Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,062 members, 7,825,366 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 12:37 PM

Football Manager 2008 - Gaming (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / Football Manager 2008 (11402 Views)

Football Manager Handheld 14 (Android) / Football Manager 2009 "fm 09" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Football Manager 2008 by darequam(m): 6:04pm On May 23, 2008
Thats a very bad way to manage a team. U shouldn't giv out too much of ur players just to get star players. Once u are infected with the injurie plague u'l find it hard to perform. Since u've done that already i'l advice u to start introducing some of ur youths to games as substitute so they'l be able to blend and somehow fill in the gaps if ur players are injured. If u don't do this u'l be surprise to see how a good start will end badly. Start doing that before ur players get injured.
Re: Football Manager 2008 by lalaboi(m): 7:55pm On May 23, 2008
am sure ur players wil be complaining of rest! and i dont think u pay attention to that!

see u have to rest players! the essence of playing the game is for u to do it the way its bn done in the world of football!

make it hard for urself so u can improve! blive me, when its hard and u prevail u just feel great bout it and u start thinkn 'oh i could manage a team in real life' lol

i dont know if its only me who does this

searching for v.good players with 1 years reamaining on their contract! and snapping them up for free when their contract is sixmonths! lol.
thats business skills\\1 u dnt pay a dime for them just the sign on fee!
Re: Football Manager 2008 by pein(m): 10:31pm On May 24, 2008
@lalaboi
yeah i do that as well.practically everyone who really knows how to play the game without cheating does.the only problem is atimes u can get really crap players!!!got idiots like frei,postiga and they were absolute shit grin

@ice zik
WTF?!! sad u gave cavani away?!!! dude is like the hottest young striker in the entire game,evryone absolutely everyone on football manager forums would give their half their teams to have him.tho it does take time for him to really 'get' the way one might play but once he does and after just a season you would be looking for the likes of ibra,klose etc.Also quagliarrella is a very good player,def a top buy same with gyan tho his stats decieve but he is an absolute steal!!!Kallstrom is ok nd by ok i mean quite good not just a really great attacking player,tends to miss more than he score even open goals!!! lipsrsealed

managing my beloved man united(cnt manage any other in the EPL tongue) and got a few players like Veloso(this guy is crazy with his passing and tackling,once he gets a good understanding with any midfielder they'll pass any team of the pitch and a deadly left foot as well grin),Cavani, bojan(another player that has average stats but scores for fun,get him with aguero and goals will come your way!!loads of em) and benzema (bleeping guy took me 2 seasons to get for 40 mill lipsrsealed but well worth it,with the likes of rooney, ronaldo, tevez and aguero they score like its going out of style) only problem wit having a team filled with great players is that for some matches they tend to sleep and not put on their scoring boots missing chance after chance.atimes i play having like 22 shots on goal and no goal while the lousy opposition from div 2 gets like 3 shots on goals and one goal and then i start fasting and praying for miracles to happen!!! grin
overall tho i think my team is ok won the EPL in my first season and the champions league in the second.lost the EPL to chelsea angry Fa cup to arsenal,went trophyless third season but iguess that was due to my not having any reliable backup as everyone decided it was time to go on 'injury leave' with the shortest being 2 months grin fourth season and im in the finals of of the UCL just beat arsenal to the EPL by 1 point.Cavani has 24 goals in the epl and six in the UCL while boja n is king of the UCl having 12 goals!!
Also for the love of God PLEASE DO NOT EVER BUY HUNTELAAR!!! angry angry lipsrsealed angry cnt start explaining but dnt ever!!
Re: Football Manager 2008 by lalaboi(m): 10:55pm On May 24, 2008
guy are u SERIOUS?  i mean,  i tried buying hentelaar! he's just too expensive!

i have bojan too! and he has ons and offs! lol do u know cesar delgado?

who is this cavani guy!  gatsto check himm out! dnt know if he's in fm07

try testing your skills man! go manage from div1! try it! its fun
Re: Football Manager 2008 by pein(m): 10:28am On May 25, 2008
are you on playing '07 or '08?Cavani i dnt think is in 07 but is at palermo on 08,check him out.Huntelaar shudnt edcieve you with all his goals!!crazy dude is difficult to play with,if you have got fast attak then he'll just mess things up,will score but mess things up more than he scores and you need EXTREMELY GOOD wingers with EXCELLENT crossing for him to excel if you dnt have those dnt bother,dnt think ive ever seen a striker who depends so much on other ppls work.
Delgado was very good on '07 dunno bout '08 tho,never thot of him after cavani came into my life grin
Bojan is really good and just has to be given a few games to really show what he can do(scores some outrageous goals).a genaral rule of thumb i use cuz ive got 5 strikers is that if any of them get a 6 even as a sub after 2 matches they keep my bench warm and i tell the pres the aint performing.it seems to 'ginger' them positively or negatively to play better and the other strikers i have to perform better to keep thier place.For example when i started my fourth season rooney was hit and miss decided to ench him then tevez started smoking shit too benched him as well,cavani and bojan came in and ripped chelsea,liverpool apart and since some of my midfield players were out with injuries i drafted rooney into centre midfield along with veloso (atimes tevez)so things kinda worked out,tho with me i really like versatile players who can play more than two postions.like i retrained cavani to play on the wings.anderson as well and he has taken the left positon of my midfied as his.no one comes cloes to him but he was originally a CM,so i tend to mix and match.
bout going to div2?!dude u wnt to kill me?!! grin ill probably terminate everyones contract if they dnt get promotion!!! tho i tried it with juve once and got back to the serie A.
Re: Football Manager 2008 by icezik1(m): 11:04am On May 26, 2008
I just got Mauro Zarate and he hasn't failed to score at least one goal a game since he came. He partners well with Amauri in my Palermo team. I loaned Mikel (john Obi) and he has already overtaken Van der Vaart as my highest "Assists" player. By the Way, Andrea Barzagli is my highest goal scorer and the highest goal scorer in the Serie A by 10 goals. This is because of the way I set up my corners.

Let me explain how to set up corners so you can get like 30 goals a season from corners.

First of all, go to your Tactics screen and in team instructions, set that your corner kicks are aimed into the six yard box for both left and right. Then ckeck everyone's individual instructions and make sure no one's position during a corner is set to forward and near post flick on. Then look for your strongest centre back (the required stats are strength 17-20, stamina 16-20, heading 17-20 and jumping 17-20). Then set this guy to challenge Goalkeeper and watch as you score at least one corner kick every game.

In case, you didn't quite get my explanation, send me an e-mail and I will explain properly.

As for the injuries issue. The fact is I don't play my star players during irrelevant matches like against Atalanta for example. However, of course Hugo Lloris, my goalkeeper plays almost every game. So far, only Kallstrom got injured but it was for just 1 week.
Re: Football Manager 2008 by lalaboi(m): 7:05pm On May 26, 2008
guy! am gona try that corner strategy 2day!!!! lol

i ill give u feed back if its true lol! 2gbaski
Re: Football Manager 2008 by pein(m): 7:26am On May 27, 2008
ice_zik:

I just got Mauro Zarate and he hasn't failed to score at least one goal a game since he came. He partners well with Amauri in my Palermo team. I loaned Mikel (john Obi) and he has already overtaken Van der Vaart as my highest "Assists" player. By the Way, Andrea Barzagli is my highest goal scorer and the highest goal scorer in the Serie A by 10 goals. This is because of the way I set up my corners.

Let me explain how to set up corners so you can get like 30 goals a season from corners.

First of all, go to your Tactics screen and in team instructions, set that your corner kicks are aimed into the six yard box for both left and right. Then ckeck everyone's individual instructions and make sure no one's position during a corner is set to forward and near post flick on. Then look for your strongest centre back (the required stats are strength 17-20, stamina 16-20, heading 17-20 and jumping 17-20). Then set this guy to challenge Goalkeeper and watch as you score at least one corner kick every game.

In case, you didn't quite get my explanation, send me an e-mail and I will explain properly.

As for the injuries issue. The fact is I don't play my star players during irrelevant matches like against Atalanta for example. However, of course Hugo Lloris, my goalkeeper plays almost every game. So far, only Kallstrom got injured but it was for just 1 week.
i use the same technique and you can actually set your second best header to attack the near post,and your third to stay on the far post.so for me VIDIC attack goalkeeper,FERDINAND attacks nearpost and BROWN/PIQUE/CAVANI/QUAGLIARELLA stand on the far post.with the likes rooney and aguero standing outside the area,goals pop in like crazy!!! grin
for the stats tho,dnt think you really need stamina compared to the others.
Re: Football Manager 2008 by darequam(m): 10:12am On May 27, 2008
So brilliant of u guys to av brought diff ideas into the interesting game. Oh i'm begining to feel this thread and i'm very glad i started it.
@lalaboi
its good to kno u r still playing the fm07 cus thats the one i'm playing too. Its not that i couldn't av strived to get the 08version but, i really really find it hard to abandon all my achievements at Bolton and go start afresh in a new game. Instead, i'l keep on playing until somethiing bad happens to my system and i can't go further.
I'l like to kno what year u are in d game and give me hints on wonderful players that have been generated. As far as i'm concerned bojan is the best youth striker in the game. All u need to do to get the best of him is combine him with worldclass midfielders and the result is gonna be wonderful. Other good players are gabriel obertan, salvatori foti, hamit altintop and freddy Adu. Try any of this players and u'l see they are so good.
Re: Football Manager 2008 by lalaboi(m): 12:13am On May 28, 2008
wrong mahn!

sergio aguero is the best young talent just that he's expensive!

am in year 2015 av gotn players lik stoinov pazzini nice spanish players like niguez! and cabrera (defneder)
list is endless! players lik kinciad(N.ireland), check this guy out. nuru sahin(turkish) very good midfielder.
and this itallian guyz adrea gambino! lucas romani and others! i just couldnt buy all of them lol
Re: Football Manager 2008 by 702: 11:03am On May 28, 2008
@lalaboi
o boy u get tym reach 2015

m in ma2nd season and alridy tired, dt game is so addictive!
Re: Football Manager 2008 by icezik1(m): 12:00pm On May 28, 2008
Just download FM Scout Genie 2008. It will help you scout for good players in the game.
Re: Football Manager 2008 by topssy(m): 12:09pm On May 28, 2008
I cant shout, come and compete wit me on fm08 in d forumz on destinyndreamz.co.uk
Re: Football Manager 2008 by darequam(m): 1:42pm On May 28, 2008
Look i'm determind to play the game untill it says game over. @lalaboi i've checked for some of those players u mentioned some are not there and those ones there av awful attributes. Well i kno it will change before 2015, so i'l check it then. Thanks. Pls mail me at darequam@yahoo.com
Re: Football Manager 2008 by lalaboi(m): 5:12pm On May 28, 2008
i'll be gettn fm08 soon! so am gona be starting all ove again!

i think it depends on the pc u play it on! hw fast it is! i used to play it on a very slow pc b4, until i bought a laptop and the gamespeed was incredible lol!
i finished a season within 5days!

ice_zik:

Just download FM Scout Genie 2008. It will help you scout for good players in the game.

where did u download it from?
Re: Football Manager 2008 by pein(m): 6:57am On May 29, 2008
ice_zik:

actually using genie scout is considered cheating,u obviously dnt see real life manager use a genie in a bottle who grants them 3 wishes!!! still its a widely used tool,not against it tho but its something i stopped using since champ man 04,makes the game boring for me,whats the point in knowing a player inside out?!! atime uve got to take risks,splash money on some poor sod telling urself he 'll be a goof buy only to end up with shit!!! grin
@lalaboi
aguero isn the best young striker in the game,he is THE best period!!!crazy bastard can do anything.have niguez and sahin in my youth team,shin is more like a fabregas kind of player ,very composed with an eye for killer passes,let an xperienced player like totti tutor him and uve got a machine in midfield.guys still on 07 should get salvatore foti;simply one of the best ever!!! and those on 08 should check out thiago nevez 'nuff said!
Re: Football Manager 2008 by lalaboi(m): 7:23am On May 29, 2008
will checkout thAT 'FOTI' GUY

GUYS WHAT FORMATION AND TACTICTS DO YOU USE! ?? LETS SHARE IEAS!! COME ON!!

I USE 4-4-2 DIAMOND ATTACKING

N I USE INSTRUCTION SUCH AS, ALWAYS CLOASE DOWN! PLAY WITH HIGH TEMPO, MENTALITY IS ATTACKING. FAST THROW-INS, COUNTER ATTACK.

I DNT USE PLAYMAKER COS I FEEL THE PLAYMAKER WILL BE LOOSING THE BALL TO MUCH, SO I USE SHORT PASSING INSTEAD OF MIXED
Re: Football Manager 2008 by pein(m): 1:03pm On May 29, 2008
i find the diamond 442 to be ok but really depends on your having a really brilliant DM,basically i use a variant of the classic 422.4 at the back(obvious),4 across midfield,1 at AM position but on the left and 1 striker on the right in the full forward position.left winger has f arrows going all the way up and my right winger actually has an arrow curved towards the AM position so in effect when im attacking ive got 1 striker and 2 AMs but when defeding it falls back to the basic 442.Also have various instructions for different players but not too much as it messes up the whole chemistry.Fullbcks attack but forward runs are mixed,no runs with balls and cross from deep,left and right wingers have to get to the byline to get thier crosses in as it pulls defenders with them expecially if they are really good dribblers and always leaves someon free.2 centre midfielders need really good passsing and i set 1 on long range and the other to short passes,basically the defensive minded one while the attaxck minded one has free reign to do anything and NO LONG SHOTS ANY ANYBODY,makes them shoot like fools,so everybody is set to rarely so when they do shot its something worthwhile.
Also general settings are set to short passes,making them kinda 'get the ball and pass',so the ball is alwasys moving and players keep running/droping into spaces left by opposition trying to win the ball.the only downside is if you play an eqaully strong team adept at passing then u might be in for a problem which is why u need really gopod passers of the ball in the middle cuz if they loose the ball stupidly ur in for it.wish i cud post ithere,but it should look a bit like this:

gk
rb cb cb lb

rm cm cm lm

cf
st
Re: Football Manager 2008 by Opelope(m): 3:10am On May 31, 2008
well, talk about addiction. in ma final yr uni and I've been playing FM2008 since it came out in DEC. while schooling. I'm now in 2058, yes 2058. So i have seen talents mature, become managers and even retire.

Just finished uni now and waiting for grad in July. hope to get a job but ma nights are long and boring. could play FM on-line with anyone who is willing to start a new game. can't share ma feats here cause they too long.

i usually play 4-5-1 (more like 4-2-3-1 : the way liverpool been playing recently). The most difficult is obtaining the topman. Ibrahimovic would be the ideal topman cause he got the height and pace. C. Ronaldo would be ideal behind him. The Centre backs need to be pacey, real good at marking and tackling plus aerially dominant. This is because the formation closes the opposition down forcing long balls and Ur defence best be equipped against that.

i usually just sit with a normal defence line and contain the opposition but upon taking the lead, i then push up and close them down in a bid to force errors and double our lead.

With lazio now and took their worth from £35mil to £240mil in 2 seasons. How did i do it? well, scout for prospects of about 17-19yrs old. buy them for thousands and use some as back-up while others go out on loan. upon return, teams are already offering about 10mill. for them and for some up to 30 mil.
Re: Football Manager 2008 by lalaboi(m): 12:14am On Jun 01, 2008

guy! if na true! i salute u oh! lol
Re: Football Manager 2008 by Opelope(m): 1:00am On Jun 01, 2008
omo, na true oh. no jokes.

u wan play small one of these days? or maybe for nights self if u play '08.
Re: Football Manager 2008 by lalaboi(m): 1:19am On Jun 01, 2008
u get girl friend atall?? lol! no offence!

but! thats too much bruv! u r wot dey call over addiction! lol

although my broda played cm01/02 to 2024! then! and he was in uni too!

how do u play online>? i have tried it on fm07 but theres always no league to join!
Re: Football Manager 2008 by Opelope(m): 1:25am On Jun 01, 2008
LOL, I get galfriend now.

I play the game whilst reading self. it was my only entertainment. man no get TV and other stuffs so other than skl work, na just manager tho i play footy and chess as well.

Playing online, u'd need the I.P. server of the 'host'. With that, u can join the game. Anyone can be a host. U just set it under preferences after u start FM.
Re: Football Manager 2008 by lalaboi(m): 1:31am On Jun 01, 2008
how do i get the IP of the host?? person go dey think say i 1 hack im system lol

sometimes it searches for IP around but it doesnt find!
Re: Football Manager 2008 by Opelope(m): 1:47am On Jun 01, 2008
ye, that is why u would need to get the host's IP adress. once the host adds himself as a manager, then he could give you his IP address from the game status screen. with that, u can join in. So reasonable, he has to give u the address himself.
Re: Football Manager 2008 by allboyz(m): 11:30pm On Jun 01, 2008
Hello

how can i download this game on my Nokia 3250 phone and my Dell insprion 1501 laptop?

please anyone tell and so anxious,i have herd of the game before,

also can i get the game for my PS 2?
Re: Football Manager 2008 by Opelope(m): 11:45pm On Jun 01, 2008
it's crap on PS2 cause u ain't got a mouse. Best on PC. As for downloading, i do not know how. I have been playing it since 2003 and have always bought and used the original CDs.
Re: Football Manager 2008 by allboyz(m): 12:13am On Jun 02, 2008
Hw mch is the CDs and where can i get it?

you don't have links for downloads?

tks
Re: Football Manager 2008 by Opelope(m): 12:42am On Jun 02, 2008
nope, don't have no links for downloads.

don't know if u can get the CDs anywhere in naija but u shld be able to. try them big supermarkets or game shops. here in the Uk, u shld get one for about £15 (3750 naira) or maybe even less.
Re: Football Manager 2008 by allboyz(m): 1:34am On Jun 02, 2008
ok, i will check around,

rgds
Re: Football Manager 2008 by justkunmi(m): 4:49pm On Jun 02, 2008
hi guys. .
just got fm08 and installed with power ISO,
but the game refuses to load. it keeps telling me to put a CD and i dont av one cos i downladed the game.

wat do i do? i need to start playing the game. .

thanks.
Re: Football Manager 2008 by pein(m): 9:03pm On Jun 02, 2008
@justkunmi
u have to get a no-cd crack check gameburnworld.com for the available ones for the different patches

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Buy Cheap And Latest Ps4 And ps5 Digital OFFLINE GAMES. (offline Package) / 10 Best Video Games Boss Battles Of The Decade / Download PES 2018 Apk + Data Obb Files For All Android Phones

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.