Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,745 members, 7,824,148 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:39 AM

Random Numbers And Alphabet That Pop Up On Screen While Watching Dstv. - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Random Numbers And Alphabet That Pop Up On Screen While Watching Dstv. (9564 Views)

For Atm Users, See The 20 Most Guessed Atm Pin Numbers / The Guy Who Invented Pop-up Ads Says 'i'm Sorry' / Random Facts About Snakes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Random Numbers And Alphabet That Pop Up On Screen While Watching Dstv. by piero2u(m): 8:09pm On Mar 07, 2013
Random numbers and alphabets keep popping up on my screen while watching programs on dstv.
It could be annoying some times like when I am watching football or a movie and the pop up covers important details.
l have also noticed this pop up on other people's dstv as well. so I would like us to share our experiences here and if possible, get to understand the cause and meaning of the pop up and also find a way to stop the pop up.
I have attached a picture below.

1 Like

Re: Random Numbers And Alphabet That Pop Up On Screen While Watching Dstv. by piero2u(m): 9:18am On Apr 21, 2013
EFHJMLOIRSQ

Re: Random Numbers And Alphabet That Pop Up On Screen While Watching Dstv. by Nobody: 1:48am On Apr 27, 2013
yeah, i fully agree with you!
One thing you didn't add is that anytime it happens, you cannot change the station until it clears. I was frustrated a day i tried to just switch to another station of football just to know the scores only for it to pop up and i cannot switch back to my favorite team game for some minutes.
DSTV need to do something about it and quickly.

1 Like

Re: Random Numbers And Alphabet That Pop Up On Screen While Watching Dstv. by warrah(m): 4:29pm On Jul 02, 2018
I always saw this random alphabet and I did a little research about it. If you notice it is different for every decoder, it is a sort of anti-piracy code generated by DSTV.

Each decoder has a unique alphabet dis[layed. If someone records a video and tries to reproduce it in the market by violating copyright terms, he can be traced easily from that alphabet shown frequently during live broadcasts

2 Likes

Re: Random Numbers And Alphabet That Pop Up On Screen While Watching Dstv. by SojiVibe: 7:53pm On Jan 01, 2021
I used to think it is Bet9ja booking code. �
Re: Random Numbers And Alphabet That Pop Up On Screen While Watching Dstv. by SojiVibe: 7:55pm On Jan 01, 2021
I used to think it is Bet9ja booking code.
Maybe na sure odd. �
Re: Random Numbers And Alphabet That Pop Up On Screen While Watching Dstv. by Solarima: 1:17pm On Jun 02, 2023
This random-number-generator is an absolute must for those looking for dependable outcomes. Its clever distribution algorithm makes it particularly dependable, greatly reducing the risk of unanticipated results (https://www.calculator.io/random-number-generator/). I strongly encourage everyone to consider using this generator - it is simply the finest I have come across.

(1) (Reply)

How To Keep Snakes Away / How To Bypass Frp Lock Or Unlock Google Account Lock On Huawei Lua-u22 / How Do I Use The Free MTN Free Data Bonus That Comes With Data Subscription

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 1
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.