Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,195 members, 7,818,651 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:50 PM

Ibs Nigeria - Review Website - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Ibs Nigeria - Review Website (1458 Views)

Please Review Website / Twitter Social Plugin Help: / Please Review Website Remodified / Nigeria's First Consumer Review Website - Your Thoughts? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ibs Nigeria - Review Website by africanboy(m): 1:16am On Mar 24, 2008
Need some constructive criticisms.

http://ibsnigeria.com

I belive this is all grown up compared to my learning project @ http://geocities.com/bg_aurora
Re: Ibs Nigeria - Review Website by smartsoft(m): 8:23am On Mar 24, 2008
Quite Intresting ,  good one and look Simple. but you got some broken links
Re: Ibs Nigeria - Review Website by kazey(m): 9:13am On Mar 24, 2008
you want people to criticize another designers work? This is a template isn't it? I am sure if i Google for three column wordpress themes, i would come across this.
Re: Ibs Nigeria - Review Website by smartsoft(m): 9:19am On Mar 24, 2008
really ?
Re: Ibs Nigeria - Review Website by my2cents(m): 10:22am On Mar 24, 2008
- Why is it that when I click links to "selected clients", I don't get at least a pop up of what the site looks like?

- I c u r using lightbox for the "references". Kudos. however, I would reduce the size of the thumbnails so it can be viewed within the screen's limits. I hv a 1024 screen and still couldn't see it all. You should code for the lowest common denominator at all times. Take a look at how I did mine at: http://www.acewebdevelopment.net/ace-portfolio/

I hope these help.
Re: Ibs Nigeria - Review Website by africanboy(m): 12:01pm On Mar 24, 2008
smartsoft:

Quite Intresting , good one and look Simple. but you got some broken links
yes i know, still putting up some content

kazey:

you want people to criticize another designers work? This is a template isn't it? I am sure if i Google for three column wordpress themes, i would come across this.
it is based on a template. i an even give you the site of the designer, http://solucija.com. I tried to adapt it to fit my needs. Just because I build a house doesnt mean I cant use a house another man built. And no, it is not a wordpress theme.

my2cents:

- Why is it that when I click links to "selected clients", I don't get at least a pop up of what the site looks like?
i used that to quickly show how the sites look like, i intend placing an iframe/div to load the actual site on the portfolio page. should be done by evening

my2cents:

- I c you're using lightbox for the "references". Kudos. however, I would reduce the size of the thumbnails so it can be viewed within the screen's limits. I hv a 1024 screen and still couldn't see it all. You should code for the lowest common denominator at all times. Take a look at how I did mine at: http://www.acewebdevelopment.net/ace-portfolio/
800 x 600 are so yesterday. i agree, i'll reduce them a bit, but now i believe most users should be on 1024x768 at least. I use 1440x900, so i did not consider that.

my2cents:

I hope these help.
yes they do.
Re: Ibs Nigeria - Review Website by my2cents(m): 2:27pm On Mar 24, 2008
africanboy,

Just to clarify:
If you read my statement again, you will see I said "code for the lowest common denominator (LCD)", and not "800x600". If you wanted to take that literally, then you would also need to use web-safe colors. What I meant was, if your LCD is 1440x900, code for them. I would assume that before deciding what that value is, that you are either up-to-date on the latest research (which actually shows that majority of people surf on 1024x768) and/or you look at your web logs to see what resolution your visitors surf with.

Having said that, based on my experiences browsing in Nigeria (both at home and at cafes), if your primary audience is in Nigeria, I would say make your LCD 800x600. If that is still "so yesterday" to you, then make your site flexible or fluid by using %ages and not actual widths. That way, if the LCD tomorrow is say, 2000x1000, your site grows/shrinks with it, as opposed to you having to redesign the site again cos it looks so small on the screen.

Finally, whenever a site is up for review, it is okay for it not to be complete. In that case, you should let us know what's missing so that we don't state things that you are already aware of. That saves both parties a few characters and probably reduces stress levels as well cool

As always, my 2 cents.
Re: Ibs Nigeria - Review Website by damolat: 5:07pm On Mar 24, 2008
Thats a nice website my guy. Am sure you must have put a lot of careful thoughts to that design, from the fonts to the gradients, to the web 2.0 style boxes,
to the gray color of the copy text, well done.

The only thing I can say is that try a different color from that red, It just looks a bit too primary. Experiment with orange or lemon green.
Dude, am impressed man, I even see you have used css for your positioning instead of tables. Thats a good one, well done.

Cheers.
Re: Ibs Nigeria - Review Website by smartsoft(m): 8:09pm On Mar 24, 2008
At least he customised the template well
Re: Ibs Nigeria - Review Website by africanboy(m): 11:44am On Mar 25, 2008
thats the color that attracted me in the template. the red.
Re: Ibs Nigeria - Review Website by damolat: 2:49pm On Mar 25, 2008
Oh! my bad, I didn't know it was a template. My comments go to the creator of the template then,

(1) (Reply)

Facebook Revealed Fb Profile Spy V2 / How To Update Users Last Login Time / I Want D Best Hosting For My Site.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.