Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,948 members, 7,956,576 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 02:28 PM

P-squere Dub Hhwa A ‘yoruba Hip Hop Awards' - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / P-squere Dub Hhwa A ‘yoruba Hip Hop Awards' (4567 Views)

Tonto Dike's New Looks As A Yoruba Wife / 2015 BET Hip Hop Awards Winners! You Won't Believe Who Won The Most! / See What A Yoruba Movie Director Did To Someone’s Traditional Wedding Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

P-squere Dub Hhwa A ‘yoruba Hip Hop Awards' by dont8(m): 2:50am On Mar 24, 2008
The 2008 hip hop world award held on March 15, is the biggest of all three editions the organisers have held so far. It is the most glamorous yet. And the most controversial. Since the announcement of this year’s winners at a celebrity-studded event at Planet One, Maryland, Lagos, the music community in Nigeria has been thrown into factions, following disagreements over who went home with what.
While Asa (who was absent), 2face Idibia (also absent), DJ Jimmy Jatt, Wande Coal, D’Banj, M.I. and DJ T emerged big winners for the night, it was a different stroke for Psquare, Faze, TY Bello and Lara George – all talented, hardworking acts whom pundits had earlier predicted would come tops at the award.
The day after the award, Lara George, a former member of gospel quartet KUSH thanked her fans for supporting her, and informed them the award went to Asa, whom she says deserves it too. TY Bello and Faze have yet to make their feelings public, but those close to them say hey are ‘not losing’ any sleep. However, rave pop twins Psquare have used any means available, to establish their discontent, alleging they were cheated. They have called the award ‘Yoruba hip hop awards’, insisting it was a ‘shame’ the organisers gave the awards to only people of south-western origin.
A spokesperson for the organisers was not willing to comment.
But Glitz beats investigations reveal that Psquare went home with five plaques at the debut edition of the awards in 2006. And also that non-Yoruba acts like Ruggedman, Timaya, M.I., were among the winners on March 15. Two non-Yoruba executives Olisa Adibua and Obi Asika were also inducted into the hall of fame.
Many have criticized Psquare for their comments. But those sympathetic to their anger insist they deserve to have won an award for their hardwork in 2007.
The Anambra-born twins have lost major awards in recent times. In 2006, they lost the MOBO best African act award to Ghana’s Batman Samini. The following year, they lost the coveted MTV best African act prize to Freshlyground.
But in spite of the setbacks, they continue to trudge on, working as hard as possible and garnering fans across nooks and crannies of the continent.
Re: P-squere Dub Hhwa A ‘yoruba Hip Hop Awards' by dont8(m): 2:52am On Mar 24, 2008
I think this is very bad,i don't expect it from them
Re: P-squere Dub Hhwa A ‘yoruba Hip Hop Awards' by Raymond88(m): 5:17am On Mar 24, 2008
Lol, sore losers. . .go cry on your moms laps why don't you! grin

1 Like

Re: P-squere Dub Hhwa A ‘yoruba Hip Hop Awards' by abdurrazaq(m): 2:58pm On Mar 24, 2008
They are ingrates. They have forgotten that Nigeria supported them all the way to MTV Base Awards nominations. I do not know what the likes of Lexy-doo should do, none of their songs is on air. Since the release of their game over album, they hava been enjoying publicity that (in my own view) they do not deserve.

Thank God they went home empty handed. I don't know how I would have feel if that trash called do me by p. square has won any Hiphop awards.

If Yoruba won most awards, it is because they are the best at least for now. Everybody knows that 9ice, Mode 9, Sasha and so on run the streetz.

They should better come out and apologise to God and Nigerians in public
Re: P-squere Dub Hhwa A ‘yoruba Hip Hop Awards' by dont8(m): 5:34am On Mar 25, 2008
abdurrazaq:

They are ingrates. They have forgotten that Nigeria supported them all the way to MTV Base Awards nominations. I do not know what the likes of Lexy-doo should do, none of their songs is on air. Since the release of their game over album, they hava been enjoying publicity that (in my own view) they do not deserve.

Thank God they went home empty handed. I don't know how I would have feel if that trash called do me by p. square has won any Hiphop awards.

If Yoruba won most awards, it is because they are the best at least for now. Everybody knows that 9ice, Mode 9, Sasha and so on run the streetz.

They should better come out and apologise to God and Nigerians in public
I think they are more than ingrate,where will they place Ty bello that does't win anything despite that her album is better than there trash they call game over,'do me' is vulgar in nature.
Re: P-squere Dub Hhwa A ‘yoruba Hip Hop Awards' by Mortiple(m): 9:00am On Mar 25, 2008
@dont8

What is your motive for posting this thread? Create animosity between Igbos and Yorubas or better still between P-Square and westerners (Yorubas)? What do you stand to gain, brother? Could it be you have something against p-square? Perhaps, you are jealous of their success.

Your info has no authentic source. Don't you think such news would have made headline, yet no journalist heard it, ONLY YOU! Haba!

Anyway, thank you, we are least interested.
Re: P-squere Dub Hhwa A ‘yoruba Hip Hop Awards' by Emad(f): 9:26am On Mar 25, 2008
Nigeria is crawling with Tribalism!!!
Re: P-squere Dub Hhwa A ‘yoruba Hip Hop Awards' by trendy(f): 10:38am On Mar 25, 2008
psquare should have know better
the award is not their birth right dammit!!!!!!!!!!!!

it is psquare that is bringing tribalism in to this who thing
they didn't complain when they won five whooping awards last year did they?
Re: P-squere Dub Hhwa A ‘yoruba Hip Hop Awards' by yongbabe(f): 11:57am On Mar 25, 2008
i first read the new here http://niyitabiti..com/2008/03/breaking-newspsquare-says-hip-hop-world.html

i was so disapointed! They so need to grow up!
they are using tribalisim as an excuse to justify being beaten by other artistes.
if i had my way they would both recive hot slaps for utering such nonsence!

@ Trendy
Trendy how far?
Re: P-squere Dub Hhwa A ‘yoruba Hip Hop Awards' by Emad(f): 5:32pm On Mar 25, 2008
i am sorry but
What Psquared Said is bitter but it seems to be the truth
May be they are a little childish about the way the went about the comments on the awards
But we must admit DO ME is better than Stylee, and DO ME got first on MTV base for a good number of weeks
STYLEE was first for two weeks and it was out

I think P squared deserved to win something it is not that i love them so much but
let us open our eyes and stop the tribalism
They were right that Award ceremony was a Yoruba hip hop award
Re: P-squere Dub Hhwa A ‘yoruba Hip Hop Awards' by dont8(m): 1:20am On Mar 26, 2008
Mortiple:

@dont8

What is your motive for posting this thread? Create animosity between Igbos and Yorubas or better still between P-Square and westerners (Yorubas)? What do you stand to gain, brother? Could it be you have something against p-square? Perhaps, you are jealous of their success.

Your info has no authentic source. Don't you think such news would have made headline, yet no journalist heard it, ONLY YOU! Haba!

Mortiple:

@dont8

Brother,i'm not hating or creating animosity as u have claim,i'm just giving my opinion and how can u say i'm being tribal in this,are they not the one bringing tribal to this,that was the reason i said i'm dissapointed in them for being tribal.
Emad:

agreed
trendy:

psquare should have know better
the award is not their birth right dammit!!!!!!!!!!!!

it is psquare that is bringing tribalism in to this who thing
they didn't complain when they won five whooping awards last year did they?
thank u my sister,and someone is here saying i'm jealous of there success,apart from God who else will make them to be successful if not we there fans,because every now and then i buy there CD,if i have something against them,will i buy there CD!
yong babe:

i first read the new here http://niyitabiti..com/2008/03/breaking-newspsquare-says-hip-hop-world.html

they are using tribalisim as an excuse to justify being beaten by other artistes.

@ Trendy
Trendy how far?
Thank u for the source,i read it in punch newspaper and that was what i quote in my thread,because i was't expecting it from them,they should apologize to the organizer and the panel of judges of the award.
Emad:

i am sorry but
May be they are a little childish about the way the went about the comments on the awards
But we must admit DO ME is better than Stylee, and DO ME got first on MTV base for a good number of weeks

I think P squared deserved to win something it is not that i love them so much but
Emad girl,why are u double speaking,one time u were against it,another time u are supporting them,this type of a thing is not good for the unity of the artistes and the country in general.
Re: P-squere Dub Hhwa A ‘yoruba Hip Hop Awards' by Emad(f): 8:28am On Mar 26, 2008
Dont8

my first comment was not AGAINST p squared
it was FOR Psquared
You simply understood it that other way around
that is why i wrote the second comment in order to
Clarify.
Just an opinion anyway
Re: P-squere Dub Hhwa A ‘yoruba Hip Hop Awards' by trendy(f): 11:37am On Mar 26, 2008
yong babe:

@ Trendy
Trendy how far?

For real , they need to grow up
i am beginning to think those boys sucks!!
the award na their papa own
abi na their birth right?

yong babe, bettwe pesin how you dey? smiley
Re: P-squere Dub Hhwa A ‘yoruba Hip Hop Awards' by trendy(f): 11:42am On Mar 26, 2008
Emad:

i am sorry but

now this is surprising>
emad you?
in as much as i believe they deserve at least an award for their effort
in the music industry
it is not their birth right
what about Faze? why is he not complaining
His videos are hotter than psqaures or any naija video
that need somebody video is the shit!!!! cool

Psquare is stupid, my crush for peter just died
BTW, does MTV base have to determine what is hot and what is not
we have our own local stations for christ sake now embarassed

Our eyes are open to tribalism
it is greed we need to stop
those guys are greedy
when they took home five awards last year
did they complain?
are they telling me other people nominated didn't deserve a win?
they should go and nurse their loss in silence
and there are other award ceremonies coming up
they might be lucky
better still, let them get back to the studio and record some more
Re: P-squere Dub Hhwa A ‘yoruba Hip Hop Awards' by snazzydawn(f): 11:55am On Mar 26, 2008
or better still, theyshould be original and stop copying other people's songs.
Re: P-squere Dub Hhwa A ‘yoruba Hip Hop Awards' by Emad(f): 12:04pm On Mar 26, 2008
Trendy

I am sure that if they made a statement of that magnitude
that was a direct attack on some one else
then they must have had some information which we dont know about
Do you really think they would say that just out of jealously?
They are not tribalistic now, if indeed there was cheating they had a right to speak out
Now the organizers will never tell u the truth
Some one shd go to The twins and ask them why they felt so instead of jumping into conclusions
over some thing they said which was obviously an expression of an assembly of feelings

Guys think for once
Re: P-squere Dub Hhwa A ‘yoruba Hip Hop Awards' by bluehorizo(m): 12:21pm On Mar 26, 2008
Emad:

You are not helping matters with your posts as they are TRIBALISTIC Na you be dem wife abi you want die for them? The award is no one's RIGHT. The raves of the moment are ASA,9ICE,MODE 9, SASHA and dem dem.
Re: P-squere Dub Hhwa A ‘yoruba Hip Hop Awards' by Nella(f): 12:43pm On Mar 26, 2008
hmmm,
Re: P-squere Dub Hhwa A ‘yoruba Hip Hop Awards' by lami4life(f): 12:54pm On Mar 26, 2008
Emad:

i am sorry but

Ehn ehn, so the award wasn't a yoruba one when they got several awards in previous years. It probably was an Igbo award the year before when they won several awards and actually stole the show! Let's grow up and reason less superficially.
Re: P-squere Dub Hhwa A ‘yoruba Hip Hop Awards' by yongbabe(f): 1:23pm On Mar 26, 2008
@ Trendy
i dey fine oh, just tierd.
my hols are almost over cry

back to the p-sqaure matta

Those guys are sore loosers!
what about the other artistes that did not win any awards??
how many of them are yapping their mouth and complainin like babies??

They are doin the same thing they did when they lost the MOBO for best African act in 2006.
they said and i quote "We were cheated. We were used(, ) the whole thing was a set up, "
http://nigeriamovies.net/news/news120.php
was MOBO also a youruba award?? why cant they just accept that they are not that talented?!
Alot of their beats are stolen, their lyrics are a mumbo jumbo, and their dance moves are Usher originals.

When they won loads they didnt complain, but when they didnt win any thats when they remember,
that the award was a scam. NONSENSE
They actully expect to beat out other artistes who worked hard to get their music.
*HISS* They so need to grow up.
Re: P-squere Dub Hhwa A ‘yoruba Hip Hop Awards' by trendy(f): 1:35pm On Mar 26, 2008
yong babe dont worry it's going to be alright!

it's a shame that artiste of psqaure's status should say such thing
Ruggedman isn't yourba he won something
neither is cobhams!
they are really stupid
i thought they were better than this o

Ok it's a yoruba award , they didn't give them
oya make dem cry now abi?
Re: P-squere Dub Hhwa A ‘yoruba Hip Hop Awards' by yongbabe(f): 1:43pm On Mar 26, 2008
trendy:

yong babe don't worry it's going to be alright!

it's a shame that artiste of psqaure's status should say such thing
Ruggedman isn't yourba he won something
neither is cobhams!
they are really stupid
i thought they were better than this o

Ok it's a yoruba award , they didn't give them
oya make them cry now abi?

exactly, wait make i go buy tissue for them cheesy
Re: P-squere Dub Hhwa A ‘yoruba Hip Hop Awards' by trendy(f): 1:51pm On Mar 26, 2008
tissue too much for dem angry na rag dem go use take clean face
Re: P-squere Dub Hhwa A ‘yoruba Hip Hop Awards' by yongbabe(f): 1:54pm On Mar 26, 2008
@ Trendy
loooooooool.
ya, they dont deserve my tissue!
Re: P-squere Dub Hhwa A ‘yoruba Hip Hop Awards' by Emad(f): 3:47pm On Mar 26, 2008
Wona take am easy on the guys nah?
Trendy Yong babe, etc etc
Take am easy
OK let us wait to see different reactions
Re: P-squere Dub Hhwa A ‘yoruba Hip Hop Awards' by trendy(f): 5:30pm On Mar 26, 2008
lol, Emad cheesy but they are not the only one nominated now
na their property? is faze song and video's not good enough
should they give them all the awards home?
they deserve something at least
but the people voted
Emad did you try voting for them, when voting was on?
Re: P-squere Dub Hhwa A ‘yoruba Hip Hop Awards' by Emad(f): 5:44pm On Mar 26, 2008
because na my one vote for make difference grin
any way i dey talk say make wona take am easy for them becos we no sabi wetin them sabi

Make them come explain
corruption dey every side for 9ja
Re: P-squere Dub Hhwa A ‘yoruba Hip Hop Awards' by yongbabe(f): 6:09pm On Mar 26, 2008
you could vote??
Emad u no well grin

they need to learn that they cant have their cake and eat it too.
great now i want cake tongue
Re: P-squere Dub Hhwa A ‘yoruba Hip Hop Awards' by trendy(f): 6:22pm On Mar 26, 2008
you see emad, when they won 5 awards at once it wasn't wayo abi?
Re: P-squere Dub Hhwa A ‘yoruba Hip Hop Awards' by trendy(f): 6:24pm On Mar 26, 2008
yong babe, i can get you e-cake from google images grin
Re: P-squere Dub Hhwa A ‘yoruba Hip Hop Awards' by yongbabe(f): 6:48pm On Mar 26, 2008
@ Trendy
u no serious cheesy.
i seriously want caketo lazy to go buy them now tongue
wow the cakes on google look delicious..

trendy:

you see emad, when they won 5 awards at once it wasn't wayo abi?

u dey mind them *hiss*.
Re: P-squere Dub Hhwa A ‘yoruba Hip Hop Awards' by bluehorizo(m): 7:10pm On Mar 26, 2008
I don't know emad own with dem p Square. Wetin concern agbero concern overload?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Photos: Check Out Olamide Badoo's New Pix From Photo Shoot / Woman Throws CLASSIC Tantrum After Being Dumped By Boyfriend (PHOTOS) / Iyabo Ojo's Daughter Looking Hot In Sexy Bum Shorts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.