Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,200 members, 7,829,288 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:33 AM

Dealing With Old Bible. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Dealing With Old Bible. (482 Views)

Dealing With Misconceptions : Do We Receive Mansions In Heaven? Errmmm / 1500 Year Old Bible Confirms That "Jesus Christ" Was Not Crucified / 1500 Year Old Bible Confirms Dat Jesus Was Not Crucified(pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dealing With Old Bible. by Emusan(m): 11:12am On Mar 09, 2013
I believe in one way or the other we have different Bible whichin some are new while some have stayed long (Old Bible).

In my own case we have many old Bible at home which I may not even touch for almost a year just because I have bought new one.

Now my question is:
Is it good to burn or dispose old Bible?
Re: Dealing With Old Bible. by Nobody: 11:30am On Mar 09, 2013
Good day Emusan,

I am of the opinion that sacred scriptures should be revered for what it is: "the inspired word of God" and disposing it should be done with some dignity.

In my opinion, I see nothing wrong in burning it as long as the intent for burning is praise-worthy. In my opinion I believe burning for good reason is better than throwing it into a thrash bag.

But why not give it to someone who can't afford to buy a bible? If it can still be used then I believe it would be nice to give it to someone who need it.

Thank you!

3 Likes

Re: Dealing With Old Bible. by Goshen360(m): 2:42pm On Mar 09, 2013
^
Hey, whatz up son of God, striktlymi, I can see you are doing well answering questions of God's people. Remain blessed!
Re: Dealing With Old Bible. by Nobody: 2:45pm On Mar 09, 2013
Goshen360: ^
Hey, whatz up son of God, striktlymi, I can see you are doing well answering questions of God's people. Remain blessed!

Thanks Goshen,

You've inspired a number of us!
Re: Dealing With Old Bible. by Goshen360(m): 2:58pm On Mar 09, 2013
^^^

Thank you also. We fellowship one with another and spread the truth.

(1) (Reply)

How To Define Your Purpose (part 2) / Purpose: Created To Illuminate / Church Galzzzz...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.