. BABA PLS ALLOW THIS POLICE PEOPLE TO ARREST ME AND LOCK ME UP FOR 6YEARS FOR A CRIME WORTH 2 WEEKS SO THAT MY COMPENSATION WILL TRIPPLE IN JESUS NAME..Eheen,oh lord before i forget,na oyinbo police not naija police ooohhh..for in jesus name i pray.. Iseeeeehhhh!!!...

The only Bleep up be say the man go use half of the money take barb him beards...

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Thieves In South Africa Steal Cash After Bieber Show / An Open Letter 2 Mr. President:Nigerians Abroad Are Ashamed,And It’s Your Fault. / Pilot Of Crashed Asiana Plane Was In Boeing 777 Training

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.