Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,833 members, 7,810,208 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:52 PM

Hyundai Elantra - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Hyundai Elantra (3388 Views)

Shiny Silver 2013 Hyundai Elantra GLS (slightly Used) Selling For 2.3m / Clean 2008 Hyundai Elantra - Alloy Wheels @ Www.largemanmotors..com / Just Arrive Tokunbo Hyundai Elantra For 500K (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hyundai Elantra by beelala: 4:05pm On Mar 23, 2008
hyundai elantra 2007 model--- i want to buy this car but a lot of guys keeep discouraging with no technical reason.

please is it okay to buy and use this car!!!!
Re: Hyundai Elantra by sultaan(m): 1:21pm On Mar 24, 2008
Good, reliability of Korea cars are almost as good as Japaneses without paying the premium
If you can get service parts easily, go for it.Just remember to to your regular services(oil changes)
Re: Hyundai Elantra by Midas02(m): 6:21am On Mar 27, 2008
I agree totally with sultaan of brunei cheesy
Go for it! Good reliability and durable products. Hyundai cars are excellent value for money and having been top-rated for reliability and build quality in the US.
Unfortunately, most people are boring, colorless and not adventurous - only having a fixation for toyotas.
Toyota, toyota, toyota,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, that is all you hear!!. What a bore!

1 Like

Re: Hyundai Elantra by Igbudu1: 10:55am On Mar 27, 2008
Hyundai is kool Midas, but it seems u are irritated by the hype on TOYOTA in this part of the world, but have u really done a proper research on why this is so? tongue
Re: Hyundai Elantra by Midas02(m): 3:51pm On Mar 27, 2008
Igbudu1,

You can be rest assured that I need no research to know why!. I happen to sell cars for a living, I am Nigerian and I spend considerable time in Naija, so I know Nigeria, the conditions and the people. Possibly the biggest advantage for toyota cars may be the availability of spare parts in Nigeria. Before Toyota, it was Peugeots that were ubiquitous with an intermitent dash of Mercedes Benzes, VWs and japanese cars. I spent almost my entire teenage years (late 80's) trying to convince my Mom that her beloved "504 SR" was a piece of junk inspite of societal praise!. Eventually, she tasted a Honda, she never looked back again!.

Being an adventurous, free spirited person with a knack for being 'different', I consider it critical to encourage anyone who like me, is interested in thinking outside the box - freeing oneself from the self-imposed constraints of the society - these are the people that make a difference as far as I am concerned!. Toyota makes good vehicles however, you can be rest assured that there are also other fine automobile products. As a matter of fact, it is rare that Toyota releases any ground breaking design or wins "Best Car in its Class' award - Toyota is a company that has perfected the art and science of quality production, excelling in marketing practical cars that can do everything considerably well without doing anything exceedingly well!  - Toyota products are practical, reliable and durable and this is why it is so popular - the fact remains, however, that these are virtues that are shared by many other automobile manufacturers!

I am firm believer in variety being the spice of life. The diversity of choice and outlook is one of the keys to a successful socio-economic environment, thereby encouraging free capitalistic endeavours. Unfortunately, we are a people that is so easily herded and consumed by branding and perception. We discover one window and everyone wants to looks out from only that one window! It just bores me to death when the automobile landscape of a nation becomes so monotonous and fixated!!

2 Likes

Re: Hyundai Elantra by earthrealm(m): 3:06pm On Apr 29, 2008
hyundais r reliable, they r almost like honda,

even in nigeria hyundais r sold in honda place,
the sonata n elantra r quite cool models.

when it comes to the new japanese/korean cars,

hyundais takes the cake,
its first b4 chevrolet and kia, anytime anyday

i rate kia even better than the chevrolet
Re: Hyundai Elantra by clareomiz(f): 7:38pm On Apr 29, 2008
been driving a hyundai for over 2years! it not bad at all! Just do wat U have to do & U no go get wahala.
Re: Hyundai Elantra by sayittome(m): 4:35am On Apr 28, 2019
clareomiz:
been driving a hyundai for over 2years! it not bad at all! Just do wat U have to do & U no go get wahala.
Pls can you tell me more about this Elantra car? I am really considering buying it but I hear things about scarcity of spare parts and the high cost of maintenance which make me scared. I'm buying my first car so I need all the info I can get. Thanks

(1) (Reply)

M.A.N DIESEL 19.331 TRUCK. (PICTURE) / Auction Sales 3BIDDING HAS OFFICIALLY STARTED / Lagos Cleared 2006 Toyota Hilander. 2.26m call 08032914030

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.