Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,112 members, 7,814,899 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:38 PM

What Should/would You Do If Your Wife's Cooking Didnt Taste Good Enough? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Should/would You Do If Your Wife's Cooking Didnt Taste Good Enough? (892 Views)

Men Can You Do This For Your Wife Or Girlfriend? Photo / Will You Allow Your Wife Use intimacy gadgets When You Are Away? / My Husband Thinks I Lied 2 Him About My Virginity Bcz I Didnt Bleed The 1st Time (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Should/would You Do If Your Wife's Cooking Didnt Taste Good Enough? by Eklektika(m): 1:49am On Mar 08, 2013
For the core African Man,one area that he doesnt joke with in the home is the quality of his food. Many a woman have learnt painfully that you have to keep a man on a leash-with good food. So what should a man do when d Soup is salty,or d Rice either 2 hard or waterlogged n garnished with pebbles or d Beans bland n tasteless? Or just doesnt taste as well as his Mama used 2 make it? I understand that women's self-esteem takes a battering when they are told dat their food didnt taste good. Should he leave d food after taking some spoonfuls? Or should he endure d ordeal? Should he complain? Or should he after d meal air his displeasure? What if dis is a regular occurence in d home? Should he eat out? What if he falls victim of Iya Basira? Or Nwanyi Calabar? Should he keep enduring? Till when? How would/should d man tell her 2 improve her culinary abilities without crushing her self-esteem? Ur views and comments would be appreciated especially married NLers.
Re: What Should/would You Do If Your Wife's Cooking Didnt Taste Good Enough? by greatgod2012(f): 5:17am On Mar 08, 2013
Eklektika: For the core African Man,one area that he doesnt joke with in the home is the quality of his food. Many a woman have learnt painfully that you have to keep a man on a leash-with good food. So what should a man do when d Soup is salty,or d Rice either 2 hard or waterlogged n garnished with pebbles or d Beans bland n tasteless? Or just doesnt taste as well as his Mama used 2 make it? I understand that women's self-esteem takes a battering when they are told dat their food didnt taste good. Should he leave d food after taking some spoonfuls? Or should he endure d ordeal? Should he complain? Or should he after d meal air his displeasure? What if dis is a regular occurence in d home? Should he eat out? What if he falls victim of Iya Basira? Or Nwanyi Calabar? Should he keep enduring? Till when? How would/should d man tell her 2 improve her culinary abilities without crushing her self-esteem? Ur views and comments would be appreciated especially married NLers.

no big deal here..............you can either.......
1. If you know how to do d cooking better, then, go to d kitchen yourself, invite her along and teach her how to do it better, with love, not with arrogance or condemnation.
2. Or, when shes going to d kictchen, follow her, to give a helping hand, handle d aspect where she likely and usually make mistake.
3. Or, Tell her with love and enrol her in a catering school to learn about d skill more.
You can d all these with love, maturely, without crushing her self esteem.
One or all of these is better than consistent complaints.
May God help us all

4 Likes

Re: What Should/would You Do If Your Wife's Cooking Didnt Taste Good Enough? by Nobody: 6:17am On Mar 08, 2013
greatgod2012:

no big deal here..............you can either.......
1. If you know how to do d cooking better, then, go to d kitchen yourself, invite her along and teach her how to do it better, with love, not with arrogance or condemnation.
2. Or, when shes going to d kictchen, follow her, to give a helping hand, handle d aspect where she likely and usually make mistake.
3. Or, Tell her with love and enrol her in a catering school to learn about d skill more.
You can d all these with love, maturely, without crushing her self esteem.
One or all of these is better than consistent complaints.
May God help us all

GreatGod, am pissed!!! angry angry angry angry now I have nothing to say. angry angry angry angry angry
Re: What Should/would You Do If Your Wife's Cooking Didnt Taste Good Enough? by miredia(m): 6:57am On Mar 08, 2013
I'd rather a bad cook to an arrogant hardhead and a caustic tongue. If your partner doesn't personify these distasteful dispositions i'd suggest you get someone who can teach her without smearing her esteem.
Re: What Should/would You Do If Your Wife's Cooking Didnt Taste Good Enough? by biolabee(m): 8:47am On Mar 08, 2013
OP you can do a search on NL for some of this your topics. Nothing is new under the sun

https://www.nairaland.com/1211928/wife-cooks-badly
Re: What Should/would You Do If Your Wife's Cooking Didnt Taste Good Enough? by seyibrown(f): 11:22am On Mar 09, 2013
rokiatu:

GreatGod, am pissed!!! angry angry angry angry now I have nothing to say. angry angry angry angry angry

She don talk am finish!
grin grin

(1) (Reply)

"I Am 6 Months Pregnant For My Son And Wants To Marry Him." Says Mother / Ladies, Please Share Your Testimony To Help Others/fertilaid/low Sperm Count / Before Marriage And After Marriage.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.